Bt sports Golazzo documentary

Just watched it there on the BT app and it was a nice watch. I was a bit too young to watch it in its peak when Gazza was around but I certainly remember watching it on a Saturday morning and the live game on a Sunday later on.

I will always have a soft spot for Italian football because of it.

14 hours ago, JamieD said:

Saw Richardson hosting a Q&A with Roberto Baggio in Carnaby Street of all places last summer. Met both of them. Was the most ridiculous nostalgia trip. Baggio was my favourite non-Rangers player as a kid.

I'm not a selfie or ask a celebrity for a picture guy but Baggio and James Richardson would absolutely be getting pestered by me!

Remember watching the highlights show on a Saturday morning and it would list the top goal scorers. Defences were so good, you'd be 3/4 of the way through the season and people would be on the top goal scorers list with 10 goals. If players got anywhere near the high teens they were guaranteed a move to a big club. 

42 minutes ago, gsa said:

I'm not a selfie or ask a celebrity for a picture guy but Baggio and James Richardson would absolutely be getting pestered by me!

Same here. Never been remotely interested in meet and greets or anything like that, but happened to see a tweet about it a few hours before and jumped on a bus right away :lol: Got Baggio to sign my USA '94 Italy shirt.

2 hours ago, JamieD said:

Same here. Never been remotely interested in meet and greets or anything like that, but happened to see a tweet about it a few hours before and jumped on a bus right away :lol: Got Baggio to sign my USA '94 Italy shirt.

:lol:

That was nice of you.

I'm sure that's one of his fondest memories...

6 hours ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

:lol:

That was nice of you.

I'm sure that's one of his fondest memories...

He was actually an important player for Italy at France 1998. Impressive playing at 3 world cups in a row, especially after his career nosediving when he went to Milan. I think a lot of people him wanted him to go to another tournament when he was with Bolonga, not sure if it was Euro 2000 or the World Cup in Japan. 

Legend of a player who really stood out. 

13 hours ago, Inigo said:

Seems absurd that I so looked forward to Atalanta v Genoa.

There wasn't so much live football on TV then, though. It still felt special.

I can still recall being gutted that the VCR cut out halfway through a recording of Udinese v Cagliari. It was probably a stinker of a game but devastating stuff as a kid!