Miller and Wallace Suspended

7 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Not in a public forum they dont.   Souness wouldn’t stand for it, no manager would stand for it.  

A public forum? It was in a dressing room, and it's not as if it was uncalled for. The players just let celtic run by them, through them and therefore beat them.

9 minutes ago, gsa said:

He probably could have had a championship career but he was on good money with us and he like it here. He's also previously said he didn't want to leave Scotland. Yes, he played a part and yes, he had decency that Naismith, McGregor, etc didn't but there was plenty in it for him. 

It wasn't an act of charity. Playing for Rangers will have made him a millionaire or at least close to it.

Depends on your point really, doesn't it. Will always love the guy tbh.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The Sun knew about this around 11pm last night, so Wallace would have known before then and before they got wind of it. If he was at physio this morning he should have had a suit and tie or even trousers, shoes and a shirt to change into for getting to Ibrox in.

It's about how it looks. How's he meant to defend himself and put himself across as serious when he rolls up like a ned having made zero effort. There's no way he only found out about this meeting at 10 oclock this morning halfway through a sesssion of physio 

Fair enough.  I'd like to hear if there's anything worth even answering to before i judge how he's dressed.  I know if i was being hauled up for fuck all and knew i was being a scapegoat i'd be of the opinion that there was no point making an effort, i'm getting fucked anyway.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The Sun knew about this around 11pm last night, so Wallace would have known before then and before they got wind of it. If he was at physio this morning he should have had a suit and tie or even trousers, shoes and a shirt to change into for getting to Ibrox in.

It's about how it looks. How's he meant to defend himself and put himself across as serious when he rolls up like a ned having made zero effort. There's no way he only found out about this meeting at 10 oclock this morning halfway through a sesssion of physio 

Fucking least of our worries how the fuck he turns upto a disciplinary for being made a scapegoat,fuck me man.

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

I would expect that also but I would hope a couple of experienced campaigners could channel their emotions and opinions better than they did.  Why did they not take Murty aside and tell him forcibly in private their opinions instead of grandstanding in front of the rest of the players.  

A lot has been speculated about how  Miller and Wallace conducted themselves but what about Murty?he's being portrayed as the innocent party in all this without one single fact being known.

Just now, delparlane said:

Point is how many men got needlessly slaughtered in the Great War because of witless leaders that tried the same tactics time and again when they’d been proven countless times to be a fiasco. I do often have issues with Miller’s personality, but one thing I don’t doubt is that he and Wallace are both fully committed to the cause. I don’t blame them at all if they fired salvos after that debacle, because it bloody well needed saying.

I hear why you're saying mate. The Great War was a pointless bloodbath, on all sides. 

But that being said, if Tommy's were allowed to tell their commanding officers they didn't fancy it because charging machine guns was silly, we'd likely be speaking German just now. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Players are employees in a place of work and are bound by Employment law and the Health and Safety at Work Act. They CANNOT vent anger. They can express dispeasure, disagreement but they cannot show anger in doing so. Disciplinary if they do.  Venting anger can and does cause fear and is intimidating, both of which are not allowed in the workplace. It falls under bullying and stress at work. You can and will get hammered for it and rightly so. Even just raising your voice in disagreement can get you into bother.

Hahahaahahahaahahahahahaha. Cause fear and is intimidating :lol: A hope they were that scared the don't come back

We all know that Murty is never a manager, but would the 2 players not have been better having a go at the players who played. Fact is Murty never told the players not to try, and stand off the scum players, and let them stroll around the park. All our players were cowards and have let down all our fans. Also being older that some of our fans, i have seen plenty bad players, but at least they tried, and never shat it from Scum teams.

2 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Point is how many men got needlessly slaughtered in the Great War because of witless leaders that tried the same tactics time and again when they’d been proven countless times to be a fiasco. I do often have issues with Miller’s personality, but one thing I don’t doubt is that he and Wallace are both fully committed to the cause. I don’t blame them at all if they fired salvos after that debacle, because it bloody well needed saying.

That's just fucking wow!

Now you try going into your boss all guns blazing, calling him what for and leaving him without parentage.

Think you'd deserve to be fired?

:mutley:

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If everything is about doing the cheap option as we're so often told then yeah, they will care. They can't be the ulltimate in unwilling to spend money and also happy to potentially burn seven figures

Miller's contract is up in weeks and do you think Wallace would sit around for another year stagnating when he's match-fit again, collecting 15k a week when he's young enough and wants to get into football management too? he'd be off IMO. It wouldn't run into a million pound plus bill - not a chance.

Regardless and irrespective of all that, the point I was making is that any single person with any of their comments on this could be right, or wrong. No-one really knows what went down. Miller and Wallace could have been well within their rights as senior figures to speak up, or they could have went to town and really over-stepped the mark with Murty.

