Dorin Goian lifts lid on Rangers drinking culture during his time at Ibrox

FSM

Capture.thumb.JPG.0c02f17644a49a8f968a4c9aa16446cd.JPG

Former Rangers defender Dorin Goian has revealed he was staggered by the amount of drinking his Ibrox colleagues did when he was in Scotland.

The Romanian international signed for Rangers in 2011 in a £750,000 three-year deal from Palermo by new manager at the time, Ally McCoist.

And he remained with the club in the Third Division the following season for four games after their summer implosion, before eventually signing for Spezia in Italy on loan Now taking his coaching badges in his Romanian homeland, the 37-year-old has lifted the lid on his time in Glasgow.

And he admits he couldn't believe the social activities of his team mates when he was at Rangers.

Goian said: "After games and in some evenings, I was part of a group of five or six married players and we all went out with our wives.

"We were supposed to all go out for a meal, but there was only one aim...to get very drunk.

"It's not like you start drinking a spirit and then stopped, you HAD to get drunk!

"I sat at the table drinking shot after shot, then a bottle of white wine.

"The next thing was one of the players ordering 50 shots of whisky for the group.

"I was okay with it but Nadia, my wife, is the kind of girl who gets drunk if she drinks two glasses of wine!

"All the rest of the wives were keeping up drink for drink with the players too.

"I could never remember the end of the night. We all turned to dust!"

But Goian acknowledged he couldn't believe the powers of recovery of his team-mates.

He explained: "The next day in training, these same players who were on the night out were giving it 200 per cent in training.

"I didn't think it was possible to train as well as that after a night of madness. I am someone who cannot train with a hangover, it's very painful.

Just now, TMB said:

Getting drunk on nights out, playing professional football, and getting paid tens of thousands every month.  It must've been hell for him.

To be fair I don’t think he’s complaining about it, just acknowledging it shocked him. It was the same for ‘40 fags a day’ Albertz...

Fucking love the fact the players could do 200% the next morning in training. YASSSSSSS

He's probably holding back on giving the full details. Coke parties, snorting lines from Ally's arse etcetera

I don’t believe footballers/athletes these days can bevy as much as story’s like this would have you believe, I’d hate to think it’s true but my guess is it’s bullshit

although they are allowed a blow out on their days off if they want, they are human not robots