Steve Clarke Proved he is a Contender For the Rangers Job - TRO

Lloyd

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The bit that get's me (that I've just noticed) "Ally Browon - guest contributer" ... like it's Brian Laudrup joining Tom Miller on RTV to cover a match or something.

Exactly. 'Haud the front page guys Ally Browon is on his way.'

23 minutes ago, Smile said:

I will always take winning footbball over silky football would be great to combine them both but for that we need real investment not loans and frees.

Exactly. We’ve tried this “attacking philosophy” under three seperate  managers now and it’s not working. We can’t outspend celtic to get better players than them and if we go toe to toe with them they will easily outscore us over the course of a season.

We need to go back to basics and get a well disicplined, well organised, hard to beat, hardworking team with a group of players who are greater than the sum of their parts. The better football comes once that foundation has been laid and is working and we can build on it.

I'd like to see if Steve Clarke can be successful at a club for longer than a year. He's done a fantastic job at Kilmarnock but he's been there 6 months. He also spent 18 months at West Brom and 1 year at Reading before shown the door.

I appreciate he is good coach and very well respected in the game but quite frankly, for me, he needs to have at least 2 or 3 good years at a club before he should be considered.

Despite the great job he is doing at Kilmarnock all this love for Clarke seems like flavour of the month.

37 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Exactly. We’ve tried this “attacking philosophy” under three seperate  managers now and it’s not working. We can’t outspend celtic to get better players than them and if we go toe to toe with them they will easily outscore us over the course of a season.

We need to go back to basics and get a well disicplined, well organised, hard to beat, hardworking team with a group of players who are greater than the sum of their parts. The better football comes once that foundation has been laid and is working and we can build on it.

Yup just shows how crazy the Pedro appointment was

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Kris Boyd has found form becuase he's used as he was with us in his first spell - stand up top and poach.

Killie play with a man down when he's on the park but their set up is all out defence and so far it's been working.

Do you want to go back to the days of park the bus football?

If we're playing against better players then yes. Especially if it gets results.  If we can get a manager who punches above their weight and gets a superbly organised team performing far better as a unit than their individual capabilities suggest they should then absolutely. All for it.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Generally bloggers especially Rangers or football ones in a nutshell, though.

They are too good to make a post on a normal forum like you or me, they want to say the same thing tarted up on a massive look-at-me stage like their opinion is more important than anycunt elses. I wish we'd stop sharing their articles.

Not so sure we should stop sharing them, personally if i don't like something i don't read it or don't comment on it.

I quite like the bloggers who use the Vanguard Bears site to share their peices yet people on here would like to see them banned too and criticise most of the blogs.

It's pretty much the same thing depending how you view the peices.

I think the RO is shit aswell btw (which contradicts my original point:lol:)

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Not so sure we should stop sharing them, personally if i don't like something i don't read it or don't comment on it.

I quite like the bloggers who use the Vanguard Bears site to share their peices yet people on here would like to see them banned too and criticise most of the blogs.

It's pretty much the same thing depending how you view the peices.

I think the RO is shit aswell btw.

The VB ones are different though. They are hard-hitting, reach outside the box and give a refreshing perspective of things others are afraid to mention.

There's no comparison between their stuff and some wee knicker sniffer from RO thinking Clarke should get the Rangers job.

They can't be compared to a blogger because they are more of an article on behalf of a supporters group.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

The biggest problem with Steve Clarke is his second season at WBA and his time at Reading, neither of which were very good. Other than this season, he's only had one successful season.

I'd be more comfortable with a longer track record of looking the part.

Pedro and Warburton were highly successful in all of their previous jobs. I want to go by who is performing now

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The VB ones are different though. They are hard-hitting, reach outside the box and give a refreshing perspective of things others are afraid to mention.

There's no comparison between their stuff and some wee knicker sniffer from RO thinking Clarke should get the Rangers job.

They can't be compared to a blogger because they are more of an article on behalf of a supporters group.

That's what i am saying though, it's how you view the peices and there are plenty knicker sniffers on here who get all upset by the VB stuff and would like to see them banned from here.

If we banned the RO stuff then it's a dangerous road as the handwringers would demand the VB stuff be banned too.

There's no point in the article anyway because we have resident Clarke fanboys like Copland Bear in here who are banging the drum for him.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

That's what i am saying though, it's how you view the peices and there are plenty knicker sniffers on here who get all upset by the VB stuff and would like to see them banned from here.

If we banned the RO stuff then it's a dangerous road as the handwringers would demand the VB stuff be banned too.

There's no point in the article anyway because we have resident Clarke fanboys like Copland Bear in here who are banging the drum for him.

I was just talking ideally I'd ban the bloggers articles that don't contribute a thing and are a total waste of web space. I stupidly read it thinking there might be something of substance but it's just some nobody with an opinion that could have made a post on a forum - like the vast majority of them.

The VB stuff are more articles/statements than blogs though. I just don't know how anyone can see them the same way. 

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

In fairness to Clarke, he said he had 'no intention of going to another Scottish club from Kilmarnock'. That's vague enough to give him some wriggle room.

But yeah, I suspect he wants to go back to England. 

This season was his statement to the AGM.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He really is a diehard celtic fan then!

Owen Coyle was a diehard celtic fan and knocked back the job .. Clarke knocked them back as a player ... what's the point you are making here? 

The problem i have with all this clarke buisness is this, everyone is entitled to their opinion on clarke whether they want him in the dug out or not for whatever reason...the silence is deafening regarding the managerial slot....even posters on here are struggling to come up with genuine candidates to this point....i saw Nigel Pearson mentioned yesterday which could be a shout but did he achieve any more at leicester than clarke did at west brom?

If the options are murty or clarke would posters genuinely want murty over clarke if we are seriously trying to stop the tims?

I want to see us back winning trophies and letting every cunt get slapped about from us once again.....the last 2 weekends have made us a laughing stock once more as we were starting to believe we could mount a serious challenge.

30 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Pedro and Warburton were highly successful in all of their previous jobs. I want to go by who is performing now

Some pretty flawed logic right there. 

Besides, were either of the other two successful to the level we should be interested in? I'm not so sure.

Just now, Inigo said:

Some pretty flawed logic right there. 

Besides, were either of the other two successful to the level we should be interested in? I'm not so sure.

I'd even argue about Pedro being successful. His success came winning a league where they finished 7th then went into a wee play-off for the championship title. That's like Dundee or Thistle in the SPL then being able to win 4/5 games in a row and they're Champions of Scotland. Ridiculous set-up and no way to measure how good a manager is.

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Kris Boyd has found form becuase he's used as he was with us in his first spell - stand up top and poach.

Killie play with a man down when he's on the park but their set up is all out defence and so far it's been working.

Do you want to go back to the days of park the bus football?

You don't get 40 points from 21 games playing park the bus football. He knows the old firm will win if he plays attacking football so is pragmatic v them but his team can play too.