Windass Hits Back On Twitter

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

He should be one of the 2 up top with either a 3 or a 4 in midfield behind him. 

I Dont rate his work rate he has bags of pace and never uses it but he does assist and bang in the goals but he fades away after that which is not good enough 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Windass is a striker being asked to play a position he can't play by an under 20's coach. Not exactly his fault. He's scored/assisted against every team apart from Motherwell this season and at every ground apart from Fir Park & the Piggery. 

The grief he gets is beyond ridiculous. 

Stick Morelos or Cummings in the number 10 and see how they get on..... 

When Murty talks about what he wants Windass to do It usually sounds like he wants Windass to play like a striker but Windass wants to drop deep and pick passes when he doesn’t have the ability to do that. 

2 minutes ago, gers31 said:

I Dont rate his work rate he has bags of pace and never uses it but he does assist and bang in the goals but he fades away after that which is not good enough 

'Never uses it'

Goal at Pittodrie, 

Shot of the post at Fir Park

Run for the penalty versus Aberdeen,

Goal versus celtic

3rd goal v Hamilton 

goal away to Partick

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

When Murty talks about what he wants Windass to do It usually sounds like he wants Windass to play like a striker but Windass wants to drop deep and pick passes when he doesn’t have the ability to do that. 

Probably because he needs to drop deep when our midfield 2 is being overun time & time again which requires him to do a role he can't do, and then nulifies his attacking threat. 

Having risen to the bait he's bound to be on the receiving end of more baiting on that twitter thing.    I suppose that's modern life for a modern-day footballer.

I think he'd be far better off simplifying his football life at Rangers by setting aside his twitter-thingy account and not use it, and instead do his talking on the pitch......assuming he is able to that is.   The question that should be front and centre in his mind for the time he is at Rangers is 'can I do better and if I think I can what do I need to do to prove it?'

It seems to me that his ego risks parting company with gravity so that he has a more elevated view of himself and is football achievements than is justified by results.   Right now he has not contributed to a Rangers side that has won any major trophy in his time at Rangers, nor been close to it.     If he thinks what he is doing is enough to be successful at Rangers then I respectfully beg to differ.  

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

'Never uses it'

Goal at Pittodrie, 

Shot of the post at Fir Park

Run for the penalty versus Aberdeen,

Goal versus celtic

3rd goal v Hamilton 

goal away to Partick

He should be running about all game instead of hiding after he does have a good spell of play but maybe that's just my opinion 

Probably because he needs to drop deep when our midfield 2 is being overun time & time again which requires him to do a role he can't do, and then nulifies his attacking threat. 

How do we play him at striker with a 3 man midfield then, we’d have to drop our wingers which is our only real creative outlet and play the diamond/3atb or play him lone striker in a 433 that means no Morelos who’s our best striker easily

It always amazes me when people that have a go at players, are usually the ones who have no fucking clue about football. 

When a strong midfield 2 is played, allowing Josh to stay in his rightful position he is a threat.  He certainly does work hard, and the stats prove it.

28 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Windass is a striker being asked to play a position he can't play by an under 20's coach. Not exactly his fault. He's scored/assisted against every team apart from Motherwell this season and at every ground apart from Fir Park & the Piggery. 

The grief he gets is beyond ridiculous. 

Stick Morelos or Cummings in the number 10 and see how they get on..... 

So the last 3 managers have all played him out of position, that’s convenient for him. 

Mo would at least give you a shift at No:10. 

31 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Guessing your talking about the tarrier game? He did go missing after his goal.

But to blame Josh Windass for that defeat shows no point in trying to reason with you. We lost that game due to a few things, our centre halves being awful, Murty not having a clue how to react to Rodgers change. You could even blame the wee man buffalo not that I did. 

Josh Windass scored a goal on two minutes and did nothing rest of the game. He still contributed far more than Sean Goss, wheres the hate for him?