My gut feeling is that this board have zero class and make the rules to suit themselves. It would not surprise me one bit if they have an alterior motive behind this and are too ignorant or, don't care or simply under-estimate any potential consequences. 

8 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

That's because Souness would have been ripping into everyone himself, unlike that spineless cunt who said he wasn't going to say anything incase it lead to confrontation

With three players already physically fighting each other in the tunnel and in the dressing room, that was probably the correct decision.

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

A lot has been speculated about how  Miller and Wallace conducted themselves but what about Murty?he's being portrayed as the innocent party in all this without one single fact being known.

Total guess by me, but I’m picturing Murty standing in the dressing room post-match with his hands in his pockets, saying “Let’s leave it for today lads, we don’t want any conflict”. At which point Miller and Wallace go fucking tonto and probably have to be restrained by other players.

In that scenario, I guess from an employment law point of view, Murty would be the “victim“ , but only because he fucking deserved to be.

29 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Sorry, I have a great deal of issue with what Miller and Wallace did.  Neither were playing so they shouldn’t have been too caught up in the emotion of the game.  Although it’s not really their job to do so, if they wanted to tell the manager a few of their home-spun truths, they should have shown a bit of class and done it in private, not in front of the full team to undermine the manager.  

I wasn't playing and I'm still caught up in the emotion of the game! I'm as angry now as I was watching that inept display on Sunday.

Na fuck it I’m with Wallace as well. There’s no chance he is trying to undermine the manager, instead it’s more than likely he went into the dressing room and tore strips off the fucking lot of them after that pish. 

We’re heading into an era of mediocrity and this is part of the reason. Suspending players because they demand everything you have is left on the park is so wrong

1 minute ago, minstral said:

We all know that Murty is never a manager, but would the 2 players not have been better having a go at the players who played. Fact is Murty never told the players not to try, and stand off the scum players, and let them stroll around the park. All our players were cowards and have let down all our fans. Also being older that some of our fans, i have seen plenty bad players, but at least they tried, and never shat it from Scum teams.

Exactly, but they are too cowardly for that and ffs, don't be trying to talk sense with the usual intelkectually challenged in here.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Players are employees in a place of work and are bound by Employment law and the Health and Safety at Work Act. They CANNOT vent anger. They can express dispeasure, disagreement but they cannot show anger in doing so. Disciplinary if they do.  Venting anger can and does cause fear and is intimidating, both of which are not allowed in the workplace. It falls under bullying and stress at work. You can and will get hammered for it and rightly so. Even just raising your voice in disagreement can get you into bother.

:rofl:Fucking hell. So the manager being an employee too, that’ll also apply to him? So you think Smith and Ferguson should have been sacked early on in their careers?

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That's just fucking wow!

Now you try going into your boss all guns blazing, calling him what for and leaving him without parentage.

Think you'd deserve to be fired?

:mutley:

If my boss was a fucking idiot, I’d be happy to say it and delighted to go. Probably the main reason I’m self-employed, m8. ;-)

7 minutes ago, donmeister1972 said:

Fucking least of our worries how the fuck he turns upto a disciplinary for being made a scapegoat,fuck me man.

It shows me he's not taking it seriously and above all else he's not helping himself going like that. 

It's certainly not a worry of mine, but it's defo worth pointing out. If he's being made a scapegoat, which he might be, he still needs to keep himself right and take it seriously or he's no chance. If you can't see that then your a little wrong in the head yourself. 

As much as the criticism on murty is fully justified and he needs to be gone ASAP I can’t help but think the players are trying to scapegoat him to deflect from their own performances. Not one of those players showed any passion, fight or even effort Sunday, they didn’t want to be there from the first whistle and the problems were much bigger that just Murtys woeful tactics. The players who took to the pitch Sunday were just as much of a disgrace as murty and the board and deserve just as much criticism imo. I don’t blame Miller and Wallace for anything they said to murty, but I bloody hope they said the exact same to the players who embarrassed us as well.

8 minutes ago, thewasp said:

Fair enough.  I'd like to hear if there's anything worth even answering to before i judge how he's dressed.  I know if i was being hauled up for fuck all and knew i was being a scapegoat i'd be of the opinion that there was no point making an effort, i'm getting fucked anyway.

Aye I don't disagree with that, but I don't think he's helping himself, as club captain going dressed like that. You should be above it and represent a certain standard at our club. I just don't like seeing our captain appearing to not take an issue that could threaten is Rangers career seriously. It looks like he doesn't care. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye I don't disagree with that, but I don't think he's helping himself, as club captain going dressed like that. You should be above it and represent a certain standard at our club. I just don't like seeing our captain appearing to not take an issue that could threaten is Rangers career seriously. It looks like he doesn't care. 

Maybe he knows he's fucked it.  Hopefully we'll find out sooner rather than later.

Archived