Dundee knock back £2million bid for Caulker

Lloyd

Different fees rumoured but they probably look at it as he could be the difference in them staying up or going down and going down could cost them more than whatever the fee is in the long term. (Norwegian transfer window was open when the bid went in so he’d have left now).

If they get an offer in the summer he’ll likely move then when they get a chance to take the money and replace him.

8 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Don’t believe this for a second but think it’s ridiculous that we never snapped up Caulker with the balloons we have at the back

He’s a recovering alcoholic with a history of depression. Putting him in the Glasgow goldfish bowl at a time when we aren’t a particularly good side would have been a huge risk, a risk which I can fully understand us not wanting to take.

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

He’s a recovering alcoholic with a history of depression. Putting him in the Glasgow goldfish bowl at a time when we aren’t a particularly good side would have been a huge risk, a risk which I can fully understand us not wanting to take.

I think he was well worth a punt,he’s miles better than any cb we currently have yes it would’ve been a punt but he was free and imagine his wage demands wouldn’t have been high either so would’ve been a low risk gamble.

18 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I think he was well worth a punt,he’s miles better than any cb we currently have yes it would’ve been a punt but he was free and imagine his wage demands wouldn’t have been high either so would’ve been a low risk gamble.

For us maybe. Not for him though and that's possibly played a part in our decision not to go for him.