Hummel

jjbscotty12

Just now, dougie76 said:

Aye, that may be true but l know NB's in the late 80s early 90's were the poor cunts choice :lol:

and quality-wise did you think they were on a par with Gola and Hitec and do you think you could walk through a poor scheme wearing them and get laughed at?

Just confirm this for me to give me the everlasting highground. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

Hi-tec actually make decent walking boots etc. That's the thing with trends. The companies are around prior to the trend starting in their focused market and will continue to be around in their focused market after the trend goes away. 

Asics and NB quite the same. 

When I worked as a lifeguard I ended up getting a pair of Hi-Tec Silver shadow trainers for poolside. Genuinely the most comfortable pair of trainers I've ever owned. Looked fucking terrible but comfy as fuck.

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I use Asics as my running trainers, they are superior quality to a lot of bigger brands like Nike for jogging trainers  ... some brands have a niche and are better at some things than other brands are .. for example Umbro used to make good football kits, but other things like trainers, t-shirts and that seemed hidious and low budget

My running trainers are Asics. Best about for gym work. 

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why? he's been liking my comments on New Balance, he's talking about older crackpots like you and Dougie who have little idea what your on about when comes to brand quality - apart from your comment to Goostav there, JD Sports is a ned wardrobe shop

Haha you are right about new balance as far as I know ... I’m 24 not sure about yourself but it’s 100% not on the level of Gola and the likes in my lifetime 

In no way are New balance a snide brand like gola or hi tec, thats just shite. they seem to have gone a bit cheap and nasty now right enough but I remember them as perfectly respectable. Asics make quality running shoes my mrs wears them to the gym and they're £130 plus

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why? he's been liking my comments on New Balance, he's talking about older crackpots like you and Dougie who have little idea what your on about when comes to brand quality - apart from your comment to Goostav there, JD Sports is a ned wardrobe shop

Never once said NB was shit gear, it was just gear you would never be seen dead in. 

3 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

In no way are New balance a snide brand like gola or hi tec, thats just shite. they seem to have gone a bit cheap and nasty now right enough but I remember them as perfectly respectable. Asics make quality running shoes my mrs wears them to the gym and they're £130 plus

Aye they have the Netball Market all tied up as well, my daughters cost a fortune. 

7 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Haha you are right about new balance as far as I know ... I’m 24 not sure about yourself but it’s 100% not on the level of Gola and the likes in my lifetime 

Us old cunts are talking about the late 80s and early 90s when they were at the bottom end of the market.

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The story about Mike Ashley owning a significant % of Puma being the reason why Puma and SD seem to be quite heavily linked and being the reason we have a deal with Puma. If he owns anything it's less than 0.5%  and the UK Puma subsidiary is wholly-owned by the German group parent.

So he did have shares. ??

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So he did have shares. ??

No, there's nothing anywhere that backs up the claim that he has shares and none of his companies list an interest in Puma. He's certainly not a shareholder of any influence if he does have any squirrelled away though

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

When I worked as a lifeguard I ended up getting a pair of Hi-Tec Silver shadow trainers for poolside. Genuinely the most comfortable pair of trainers I've ever owned. Looked fucking terrible but comfy as fuck.

They are what they give you when you're doing PT in the army and it's because they're comfortable and durable due to being decent quality. 

Archived