Steve Clarke Proved he is a Contender For the Rangers Job - TRO

Lloyd

1 hour ago, saintbob1969 said:

McInnes was the wrong choice and Clark seems more likely a contender to take over from Brenda. 

We need a goalkeeper and a defence that is world class before we need more money blown on managers. 

Brenda not going anywhere for the foreseeable.

I agree improving the keeper and the defence is a big priority. IMO we need the right manager first. 

I wonder if we’ve quietly made an enquiry about him because it seems odd for Billy Bowie to be all over the papers today talking about how Clarke is going nowhere and saying that people have been talking about it like it’s a done deal when the only place I’ve seen it talked about has been by fans on messageboards.

28 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I wonder if we’ve quietly made an enquiry about him because it seems odd for Billy Bowie to be all over the papers today talking about how Clarke is going nowhere and saying that people have been talking about it like it’s a done deal when the only place I’ve seen it talked about has been by fans on messageboards.

I think there's been some form of contact at least. There's no way Bowie is coming out with these statements if he wasn't worried. I hope this doesn't turn into another mcinnes saga.

End of the day all Killie can really do if clarke is interested is demand high compensation.

56 minutes ago, backup said:

Hasn’t clarke said he wouldn’t leave killie for The Rangers job.

He was quoted saying he wouldn't leave Killie for another Scottish team.

He was 1 month into the job and we were searching for Pedro's replacement when that was said. He's hardly going to turn around after a short time in charge of a club and say if he was interested in public. He would have lost fan and player support instantly.

If we are interested which after the killie chairman's hands off statement I think we are. I imagine we will make the approach season end. But don't be surprised knowing our board and the attitude towards us from other Scottish clubs if it turns into another saga.

21 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Brenda not going anywhere for the foreseeable.

I agree improving the keeper and the defence is a big priority. IMO we need the right manager first. 

I can see Brenda doing same as Lennon, taking a bow out before they get found out. Leaving on a seeming high. Straight into Arsenal or similar English well paying spotlight.

5 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

I can see Brenda doing same as Lennon, taking a bow out before they get found out. Leaving on a seeming high. Straight into Arsenal or similar English well paying spotlight.

I think the opportunity to do 10 would be too much for him to resist. 

I'd be amazed if arsenal were interested in him to be honest. I would thought after Wenger they would want someone with a bigger pedigree.

That arsenal fan tv would be interesting if he's appointed lol 

On 3/20/2018 at 13:44, DBBTB said:

And if he gets beat in them both he’ll be labelled a taig who shouldn’t have been given the job to begin with.

I have posted this in another thread, and I have seen it posted by others in the past but it is important people know: Clarke was a Kilmarnock fan. I don't see any reason he would lie as a young Chelsea player. He was born in Saltcoats. 

8b12b94c80586283d584490dfcb8a20e.jpg

37 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

A lot of reports going around that Murty is high on the shortlist of managers to takeover at Reading.

I think it's just the Scottish press just creating a link because he's a former player.

But it would be interesting to see if there is any truth to it.

Paul Clement 1/10.

Warburton 10/1

Murty 14/1.

Not sure he's so high on any shortlist unless bookies have it wrong. 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Paul Clement 1/10.

Warburton 10/1

Murty 14/1.

Not sure he's so high on any shortlist unless bookies have it wrong. 

Reports this morning were saying high on the list

Scottish press exaggerating  from the odds you've just posted.

15 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

I have posted this in another thread, and I have seen it posted by others in the past but it is important people know: Clarke was a Kilmarnock fan. I don't see any reason he would lie as a young Chelsea player. He was born in Saltcoats. 

He did the same job as I’m doing now... maybe I should contact Chelsea?

16 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think the opportunity to do 10 would be too much for him to resist. 

I'd be amazed if arsenal were interested in him to be honest. I would thought after Wenger they would want someone with a bigger pedigree.

That arsenal fan tv would be interesting if he's appointed lol 

Diego Simeone will replace Wenger imo, no chance their fans would be happy with the tranny shagger

On 21/03/2018 at 19:21, Blue_Devil said:

There's people that knew him personally that can vouch for him being a big celtic fan along with his family.

I'm interested to see a few more people's responses to that magazine though because when everycunt thought McCoist was great, I put up a picture of the same sort of interview from the same magazine and this big massive Mr Rangers had down his favourite team Liverpool, fav player Dalglish, worst memory in football was St Johnstone not beating Rangers in a certain game etc. Big Rangers man my fucking arse.

On 21/03/2018 at 18:46, saintbob1969 said:

Can’t see Arsenal or any other big Premiership club with aspirations of winning trophies being interested in Brenda. 

Theyll judge him by his pumpings in Europe, not by winning trebles in this backwater.

5 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Can’t see Arsenal or any other big Premiership club with aspirations of winning trophies being interested in Brenda. 

Theyll judge him by his pumpings in Europe, not by winning trebles in this backwater.

I could not agree more. :thumbup: