• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Wes

Tav Alves McCrorie John

Candeias Dorrans Docherty Goss Murphy

Morelos

Give Goss a second chance, because he can control the tempo of games. Plus he'd be better with two around him instead of one.

Alves and Martin can't play together. It just can't happen.

If Goss is to get a second chance against them he can get at their dump in the league game.

Wes

Tav    Martin    Alves     John

McCrorie    Docherty

Candeis   Dorrans    Murphy

Morelos

Pity Bates is out as I agree with some of the above comments re. Alves / Martin pairing. Morelos deserves another shot at it for his excellent hold up play and Dorrans has to play a little bit further up the park this time. Goss to come on as a sub in the sec. half when the game gets stretched.                                   

1 minute ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Wes

Tav    Martin    Alves     John

McCrorie    Docherty

Candeis   Dorrans    Murphy

Morelos

Pity Bates is out as I agree with some of the above comments re. Alves / Martin pairing. Morelos deserves another shot at it for his excellent hold up play and Dorrans has to play a little bit further up the park this time. Goss to come on as a sub in the sec. half when the game gets stretched.                                   

That is also a very decent looking team on paper.

Don't want Goss anywhere near the team. This is a game for battlers - not bottlers.

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

We cannot start Alves. He's a complete passenger against teams who keep the ball on the deck. 

You would think with the experience and caps they have between them Martin and Alves with McCrorie in front of them would be able to shut up shop.

But it has to be said that Alves time at Rangers has been disappointing.

4 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

We cannot start Alves. He's a complete passenger against teams who keep the ball on the deck. 

I've been thinking about that myself mate. Unfortunately they have a lot of height in their team so at least with Alves at the back, we can cope a bit better with their corners and set pieces.

4 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

He's more than capable of hurting them - and they know it.

I guess your user name is a bit of a clue as to your view of KM but IMO he's been done for a long time and the balance of his output is no longer positive in games. Too many turnovers, trampoline first touches and missed chances to counter the occasional good strike such as the one against Dundee. This doesn't mean I'm advocating Cummings (or Windass) instead. I'd much rather we played Morelos one up and included another genuine midfielder, particularly against them.

Fod

Tav Martin Alves John

Holt McCrorie Dorrans

Candeias Windass Murphy

Stick Holt on Brown and just tell him to follow him, can't allow him to dictate the tempo like he does every time. Go in behind them every single time we can and turn them and put them on the back foot. Need to hope Murphy and Candeias are on their game. Think that's the only way we'll have a chance

14 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

How many games have they won against the taigs? More to the point, where did I name the rest of the team? 

How many times have Cummings and Morelos won against them? Well you're obviously not playing either of them if they're not in a front 3 becuaseyou cant play them in defence or a 3 man midfield

12 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Defeatist pish 

We haven't beaten them over 90 minutes in 6 years, sorry for thinking we have to play a certain way to get a result

I’d probably go with 

Fod 

tav.        Martin.      McCrorie.       John

Goss/docherty     Halliday 

candieas.           Miller.             Murphy 

Morelos 

13 minutes ago, livibear101 said:

I’d probably go with 

Fod 

tav.        Martin.      McCrorie.       John

Goss/docherty     Halliday 

candieas.           Miller.             Murphy