US Masters 2018

3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

You talking about Speith's jammy cunt bounce with his drive at 17?

Yeah. He always shanks his drives, yells for a few seconds and gets the absolute breaks of a lifetime, without fail!

In fairness he then takes full advantage of those breaks every time too!

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Yeah. He always shanks his drives, yells for a few seconds and gets the absolute breaks of a lifetime, without fail!

In fairness he then takes full advantage of those breaks every time too!

He does take advantage, I think other players must get pissed off with that pish. 

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

He is a prick n a half. He moans like fuck about shots and ends where he wants it to finish,  plus he is too slow

He could hit it in the drink ,ye could watch it sinking .......

Next minute an octopus would bring the ball up n throw it onto the green towards the hole ffs 

11 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

He does take advantage, I think other players must get pissed off with that pish. 

He gets a lot of breaks. He is a good player, but not exciting.

His putter feel can be outstanding though, then again when putting from >20', an element of luck comes into it. All a player can do is put the ball into a position where is might go in - there are too many micro variations to end up with the exact result - thats the big element of luck, from that distance the difference between a lip out and centre of the hole, is purely luck. You've judged it right in both instances.

I have seen an experiment with a machine hitting the same type of balls, with the same force, at the same angle, on a very fast green with average break, and measuring the spread of the end results - it was quite a difference, something like a 18" circle from 30'. As said all a pro can do from distance, is get the ball in that 50cm circle around the hole - and if hits it right, and he gets the luck... it might go in. Speith just goes on streaks where everything drops.

13 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

That's a great shot to be fair...........

I'm assuming you're referring to Speith's chip and run at the last to save bogey. It was a cracking shot.

The crowds have been told to cut out the usual shouts of 'Get in the hole' etc and I thought the atmosphere was a bit subdued because of it. Hope they allow the crowds to be slightly more vocal over the next few days and improve the atmosphere. Aside from that - Come on Rory! His iron play was far from his best last night but his driving was mostly spot on and he putted some brilliant par savers. If he can get his iron play going hopefully this is his year.