Hummel

jjbscotty12

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wouldn’t have been seen dead in NB mate, they have had a complete U turn when it comes to being in trend

and another

You can say you wouldn't have been seen in it all you want, that's a personal preference but no-one can tell me it's a crap make and on a par with Hi-Tec ... there's loads of makes I wouldn't be seen dead in because I don't like but I wouldn't say they are crap makes or anything.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

and it get's even more ridiculous because even the couple of guys who said it was a shite make years ago, admit it's a good make now and you are trying to say it's a shite make now you wouldn't be seen dead in :lol: this place is mental ... 

“Wouldn’t have been seen dead in” past tense 

“I wouldn’t be seen dead in” present tense. 

?? mental right enough

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

“Wouldn’t have been seen dead in” past tense 

“I wouldn’t be seen dead in” present tense. 

?? mental right enough

I know, I mis-read but I edited.

I hate to see what you consider a good brand to be honest you probably cut about in Superdry

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Reeboks another example of the original trainer that’s fell out of fashion

Yeah but you can't argue that Reebok aren't a good make/decent quality ... just because it's not in fashion at that point doesn't make it a shit make and on a par with HiTec for example that's my point.

Of course New Balance wasn't popular as it is now, in the 90's but that doesn't mean it's a shit make - far from it

Just now, K.A.I said:

Yeah but you can't argue that they are a good make/decent quality ... just because it's not in fashion at that point doesn't make it a shit make and on a par with HiTec for example that's my point.

Of course New Balance wasn't popular as it is now, in the 90's but that doesn't mean it's a shit make - far from it

Agreed mate, it’s got nothing to do with are they any good it’s simply what’s in fashion these days. 

NB were always a well made brand but you would’ve been laughed at all day for wearing them. 

Agreed mate, it’s got nothing to do with are they any good it’s simply what’s in fashion these days. 

NB were always a well made brand but you would’ve been laughed at all day for wearing them. 

I don't agree with the laughed at part, but if someone laughs at someone for wearing a well made brand - then surely that says more about them than the person wearing it? 

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's not my corner. I'm not the New Balance CEO I just think you're talking pish. 

I don't think we'd even be having this debate if they weren't the taigs kit-make. 

Nothing to do with that at all.

I know you're the big chief on here but the majority agree it was shite back in the day I dunno why you can't admit you're wrong.

We're not all making it up. No one ever wanted New Balance trainers or gear .

Just now, K.A.I said:

I don't agree with the laughed at part, but if someone laughs at someone for wearing a well made brand - then surely that says more about them than the person wearing it? 

Did you grow up in some sort of unjudgemental utopia. 

NB back in the day would’ve got you a fair amount of slagging. ??

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Nothing to do with that at all.

I know you're the big chief on here but the majority agree it was shite back in the day I dunno why you can't admit you're wrong.

We're not all making it up. No one ever wanted New Balance trainers or gear .

Because I'm not wrong, you 3 are wrong. Not only wrong, but talking utter dog shit. You's are 3 decent posters, but you's are simply talking absolute pish - and anyone else that wants to butt in and try and say it too.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Did you grow up in some sort of unjudgemental utopia. 

NB back in the day would’ve got you a fair amount of slagging. ??

No, I was a judgemental bastard. Anyone wearing HiTec at my school would have got ripped to bits but never New Balance. In primary school it was popular actually. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

No, I was a judgemental bastard. Anyone wearing HiTec at my school would have got ripped to bits but never New Balance. In primary school it was popular actually. 

Hi Tec

Gola

Mitre

NB

Slagging is a coming and that’s only the ones I remember. 

Hi Tec

Gola

Mitre

NB

Slagging is a coming and that’s only the ones I remember. 

New Balance in amongst that lot :lol: jesus ... thanks for making that post tho. It's an eye-opener.

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

I worked in private equity M&A with a focus in the retail sector for 12 years. Hummel is a budget sportswear brand.

adidas is not principally distributed through sports direct and has a global presence and is marketed / distributed through multiple channels in order to access as broad a demographic as possible. Adidas has a distribution network which covers premium, mid range, and budget retailers - its model allows for it to do so in order to maximise the brand potential globally.. hummel has a t/o of ca 100m per annum if I am not mistaken and is finds itself distributed PRINCIPALLY through sports direct, therein lies the difference. Your reference of adi being cheap on the basis of one distribution channel flowing through sports direct is plainly stupid.

Hummel gear costs less and operates in a market that does not include premium sportswear brands. you will not find Hummel gear alongside saucony or new balance, nike or adidas, in the likes of Size? nor will you find a hummel concession in Harvey nicks.

You can reference the Scandinavian market all you want, talking about how it is the best sportswear brand in Scandinavia is utter bollocks as well... it is pretty much the ONLY sportswear brand in Scandinavia. If you want to talk about outdoorwear, then there are plenty of premium brands across the Nordics - Norrøna, Fjällräven, Haglöfs, WeSC, polar skate, Sandqvist - even fucking Helly Hansen (concession that helly Hansen is largely shite though). None of them make football taps.

it is a fact that Hummel is a cheap make targeting lower budget markets in the UK, exemplified through its arrangement with sports direct.

we can take this offline into PM if you would like to discuss further and spare the rest of the forum from having to read shite posts like this one.

You are incredibly agressive in this... I never said any of the sort! I just said that they make a good quality product. I own some of their products, along with Adidas, Nike, Puma etc... The quality is good compared to those. You are talking about a completely different thing.

Archived