Warburton SSN interview

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I often wonder if the interviews we did just involved talking about ideologies rather than actually understanding if the manager knew what he was talking about or was just working off of a textbook of phrases and soundbites.

It would be good to know that we actually tested knowledge and understanding of tactics.

"So Mark, you're playing at home against St Johnstone and you are losing 1-0 at half time. They have set up with a 4-5-1, sitting deep, with a pacey striker who has already scored on the break in the first half. What do you do?"

"I tell the players to keep doing what they are doing but better. Learn from your mistakes in the first half and make sure that our pitch geography is correct"

"Sorry Mark, what would you actually do?"

"Oh right, yeah sorry. I'd wait until 60 minutes then bring on like for like players to keep doing Plan A but better"

"Ok, that will be all Mark. There's the door"

Actually made me laugh out loud. ??

16 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Blatantly trying to get himself another job. If he's so desperate to work he should think about going back to the stock market because a football manager he definitely is not.

the reading job has just come up stam sacked  i bet warbs is in line for that

Getting on TV sports shows like this is a modern day equivalent of sitting a window in Amsterdam reminding clubs of what they think they are missing by not engaging his managerial services.     It's that I suppose or risk being forgotten about and overlooked when football jobs become vacant.   Maybe his wife has told him to get out of the house and find some work to pay the bills.

There are always City jobs of course (City of London and not Man City) where the pay is better and vacancies are on the increase as the brexit financiers who are remainers flock to Frankfurt to get there first before the big exodus happens.