Miller and Wallace Suspended

Bronzy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LAST STRAW 

Rangers set to sack Kenny Miller and suspend Lee Wallace after Hampden bust-up with Graeme Murty following 4-0 loss to celtic

SunSport can reveal that Miller's Ibrox career is OVER following a major changing-room rammy while skipper Wallace also seems certain to have played his last game for the club

Rangers will today sack Kenny Miller and suspend skipper Lee Wallace after a furious Hampden bust-up with gaffer Graeme Murty on Sunday.

SunSport can reveal that Miller’s Ibrox career is OVER following a major changing-room rammy with the Gers boss after the 4-0 Old Firm defeat.

Kenny Miller will be sacked by Rangers today

The 38-year-old former Scotland striker’s contract runs out at the end of the season but he’ll have his deal paid up in full and then be immediately shown the door.

Captain Wallace, 30, also seems certain to have played his last game for the club.

The experienced left-back has been out of the side with an injury since September and wasn’t stripped for the Scottish Cup semi-final clash.

But he joined his team-mates after the final whistle and stands accused of showing Murty a lack of respect with an angry outburst.

Gers skipper Wallace will be suspended by the club

Wallace still has another year remaining on his contract — and club chiefs are planning to suspend him pending an internal investigation into what happened.

A high-ranking Gers source told SunSport: “The Ibrox hierarchy are raging with the behaviour of the club’s most senior player and club captain after Sunday’s defeat.

“The powers-that-be believe the manager has been undermined and have decided to take action.

“They don’t think what happened in the dressing room is acceptable.”

Suited Wallace is believed to have vented his anger towards Murty for the team’s poor performance against Celts.

Then Miller — an unused sub in the game — had his say. The Gers boss refused to accept their criticism.

In his after-match press conference the under-pressure boss admitted: “There was emotion, anger, disappointment — all the things you’d expect after a game like that.”

Now though it’s emerged Murty has held talks with Gers directors and decided he wants Miller and Wallace OUT of his squad.

Both have been model professionals throughout their careers but the club feel they must back their manager.

It’s the first sign of a new hardline approach since chairman Dave King appointed Douglas Park as his right-hand man.

But crucially it’s Murty who is believed to have demanded action be taken against the outspoken duo.

The Gers source added: “This is a strong message the manager is sending out. He feels these players have questioned his authority previously and has taken the view that there can be no dissent or negativity within the club’s own ranks.

“There is a job that still needs to be done with five games remaining of the season and the manager feels he needs to send out a message that he’s the man in charge — and no one else.

“The players need to back him but more importantly repay the faith of the supporters.”

Just now, The Godfather said:

Why should we listen to him? He will be gone in days hopefully 

I would sack the lot of them 

I'm strangely optimistic hearing about this and the banner outside auchenhowie :lol:

Hoping it's the shit hitting the fan moment that makes the board realise they need to get a fucking grip 

There's no-one comes out of this well not the club, Murty or Miller/Wallace. A fucking mess from top to bottom. Wrongs all round, I'm not even going to attempt to pick a side. Part of me reading that was thinking Miller and Wallace were cancerous bastards, but then another part of me thought at least they fuck care then I just thought to fuck with the lot of them!

Halliday's brother in law was full of shite about Miller taking the reigns, then :lol: 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Why should we listen to him? He will be gone in days hopefully 

I would sack the lot of them 

My concern is that if the board are backing Murty against Miller and Wallace they might be looking at him continuing as manager beyond this season. 

Archived