Survey about Reduced Allocation for the taigs.

Lloyd

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How would them being reduced effect the atmosphere? Leeds in 92/93 there was no fans there one of the best atmospheres ever.

A few years previous Dynamo Kiev too .. couple of hundred Kiev fans MAX

They 2 games are talked about as the best atmospheres at Ibrox ever.

Neither were the same as an OF game. The OF game, with a big away support, is different in atmosphere to any other game I've been to, including those. 

The expression of mutual hate is what makes it different and brilliant. 

Aye, Leeds was great, but it wasn't as unique, or even as enjoyable. The atmospheres I've enjoyed the most were the OF ones where we won. I don't think I'd have enjoyed them as much if I didn't get to see the whites of their eyes. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Neither were the same as an OF game. The OF game, with a big away support, is different in atmosphere to any other game I've been to, including those. 

Aye, Leeds was great, but it wasn't as unique, or even as enjoyable. The atmospheres I've enjoyed the most were the OF ones where we won. I don't think I'd have enjoyed them as much if I didn't get to see the whites of their eyes. 

I hear what you are saying and to an extent I'm playing advocate on the atmosphere thing but atmosphere can be a bit over-rated at times anyway ... I say the same thing when people say the union bears make some noise when the stadiums quiet ...and I respond saying I'd rather listen to nothing than ole ole stuff and Blue Guide songs ... but, I don't need to see them devastated in the Broomloan to fully enjoy an Old Firm win and by the same token there's nothing better than 7 thousand coming out of Parkhead after turning them over (which would deminish to about 800 if we move them to the corner) I just think you've got to do what's right now. 

I never used to agree with cutting their allocation but their behaviour has got worse each year. No option now in my eyes. It's our stadium, not theirs.

If it's as bad as a couple of folk think (and they learn to behave) then sure - revisit the situation.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I hear what you are saying and to an extent I'm playing advocate on the atmosphere thing but atmosphere can be a bit over-rated at times anyway ... I say the same thing when people say the union bears make some noise when the stadiums quiet ...and I respond saying I'd rather listen to nothing than ole ole stuff and Blue Guide songs ... but, I don't need to see them devastated in the Broomloan to fully enjoy an Old Firm win and by the same token there's nothing better than 7 thousand coming out of Parkhead after turning them over (which would deminish to about 800 if we move them to the corner) I just think you've got to do what's right now. 

I never used to agree with cutting their allocation but their behaviour has got worse each year. No option now in my eyes. It's our stadium, not theirs.

If it's as bad as a couple of folk think (and they learn to behave) then sure - revisit the situation.

Tbh, I don't see their behaviour generally as bad enough to warrant it. The flash bangs (or whatever they are) is taking it up a level, and I'd maybe agree with threatening that if that continues, the allocation will have to be cut for safety reasons (although not for one second do I think nothing's ever been thrown from our end). The rest of it... no. We've been no angels at their dump either. 

On that subject, you have to ask why there's been no alarm coming from the authorities over flash bangs being chucked into opposition fans. I mean, flares are one thing, but that's a bit extreme.

It all boils down to the fact they’re better than us right now.

If we were winning then this wouldn’t even be an issue.

Quite sad really.

I couldn’t give a fuck, I only care about how bad our fans are for atmosphere at Ibrox. No matter if we’re winning, playing well, struggling, drawing or losing. Always pish.

6 minutes ago, PRW. said:

It all boils down to the fact they’re better than us right now.

If we were winning then this wouldn’t even be an issue.

Quite sad really.

I couldn’t give a fuck, I only care about how bad our fans are for atmosphere at Ibrox. No matter if we’re winning, playing well, struggling, drawing or losing. Always pish.

what was the excuse then at the meetings in the early 90's from the fans leading up to Murray banning them for their behaviour when we were going unbeaten in Champions League and half way through 9 in a row with celtic close to going out of business? or as someone else said in 2003'ish when this came up

7 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Its been years in the making and I'd rather our fans there than theirs 

I’m in bf1 mate and would love it if they cunts got papped in the corner and I didn’t need to give up my seat, fuck all to do with the results. I’ve missed one competitive game at Ibrox since 2012, stand in the same spot every game except when they minging bastards come calling...Get them to fuck, they should be treated no different to any other away support. Atmosphere would still be great if we’re skelping them and their wee band of republican scum in the corner are getting dogs abuse from all sides

Not for me

The increased allocation at both places adds to the atmosphere, hate the thought of games against them being even more sanitised that they already are

'increases safety' fuck sake we make them out to be a bunch of nutjobs who are likely to come carrying weapons and give us all a doing or something

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

This the next myth that's going to become fact on here? For years that I can remember this has been spoken about. 2003 I think serious consideration was given 

It would be shite. Go back and watch the last game when Murray banned them from Ibrox. Personally I revel in the hatred. Part of the joy of a last minute winner against them cunts is watching the despair on their inbred faces. Let's get back to that then if we still want rid of them,  so be it.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

See to be honest the hibs game 2 years ago at Christmas time the atmosphere was absolutely brilliant. One if the best atmospheres I have experienced at Ibrox in a long time.

I'm  being selfish saying put them in the corner because not only do I not have to move for that game but my grandson would get to go to the games.