It’s not just the tarrier game, he will give you a great game then the next 3 are poor. 

Ive not got a problem with that he’s young and the manager should be getting him off if it’s not his day. 

The problem I have with Windass is he thinks he’s playing out of his skin when that’s so far from the truth it’s laughable. 

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So the last 3 managers have all played him out of position, that’s convenient for him. 

Mo would at least give you a shift at No:10. 

He’s been played as a striker in 5 games this season and we’ve won all 5. 

EDIT: Including games at Pittodrie & Easter Road. 

31 minutes ago, Siwel said:

How do we play him at striker with a 3 man midfield then, we’d have to drop our wingers which is our only real creative outlet and play the diamond/3atb or play him lone striker in a 433 that means no Morelos who’s our best striker easily

We should be playing the diamond. The fact it was completely abandoned to accomodate 1 player, despite how well he’s played, is mental. 

We should be playing the diamond. The fact it was completely abandoned to accomodate 1 player, despite how well he’s played, is mental. 

It’s been changed because we Don’t have a defensive midfielder or a natural number 10 to play at the tip of the diamond 

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

It’s been changed because we Don’t have a defensive midfielder or a natural number 10 to play at the tip of the diamond 

It was changed before McCrorie & Jack were injured. 

Our recruitment in January was all based on a 4-2-3-1 formation that plainly doesn't work against better teams. If we want it to work we'll need to sacrifice Windass and put another midfielder in there. 

Even now, you could play Goss at the base, Docherty & Holt with Murphy at the top. Dorrans and McCrorie will be back over the next week or so as well. 

It was changed before McCrorie & Jack were injured. 

Our recruitment in January was all based on a 4-2-3-1 formation that plainly doesn't work against better teams. If we want it to work we'll need to sacrifice Windass and put another midfielder in there. 

Even now, you could play Goss at the base, Docherty & Holt with Murphy at the top. Dorrans and McCrorie will be back over the next week or so as well. 

Goss gives me the fear and isn’t physical enough to play at the base has to be Mccrorie or Jack, doubt we’ll see Mccrorie in midfield this season again because of how woeful our CBs are. Good news about Dorrans tho.

Problem with Windass is he’s a good counter attacking player, that’s effective when games are open and he has space to use his superior athleticism - but at Ibrox when teams sit in, he doesn’t have the football brain or ability to cut teams open that a no. 10 should have. 

And we’ve seen he’s not a centre mid, a winger, a no. 10 or a centre forward. Fuck knows where he fits in. 

Also seems to believe scoring a few goals and finishing 2nd or 3rd constitutes success. 

Off the park he’d be better turning off social media and concentrating on other things. 

Some of the nonsense on here.

I have giving him stick when its been deserved, but I'll give credit when due. He is far from the failure being made out by many on here, and was far from the worst on Saturday. He made three good runs in the first half and no one picked him out. That's not his fault. On the other hand he did run around like a headless chicken once or twice.

In short, he's getting way too much stick when you actually look at his performance over the piece. 25 goals and assists lays lie to the workrate issue - fuck was he standing on the line and letting the ball hit off of him?

Fucking baffling how folk can take issue with someone who has 17 goals and 8 assists. 3rd top scorer in the league just 1 goal behind Morelos. 

Yeah the boy can go missing but that can be for different reasons and not purely because "he's shitey". If the midfield is overrun by opposition players, then he'll not get any decent runs in. If he's getting closed down tight again he won't have space and if the team is sitting back while being attacked then he's not going to be there because it's not his duty to defend it's his duty to be there to get the ball to start a counter but again that counts on other players defending the ball and getting it out too him. Furthermore, he doesn't need to be on the ball to be doing work. He can be dragging defenders out of position for someone else to get a chance. He's more than entitled to hit back at cunts who blissfully forget about what he can do, what he's done and what he will keep doing for the club

and kingkennymiller can take a fuck to himself, 110% sure you're a fucking taig anyway.