Imagine we had been lumbered with McInnes

3 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Can you see Milne sacking him after making such a fuss after he knocked us back? DM was the bet thing since sliced bread after that.

They wont sack him unless they get delusional.

Regarsless of people saying he's doing shit the sheep were relegation candidates for years when he took over and he has them round about where they should be.

He wont take them any further but the next guy wont either and if they expect someone to do any better then they have ideas above their station.

I wouldn't be surprised if he walks away in the summer because he's not going to do any better and will want out before it turns to shite but it'll be on his decision rather than theirs.

I thought when the board hired Pedro that was the time to go for McInnes on a 2 year deal. He would have plugged the gap to celtic over that time up until the end of next season (18/19) and then we could have brought in a better manager to take us to the next step with an established squad and with two seasons to stop them getting 10 if that's what was needed.

Not everyone wanted him because they necesarily thought he'd stop 10 immediately but he would progress us closer to where we wanted to be because it is very difficult to find a quick fix. That also doesn't mean any of us are happy with second place. For me he was a better option than Pedro and despite their head to head results a better option than Murty was overall.

However, for me, you only knock back Rangers once and for an aberdeen manager to do that shows a complete lack of ambition and not someone we should associate ourselves with in the future.

On Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 14:30, Tak3rNo1 said:

That means we don't need to pay compensation, board are playing the long game ...

I'm worried that you may be correct in that assumption, in which case...

Where did I leave that 5 gross of paracetamol and my rum?