Miller and Wallace Suspended

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Youth coach all over it mate, ?? I even get a row from my sons coaches for shouting at him to get the defence out or to get his finger out and actually tackle someone. 

are you one of these parents that cause trouble on the touchline  haha

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Aye something like that

Was a game earlier this season, think it was Easter Road where he said Danny Wilson was the one firing into them trying to get more out of them.

That just kicks home the lack of leadership that we have on the park and even in the dugout too.

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

But that stuff goes on in dressing rooms every day. On which basis they’d have a case of being victimised.

Aside from that, if a Rangers manager has used employment law to say he feels threatened and get his own players sacked, then we’re in even more trouble then I thought.

But he’s not a manager he’s a youth coach, totally different worlds. 

If it’s been a one sided shouting match and Murty has went running to the board then he should’ve been sent packing, but again if it’s true the 2 of them had to be held back then they are gone. 

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Probably is, but you get him to come into training alone or with the youths. 

Yeah you could probably even get away with providing gym facilities away from Auchenhowie if you really wanted. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Because when it's a manager you have a valid, legitimate reason to take such a course of action - namely results. To do it with a manager who is top of the league and winning cups would be a totally different story and is why they almost always get pay-offs when they do leave clubs. I would guarantee that in 99% of payoffs to managers, one of the clauses will stipulate that neither party can raise further legal action.

If you have a 'manufactured storm' and suspend an employee pending a formal disciplinary investigation over something that didn't actually happen or is massively blown out of proportion and used to divert away from something else then you don't really have a legitimate reason to put someone on garden leave or take any kind of formal disciplinary action.

The club will have an obligation of some sort towards the player. Contracts almost always have some sort of obligation from the employer to the employee - whether it is work location, provision of equipment etc, and a reasonable one to assume that would exist would be access to their place of employment. They don't have at the minute and are subject to a formal disciplinary process.

O'Halloran couldn't claim constructive dismissal. He no-showed a game and disciplinary action was taken which (afaik) included a brief suspension from while an investigation was done

I know the reasons why you can put a manager on gardening leave, I said myself it's a stupid comparison a manager and a player both on it in response to TMB on the other page.

You aren't suspending him for something that never happened, I think we can all agree something did happen but my point is the board are the types who will have no issue making it look/seem like they are justified though - that's my point.

I'd love nothing more than if it's a storm in a teacup and a deflection tactic that Wallace does sue for constructive dismissal if he has a case for it and they all have their day in court and get shown up for the scum that they are. I don't care about the circus, I've learned to live with it all these years even if I'll never accept poor results on the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

The fact we've had about 8 captains this season says it all.

and strange choices too - Holt for example, captains the side something like 3 games in a row then is dropped. 

I'm not against Holt being dropped as he's pish but the point is your captain is meant to be the first team on your teamsheet. 

It all reverts back to lack of leadership, as it proves Murty does not take the captain's role seriously if he can give it various different people, including squad players who are in and out of the team.

Tav is another joke as captain too. 

4 minutes ago, Siwel said:

What do you mean

There is not one clear cut report of alleged incident(s) indeed they all differ, there must be cause for action against employees, is there.

Considering there is clear cut evidence of AH abusing the dugout without comment, something is not quite as it seems here,reeks of deflection which may well badly misfire.

Just now, K.A.I said:

and strange choices too - Holt for example, captains the side something like 3 games in a row then is dropped. 

I'm against Holt being dropped as he's pish but the point is your captain is meant to be the first team on your teamsheet. 

It all reverts back to lack of leadership, as it proves Murty does not take the captain's role seriously if he can give it various different people, including squad players who are in and out of the team.

Another youth coach trait, from what I have observed Captain is just a thing. Sons team usually give it to the motm from the week before. 

Holt being captain then isn't even in the squad a few weeks later.

Murty thinking Goss is the next Michael Carrick then not even in the squad. 

Murty calling MOH back in January then only appearing in the squad for the first time last week. 

Something not quite right. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Another youth coach trait, from what I have observed Captain is just a thing. Sons team usually give it to the motm from the week before. 

I've heard of youth teams giving it to the worst player for a wee confidence boost and things like that - and we wonder why we have the passion and the will to win ripped right out the heart of our club? if it's not wanking over sub-standard players like Jack, Tav, Docherty or having tarriers employed in wee positions here and there it's people who don't take accountability, leadership and success seriously.

17 minutes ago, gsa said:

Yes. Caring about himself. The fact he's happy for those around to send tweets on his behalf sums him up. 

Thank God we've now seen the back of him. Disease of a guy.

Doubt it was Miller that had the STV cameras there to record him & Wallace leaving Ibrox today after their meeting.  :pipe:

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not against Holt being dropped as he's pish but the point is your captain is meant to be the first team on your teamsheet. 

It's like an amateur team and the armband just getting passed around to whoever is popular that week.

David Edgar has said that one of the reasons Wallace and Miller were going after Murty after the match was because of what happened with Halliday. Also that Murty has already spoke to the board before the match complaining that he thought Kenny Miller was undermining him. 

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

David Edgar has said that one of the reasons Wallace and Miller were going after Murty after the match was because of what happened with Halliday. Also that Murty has already spoke to the board before the match complaining that he thought Kenny Miller was undermining him. 

And quite right.

1 minute ago, LochendBilly said:

All my sympathies are with Murty now  :lol:

30714066_2069780656634157_5964711622951587538_n.jpg

Heard this also.

Archived