If We're Not Looking At Glen Kamara

6 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

Both are quoted at £20,000 plus per week and cost around a combined 3 million on transfer fees some of which we are probably still paying in instalments. I agree that the others are picking up wages also, but I think its a lot easier to agree a walk away deal or a loan for the like of Forrester or Dodo probably on the region off 5 - 10K plus per week than it would be for the Pena and Herrera its reported that Cruz Azul are only paying 50% of Pena's wages so roughly £10K per week for him at the moment and double that for Herrera to sit in the stand. To allow both of them to walk away for nothing or very little would be absolute embarrassment for us when you consider we are still dependant on loans. Even more embarrassing would be to have both of them sitting in the stand bleeding us dry. Getting them off the wage bill and even recouping some money I think will be pivotal to whatever money is given to signing new players.

We tried to get rid of Dodoo, Forrester, Halliday, and MOH, last summer and nobody was interested.  The best we could do was loan deals and none of them did well.  We covered just about every penny of MOH wages while he was gone and I'd bet we paid the wages of some others too.  It wont be easy to get rid of them and they're just as much of a problem as the two you've mentioned.  Who will be in for the likes of Hodson?  We've got a numbers of deadwood players you're choosing to focus on two when in fact a clear out's needed.  There might even be a case for Cardoso, Alves, Rossiter (who's never fit), or Foderingham who can't seem to stop shots anymore.

On the subject of possible targets, are we too shite now to be looking at a Sassuolo player?

I've watched a few of their games this season, and the lad Francesco Acerbi has looked a right good, solid centre half.

Just watched the Milan game there, having watched him against Napoli and he was very good in both.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

We tried to get rid of Dodoo, FForrester, Halliday, and MOH, last summer and nobody was interested.  The best we could do was loan deals and none of them did well.  We covered just about every penny of MOH wages while he was gone and I'd bet we paid the wages of some others too.  It wont be easy to get rid of them and they're just as much of a problem as the two you've mentioned.  Who will be in for the likes of Hodson?  We've got a numbers of deadwood players you're choosing to focus on two when in fact a clear out's needed.  There might even be a case for Cardoso, Alves, Rossiter (who's never fit), or Foderingham who can't seem to stop shots anymore.

Exactly my point 're Bates unfortunately for him being out of contract. Who indeed will pay money plus wages for Alves and Cardoso to allow us to resign Bates.

Unless things dramatically improve then this new season will see us continuing to pay permanent signings:

MoH, Forrester, Dodoo Halliday, Holt, Rossiter, Herrera, hodson, Cardoso Alves. £100k or thereabouts PER WEEK and contributing fuck all.

Every single player we sign needs to Improve dramatically our current squads. Bates doesmt do that. Failure to do so isn't an option.

20 hours ago, Inigo said:

On the subject of possible targets, are we too shite now to be looking at a Sassuolo player?

I've watched a few of their games this season, and the lad Francesco Acerbi has looked a right good, solid centre half.

Just watched the Milan game there, having watched him against Napoli and he was very good in both.

Probably out of our price range.

Transfermarkt, although not always the most accurate, have him valued at €10m.

On 4/8/2018 at 11:29, RDFM said:

Tiresome. Why do we always shout from the rooftop that we must sign a player after a good game against us? Signing the defensive midfielder from the third worst team with the third worst defensive record ffs.

The Tim's just spent over £1m on a CB from the team with the third worse defensive records,  who has just been capped by Scotland as well, he must be rubbish as well...

On 4/8/2018 at 21:59, Inigo said:

I dont think there is any chance we could afford him, however Acrebi's story is amazing and its brilliant to see him playing football again!

17 minutes ago, Del said:

The Tim's just spent over £1m on a CB from the team with the third worse defensive records,  who has just been capped by Scotland as well, he must be rubbish as well...

