Rumours at this stage

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

hate to say it but the scum have a manager who gets his teams passing and playing good football and feel de boer would do that for us.

celtic have a far superior squad and have been developing that 4-3-3 playstyle for two years now.  Even if De Boer was brought in we can't afford to give him the player assets or time needed to play the fancy passing football and beat them.  They're to far in front in that respect.

We're better off going with a counter attacking style using big physical players that can bully teams and make the most of set-pieces.

Just now, TMB said:

celtic have a far superior squad.  Even if De Boer was brought in we can't afford the player assets needed to play the fancy passing football and beat them.  They're to far in front.

I thought we were the better team in the previous two old firm games, just wtf happened yesterday I have no clue, that was a shocker beyond words.

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I would like to see J.Johanssen and K.Thomson given the task of seeing the team through the last 5 games. Even if its just a bit of extra experience for 2 guys who seem to be rated highly as coaches.

good shout

On 27 April 2014, De Boer won his fourth successive Eredivisie title with Ajax, the first manager ever to achieve this in the Dutch league. Moreover, it marked the first time Ajax has ever won four successive Eredivisie titles. 

On 11 May 2016, De Boer announced his resignation as manager of Ajax following a disappointing season when Ajax again lost out on the Eredivisie title to PSV on the final matchday of the season.

Money spent as Ajax Manager (6 years) : £55 million. 

Transfer fees received as Ajax Manager : £135 million 

The fact that lost out on the title may be reflected by the £80 million generated in transfer profits. 

I would still consider Clarke, and I genuinely believe it is close between  them. 

14 minutes ago, TMB said:

celtic have a far superior squad and have been developing that 4-3-3 playstyle for two years now.  Even if De Boer was brought in we can't afford to give him the player assets or time needed to play the fancy passing football and beat them.  They're to far in front in that respect.

We're better off going with a counter attacking style using big physical players that can bully teams and make the most of set-pieces.

Agree this is the approach we need to take. Once we have a team that can impose itself and bully other teams off the park. We can then look to add flair.

I hate saying it but this is how O'Neill got the better of advocaat when we had the superior team that could play great football. We need to try and do the same now we're on the backfoot. 

9 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

On 27 April 2014, De Boer won his fourth successive Eredivisie title with Ajax, the first manager ever to achieve this in the Dutch league. Moreover, it marked the first time Ajax has ever won four successive Eredivisie titles. 

On 11 May 2016, De Boer announced his resignation as manager of Ajax following a disappointing season when Ajax again lost out on the Eredivisie title to PSV on the final matchday of the season.

Money spent as Ajax Manager (6 years) : £55 million. 

Transfer fees received as Ajax Manager : £135 million 

The fact that lost out on the title may be reflected by the £80 million generated in transfer profits. 

I would still consider Clarke, and I genuinely believe it is close between  them. 

I kinda thought your last bit about Clarke was at odds with the rest of your post. Which btw was good info to know 

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

£5.3m net spend

Aye a net spend. We still spent a fair whack. I don't get all this net spend shit. If we spent 10 million and brought in 9 you've still spent 10 million :lol:

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Wages, transfers, pay offs. Might not be far off tbf

although no one really knows players wages, it’s a bit of guess work 

Aye fair enough if we're saying the Ajax spend is on a similar basis. We never spent 10m on transfers last season.

Archived