Would Allan McGregor be an improvement on Wes Foderingham?

11 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Fur fuxsake get a grip he left us went to Wigan sat on the bench for 3 months and was freed and he is that good he still hasn’t got a club !!!!

He has got a club and has played 39 games of football this season. 

No. 

FOD has improved every season with us. We can't ask anything else. Is he the same as Shagger at the same age? No. Will he become a better keeper overall? Evidence suggests yes. 

But we are unfortunately living in times where logic ie. tie down ... goes for nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Drum said:

No. 

FOD has improved every season with us. We can't ask anything else. Is he the same as Shagger at the same age? No. Will he become a better keeper overall? Evidence suggests yes. 

But we are unfortunately living in times where logic ie. tie down ... goes for nothing. 

Evidence doesn’t suggest yes :lol: his level is lower championship.

Think the reaction to foderingham is way over the top. Granted he’s not ideally what we need but there are other areas of the pitch that need improved before there. Happy to go along with him for now and McGregor can get to Fuck. Can’t believe it’s even a question. He’s a rat like the rest 

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Too many of our fans stuck looking in their rear-view mirrors, fuk sake the past is exactly that, move on.  As others have said Wes needs competition and I don't personally see Alnwick having the skills to push him.  

The skills to push Wes?  Like staying on your line when you have to and watching the ball?  Aye, that's a tough one.

McGregor 10 years ago was by far the better goalkeeper, and if not for the clamour for 6 foot 3 or taller goalkeepers he probably would have played for a much bigger club  in England than Hull.

Foderingham won't be better than McGregor was at his peak, but he's a better option now.

You'd have to spend a few million to get someone better than Foderingham surely.

• 1 month later...
On 20/03/2018 at 21:09, Drum said:

No. 

He's a good shot stopper wes. But his positioning is awful. He can't control the box, distribution from goal kicks isn't great and he's suspect from long range. These are faults that he hasn't fixed in his time here IMO. 

I'm not thrilled with McGregor coming back. But he's a much better keeper than wes.

On 20/03/2018 at 11:54, K.A.I said:

IMO no. Wes weakness is the long range shots. His positioning is awful for them. McCgregor was exactly the same and he's not the same goalkeeper as he was. He peaked with us before he left.

I'd just play Alnwick until the end of the season and see what's what in the summer.

I used to moan like stink when AM got beaten over his head from distance.

I don’t imagine he’s grown much.

On 20/03/2018 at 21:54, Loyaleastend said:

The skills to push Wes?  Like staying on your line when you have to and watching the ball?  Aye, that's a tough one.

Plainly something that is beyond some people.....

Is he better? Aye.

Should we take him back? Fuck no. 

He made his bed with our support, he can fucking lie in it. Could’ve been a club legend after that UEFA Cup run, now he’s just a guy who tainted our club due to greed.

Would rather we went for that Hearts keeper tbh.