He’s gash from what I’ve seen and even if he does come good 1.5 million is mental, if we go after this guy or players like Jordan Jones we can wave goodbye to the title for a long long time

1 hour ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

He’s gash from what I’ve seen and even if he does come good 1.5 million is mental, if we go after this guy or players like Jordan Jones we can wave goodbye to the title for a long long time

Well that's the case settled, TheGovanIniesta says hes gash so he must be! I would much rather have Jack Hendry than Fabio Cardoso who cost more!

The point wasnt about how good Jack Hendry is or isnt, but saying the lad is rubbish because he plays for Dundee is ridiculous.

22 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Seen much of Tielmans at Anderlecht recently?

I seen him last week mate!

It was on a stream so couldnt see very well but Anderlecht's new Red and White kit a belter, although for some reason the commentary was in French!!!

18 minutes ago, Del said:

Well that's the case settled, TheGovanIniesta says hes gash so he must be! I would much rather have Jack Hendry than Fabio Cardoso who cost more!

The point wasnt about how good Jack Hendry is or isnt, but saying the lad is rubbish because he plays for Dundee is ridiculous.

They cost the exact same, You’re a better centre half than Cardoso so it’s a pointless comparison, he’s rubbish because he looks like a bombscare from what I’ve seen, we would be underwhelmed as fuck with a signing like that nevermind if we were in the champions league.

It is true though, Aberdeen’s captain came to us on a free and is an absolutely woeful footballer, apart from about 2/3 if that nobody up here has the mentality or ability, especially Kamara, Jones and the like, fuck that for a laugh, I’d rather develop our own than fork out 700k for Jones and the other dross, if we had a decent team they’d be looking as average as they actually are.

2 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

They cost the exact same, You’re a better centre half than Cardoso so it’s a pointless comparison, he’s rubbish because he looks like a bombscare from what I’ve seen, we would be underwhelmed as fuck with a signing like that nevermind if we were in the champions league.

It is true though, Aberdeen’s captain came to us on a free and is an absolutely woeful footballer, apart from about 2/3 if that nobody up here has the mentality or ability, especially Kamara, Jones and the like, fuck that for a laugh, I’d rather develop our own than fork out 700k for Jones and the other dross, if we had a decent team they’d be looking as average as they actually are.

Your whole post is based is nothing but assumptions mate! 

Whether not he will be that good, he was being watched by a lot of teams and touted as a really good prospect, regardless of the team he plays for.

I dont agree that Jack is a woeful footballer either but how do you know the mentality of Kamara and Jones? The squad we have at the moment is really poor and if there are young guys that play for supposed 'lesser' teams, and they are performing week in week out, then surely they are worth looking at?

I get that one good game doesnt make a player but both players mentioned has done consistenly well in big games this season.

I tell you one thing, I am pretty sure I could name you far more duds that we have signed from foreign teams/outwith Scotland, than I could players that we have signed from other 'diddy' SPL/SPFL teams. 

35 minutes ago, Del said:

Your whole post is based is nothing but assumptions mate! 

Whether not he will be that good, he was being watched by a lot of teams and touted as a really good prospect, regardless of the team he plays for.

I dont agree that Jack is a woeful footballer either but how do you know the mentality of Kamara and Jones? The squad we have at the moment is really poor and if there are young guys that play for supposed 'lesser' teams, and they are performing week in week out, then surely they are worth looking at?

I get that one good game doesnt make a player but both players mentioned has done consistenly well in big games this season.

I tell you one thing, I am pretty sure I could name you far more duds that we have signed from foreign teams/outwith Scotland, than I could players that we have signed from other 'diddy' SPL/SPFL teams. 

How did Tielmans do for Anderlecht?

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:08, KingKennyMiller said:

Then there's something seriously wrong with our scouting department.

This boy's going all the way to the top. I think he'd be an even better option than Mulumbu - and that's saying something.

Thoughts?

Stewart Robertson welcomes Kamara to Ibrox with a smug smile opens the door and Chris Kamara walks out