We're seriously considering moving next season so he can go to these games which is a real shame because I'm really happy with our seats and the people around us and we might end up sitting next to idiots.

17 minutes ago, jintybear said:

See to be honest the hibs game 2 years ago at Christmas time the atmosphere was absolutely brilliant. One if the best atmospheres I have experienced at Ibrox in a long time.

I'm  being selfish saying put them in the corner because not only do I not have to move for that game but my grandson would get to go to the games.

We're seriously considering moving next season so he can go to these games which is a real shame because I'm really happy with our seats and the people around us and we might end up sitting next to idiots.

Yeah, I get all of that, Jinty, and maybe I'd feel the same if I sat in the Broomy. Still, people that get a seat there know what they're getting into, and personally it doesn't persuade me to devalue one of the, if not the greatest (in terms of hate, atmosphere and fan spectacle), derby matches in world football. No Hibs match will ever compare to it (to a real one, when we're actually a team to be reckoned with, not the subdued charlatan of an OF game it's been recently).

You need to move to the real Rangers end anyway, so it's all good.:craphead:

On a related note, I also wish they'd can the music before the game. What used to happen was there was no music and from about 40 minutes til kickoff each set of fans in turn would sing their songs right up til kickoff. The atmosphere slowly built to a crescendo. Then they started the loud pre match music and in an instant that was killed. Switch the fucking music off and get back to hatefulness and cultural songs.  :tu:

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, I get all of that, Jinty, and maybe I'd feel the same if I sat in the Broomy. Still, people that get a seat there know what they're getting into, and personally it doesn't persuade me to devalue the one of the, if not the greatest (in terms of hate, atmosphere and fan spectacle), derby matches in world football. No Hibs match will ever compare to it (to a real one, when we're actually a team to be reckoned with, not the subdued charlatan of an OF game it's been recently).

On a related note, I also wish they'd can the music before the game. What used to happen was there was no music and from about 40 minutes til kickoff each set of fans in turn would sing their songs right up til kickoff. The atmosphere slowly built to a crescendo. Then they started the loud pre match music and in an instant that was killed. Switch the fucking music off and get back to hatefulness and cultural songs.  :tu:

If they played songs that get you up for it, it would be fine. Songs like A Trip To Ibrox and the like, but it’s shite pop songs and Thunderstruck.

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, I get all of that, Jinty, and maybe I'd feel the same if I sat in the Broomy. Still, people that get a seat there know what they're getting into, and personally it doesn't persuade me to devalue the one of the, if not the greatest (in terms of hate, atmosphere and fan spectacle), derby matches in world football. No Hibs match will ever compare to it (to a real one, when we're actually a team to be reckoned with, not the subdued charlatan of an OF game it's been recently).

I know I used to always sit in the Copland rear but the wee man was tiny and we were scared he wouldn't be able to see. He's taller now but I doubt we would get 3 seats together in CR and I definately dont want to go to clubdeck. I'm going to put in a request to move after I've renewed and see where they offer us.

I agree bring back the hatred and that's what that hibs game was! Pure hatred and I honestly think the atmosphere would be still as good if the scum were in the corner where they belong! 

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If they played songs that get you up for it, it would be fine. Songs like A Trip To Ibrox and the like, but it’s shite pop songs and Thunderstruck.

Nah mate. i don't know if you're old enough to remember it, cause I can't remember exactly when the pre-match music started, some time in the mid 90s I think, but the fans did a fine job of creating the atmosphere all on their own. It was natural and unprompted and loud and almost gladiatorial the way both sets of fans took turns to belt their tunes out. No music's needed. It was brilliant. At Ibrox it usually started with them, actually. You'd get 'hail, hail...' etc, etc, from a small number of their fans already in the ground, and to be fair, even though it was a small number, it always sounded so loud because it was so quiet at that point. Then we retorted and off it went... footballing fucking bliss.

Then the music was introduced to OF games, drowned it out, and that was that.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nah mate. i don't know if you're old enough to remember it, cause I can't remember exactly when the pre-match music started, some time in the mid 90s I think, but the fans did a fine job of creating the atmosphere all on their own. It was natural and unprompted and loud and almost gladiatorial the way both sets of fans took turns to belt their tunes out. No music's needed. It was brilliant. At Ibrox it usually started with them, actually. You'd get 'hail, hail...' etc, etc, from a small number of their fans already in the ground, and to be fair, even though it was a small number, it always sounded so loud because it was so quiet at that point. Then we retorted and off it went... footballing fucking bliss.

Then the music started, drowned it out, and that was that.

I am not, old man..

6 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I know I used to always sit in the Copland rear but the wee man was tiny and we were scared he wouldn't be able to see. He's taller now but I doubt we would get 3 seats together in CR and I definately dont want to go to clubdeck. I'm going to put in a request to move after I've renewed and see where they offer us.

I agree bring back the hatred and that's what that hibs game was! Pure hatred and I honestly think the atmosphere would be still as good if the scum were in the corner where they belong! 

Nah, it wouldn't, Jinty. The OF match has one unique point. That's two large groups of people with opposing songs. This is very rare in football and makes the OF atmosphere different. With 1.5k of them, it would lose the uniqueness. It'd be no different to anyone that didn't know the content of the songs that a Rangers European game in the CL. Loud, but common. I prefer that not to happen to this game.