Follow Rangers Shareholders Limited

Virtuoso

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I really hope this is VB, they are the only ones I trust to hold the board to account. I've read the mission statement and constitution and the company only want the proxy rights, the shares still belong to the independent shareholders 

There have been communications with VB who endorse it. It is not a VB driven vehicle. It has been introduced on here by a VB member.

That's all I'm suggesting folk should bear in mind when potentially automatically rejecting it or considering investing in it.

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

£30 joining fee, to be paid at time of submitting an application but you’ve then got to be vetted by an application panel? Also says you need to be approved by two existing members! Might struggle to get this off the ground!!

Last thing we need tbh! Another group who will do fuck all! 

That refers to those who join the committee , not those just signing up.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

There have been communications with VB who endorse it. It is not a VB driven vehicle. It has been introduced on here by a VB member.

That's all I'm suggesting folk should bear in mind when potentially automatically rejecting it or considering investing in it.

Don't care who is endorsing it or who is behind it.

Once bitten, twice shy.  Got bitten twice; RFFF and RF so a big fat 'no chance" from me.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Would that get you going if they Did?

It would give me hope as VB do background research and if they say it's okay then we know it's okay.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Thanks for the info. so far it's sounding good.

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

The last thing we need is another poorly defined group draining more money out of the fans. 

Guys another money grabbing wanker , and maximises any publicity from whats happened over the weekend , shameful...........

9 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

Don't care who is endorsing it or who is behind it.

Once bitten, twice shy.  Got bitten twice; RFFF and RF so a big fat 'no chance" from me.

Fair enough mate though it's about a consolidation and proxy of people retaining their own shares.

"While a condition of membership is that the proxy for any existing shares is signed to Follow Rangers Shareholders Limited, ownership of the existing shares will remain with the members. When new shares are purchased, they will be held by the Company and a database will be maintained reflecting the individual member’s contribution. Along with existing shares, voting rights for these shares will be given to Follow Rangers Shareholders Limited".

14 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It would give me hope as VB do background research and if they say it's okay then we know it's okay.

Thanks for the info. so far it's sounding good.

If you need a supporters group or a blogger to tell you it will be ok then I don't believe the internet is for you

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Fair enough mate though it's about a consolidation and proxy of people retaining their own shares.

"While a condition of membership is that the proxy for any existing shares is signed to Follow Rangers Shareholders Limited, ownership of the existing shares will remain with the members. When new shares are purchased, they will be held by the Company and a database will be maintained reflecting the individual member’s contribution. Along with existing shares, voting rights for these shares will be given to Follow Rangers Shareholders Limited".

Does that mean you'd be giving away your voting rights? 

And if the group decided to vote for x and you wanted y you'd be fucked?

This is now becoming extremely tedious and another reason why the support will not move forward as one. 

Fans obviously have different opinions on individual games, players etc but they all, almost always agree on the direction and leadership of the club. 

We’re so disjointed as a fanbase the absolute last thing needed is yet another fan group

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's what the fans leaders did and many followed, I just happen to trust VB more than them

Good for you then you're as daft as them if you need someone to tell you it will be good/bad

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Does that mean you'd be giving away your voting rights? 

And if the group decided to vote for x and you wanted y you'd be fucked?

Yes mate. It's about strength of a united voice and proxied share holding. I'd imagine in most scenarios if you voted against the tide as an individual you'd have the same outcome as if you'd voted against the tide within this proxied shareholding. But the benefits of supporting an action can be far more impactive if your vote is within a proxied shareholding (ie calling an egm) than if you have only your own shares and don't even get to vote on that matter.

That's as I see it and I ain't no expert.

I'm interested for the first time though tbh.

19 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Been fucked over too many times by my so called own, they will need to show action before I even think about getting involved. 

Club needs to return to private ownership, directors/investors may be more inclined to look after things in a more robust business like fashion. Keep fans away from the boardroom they are nothing but trouble, fans want shares buy a souvenir one.