Parking near ibrox

MacBoyd

Sheils road subway park and ride a good option I use often , sometimes just walk it to ibrox and back to from there and don’t bother using the subway part of the deal ,15 minute walk or 3 stops in subway , come out the carpark turn right 100 yards and your on the M8 west bound £5:20 I’m sure it is 

Bellahouston.  Urrdale Road, and surrounding streets.

Takes a few minutes longer to walk over the M8 footbridge, but you then get on to the M8 no bother. It's literally yards to get on to Dumbreck Road, and the M8 entrance is right there and the traffic is all the other side coming out of ibrox, so it's clear for you.  Takes seconds!)

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Whatever happened to that No Parking within a mile of the stadium on Match Day nonsense they wanted to bring in. 

We got hold of some info on that recently. Scheduled to be in place September this year now. Been put back a few times, so might end up being a bit longer than that.

Could be chaos if it goes ahead and make things quite difficult for some people. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

We got hold of some info on that recently. Scheduled to be in place September this year now. Been put back a few times, so might end up being a bit longer than that.

Could be chaos if it goes ahead and make things quite difficult for some people. 

It’s a mental plan mate. 

16 minutes ago, FSM said:

To be fair, if I was a resident I'd be rightly pissed off if I couldn't get parked outside my own house on matchdays.

Ways around that without punting everybody a mile away from the stadium. 

Plus most of the complaints were about unsociable behaviour. 

Just now, FSM said:

Like what?

Loud obnoxious behaviour and the usual pissing in the street, I agree it must be a nightmare for some on a match day but the stadium has been there longer than any resident if your going to move into the area you know what’s coming every other Saturday. 

18 minutes ago, FSM said:

To be fair, if I was a resident I'd be rightly pissed off if I couldn't get parked outside my own house on matchdays.

As one of said residents, I don't think it's that much of a difficulty. By all accounts (ear to the ground), there's a few people that are driving the idea, whereas most don't really mind much. It's really not all that much of an inconvenience.

And from what I hear the biggest greeting faces have driveways. The same people wittering on about it complain about increases in traffic, pollution etc, etc. They seem to forget that they live in a city. It's really not as bad as they like to make out in relation to any of those issues.

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Have a no parking within 3 miles of Ibrox on matchday unless you're attending the game rule brought in

How is that better than no parking within a mile of Ibrox on matchdays? And how do you prove you're at the game?

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Loud obnoxious behaviour and the usual pissing in the street, I agree it must be a nightmare for some on a match day but the stadium has been there longer than any resident if your going to move into the area you know what’s coming every other Saturday. 

That's far more irritating (and littering). Fans don't help themselves sometimes. Might be that some are taking the chance to fuck fans over because of this stuff.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

That's far more irritating (and littering). Fans don't help themselves sometimes. Might be that some are taking the chance to fuck fans over because of this stuff.

Agreed mate, we even have portaloos at the back of the Copland these days but still stood at the bus on Saturday after the game as 4 guys pissed up against the wall on Fairley St. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'll see if I can find the wee leaflet I have and post it...

I assume it's a similar system to places like Scotstoun stadium, where the residents get a free badge and only badge holders can park there on matchdays?

Saying that, residents can also apply for visitor badges for a tenner a pop, so I can see a parking badge black market forming....