***Official Rangers v Taigs Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, TMB said:

How many times this season has a player made a bad tackle on Brown, got himself sent off, and Brown's just picked himself back up again?  Andrew Davies for Ross County, Cedric Kipre for Motherwell, Sam Cosgrove for Aberdeen, etc.  I don't think getting yourself sent off trying to hurt Scott Brown is a way to beat celtic.  I guarantee you that man marking Scott Brown for 90mins the way Zenit did would be far more effective.

That's why I also said seriously your'e right if we can shut that bastard down it would improve our chances

Not just that mutant brown if we press them high up the park and get in their faces like we did against them from the off in the last game they will crumble. But this time we will need to defend a whole lot better than we did that day. As I have no doubt we will score. 

Fod / Alnwick / Kelly

Tav      Alves.      Martin.       John

McCrorie

Candeias  Holt.  Docherty.  Murphy

Morelos

I'd go with this and hope the ref doesn't notice. ?

12 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Not just that mutant brown if we press them high up the park and get in their faces like we did against them from the off in the last game they will crumble. But this time we will need to defend a whole lot better than we did that day. As I have no doubt we will score. 

This is the big difference Zenit made in the 2nd leg against them, nothing to do with Brown being man marked.

The only benefit to him being man marked is them not being able to play out from the back as easy, which wont be an option if we're pressing high up constantly.

Press them high, shut them down, don’t let Brown play, focus more, defend better, heard it literally before every game against them and we still walk away with fuck after nearly every game. I don’t except anything different this time. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If we dont play 3 in the middle then Murty should be lynched.

I would play McCrorie, Docherty and Dorrans in the middle and it means our defence is poor but McCrorie will get stuck in and give us a presence in there but got a horrible feeling he will play the same team as Saturday. 

8 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

I would play McCrorie, Docherty and Dorrans in the middle and it means our defence is poor but McCrorie will get stuck in and give us a presence in there but got a horrible feeling he will play the same team as Saturday. 

Alves and Martin at the back have been a bomb scare for us.

I would keep McCrorie in defense for this one.

For the 3 I would go with Holt, Docherty and Dorrans

12 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Press them high, shut them down, don’t let Brown play, focus more, defend better, heard it literally before every game against them and we still walk away with fuck after nearly every game. I don’t except anything different this time. 

Nothing will change.

We don't have players who can stand up to them

No Idea why but I think we are going to win this time. Completely written off is how I like Rangers to be in games against them, their ego gets the better of them. 

Go same formation but Dorrans in the Windass position, he will have a more natural defence/attack balance. With goss/holt/docherty/haliday behind him, any combination. Change the pairing mid game if it’s not working or push the tempo.

McCrorie has to play in defence, he would only be worth while in midfield if he had a solid pairing behind him, which Alves and Martin are not. Personally I’d drope Martin for Alves just because he wins everything in the air. 

3-1 to the gers. 

2x Morelos 

1x Murphy. 

WATP 

LETS GET RIGHT INTO THEM!?⚪️?

Archived