Grand National Tips

pcbear

Raz De mee is solid on the form book. 2nd to native river in last year's Welsh national (native river has since won the gold cup) and then raz de mee went back to.chepstow this year and won the Welsh national.

If it stays around 25s and the ground is soft or worse then I'm on it ew

12 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Raz De mee is solid on the form book. 2nd to native river in last year's Welsh national (native river has since won the gold cup) and then raz de mee went back to.chepstow this year and won the Welsh national.

28's with PP, Its Raz De Maree

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

It's hard to argue with that form but I'm sure it's 12yr old....stats for 12yr olds aren't the best....going with the native river form brings aniable fly into the reckoning, the handicapper has already stated that on that run alone it is 7lb better off than it should be.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

It's hard to argue with that form but I'm sure it's 12yr old....stats for 12yr olds aren't the best....going with the native river form brings aniable fly into the reckoning, the handicapper has already stated that on that run alone it is 7lb better off than it should be.

Just think that it's style will suit the race. It won't be in it till around 6 out as it will be switched off out the middle to back. If it's still standing it will be staying on as others fade.

With 6 places it's basically a 5/1 winner just getting placed.

Also quite like The Dutchman but it had a shocker at haydock last time.out but then so did blaklion and it's still one of the favourites.

However both of them won very well previously to that.

I don't take it serious as a betting prospect. Around 5 or 10 quid ew on one or 2 value bets.

I leave the national for those that enjoy their one race a year bet 

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Just think that it's style will suit the race. It won't be in it till around 6 out as it will be switched off out the middle to back. If it's still standing it will be staying on as others fade.

With 6 places it's basically a 5/1 winner just getting placed.

Also quite like The Dutchman but it had a shocker at haydock last time.out but then so did blaklion and it's still one of the favourites.

However both of them won very well previously to that.

I don't take it serious as a betting prospect. Around 5 or 10 quid ew on one or 2 value bets.

I leave the national for those that enjoy their one race a year bet 

I agree....I say every year after I lose that I'm only backing one horse next year as it's a travesty of a race....then I go and back about 4??

On a serious note though the dynamics of the race have changed in the last while more times than not it is a well fancied horse that wins the race these days....yeah you will always get the odd loud price every so often but the betting is a general good indication these days.?

15 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I agree....I say every year after I lose that I'm only backing one horse next year as it's a travesty of a race....then I go and back about 4??

On a serious note though the dynamics of the race have changed in the last while more times than not it is a well fancied horse that wins the race these days....yeah you will always get the odd loud price every so often but the betting is a general good indication these days.?

Since they've made the fences easier it's lost it's anything can happen.

The soft/heavy ground this time round could.make it a bit of a lottery 

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Yip....reducing the danger element certainly helps the better horses get clearer rounds of jumping......is the going been classed as soft to heavy or is rain forecast?

At the moment its soft good to soft in places.

Unsure of the forecast. But the national course will cut up as it's to be used tomorrow and Friday 

It’s honestly just too much of a lottery to seriously bet on it. You used to be able to pick the winner from 8 horses, now about 25 can win it!

Last winner I backed was Neptune, which was 33/1. Only got that on the basis that a lass from our village was shagging someone who worked in the stables!

I have being doing a bet on the Grand National for over 40 years...never picked a winner and am probably the only man who never placed a bet on Red Rum at least once.Better still a guy who was in my class at school horse won it(Montys Pass)I bet on something else ffs..I will give you my tip tomorrow after I study the form?

59 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

I have being doing a bet on the Grand National for over 40 years...never picked a winner and am probably the only man who never placed a bet on Red Rum at least once.Better still a guy who was in my class at school horse won it(Montys Pass)I bet on something else ffs..I will give you my tip tomorrow after I study the form?

I backed montys pass...Barry Gerghaty was the jockey....that was the only reason I backed it because Gerghaty had just won the top jockey at Cheltenham the previous month?

I always bet each way and up until 11 years ago I won something every year.

11 years ago I got married on the Friday and the grand national was on the Saturday. I bet 2 horses each way one was around 80-1 and one was 33-1, they were both names associated with my wedding - they both were placed and I won over £100. That was the last ever time I ever won.

The moral of the story is if you want to stay lucky don't get married!!! :p::p: 

35 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I backed montys pass...Barry Gerghaty was the jockey....that was the only reason I backed it because Gerghaty had just won the top jockey at Cheltenham the previous month?

Yeah the whole town was on it except me ffs

58 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I always bet each way and up until 11 years ago I won something every year.

11 years ago I got married on the Friday and the grand national was on the Saturday. I bet 2 horses each way one was around 80-1 and one was 33-1, they were both names associated with my wedding - they both were placed and I won over £100. That was the last ever time I ever won.

The moral of the story is if you want to stay lucky don't get married!!! :p::p: 

Don't tell me you hitched a poor soul called McKelvey and he got Slim Pickings on his wedding night !!!