Hummel

jjbscotty12

Just now, gsa said:

They are what they give you when you're doing PT in the army and it's because they're comfortable and durable due to being decent quality. 

That probably explains it. One of the older boys I worked with (he'd be about 55-60 now) fucking raved about them and he was ex-army

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

That probably explains it. One of the older boys I worked with (he'd be about 55-60 now) fucking raved about them and he was ex-army

Yeah mate.

When you're in them all day, day after day, I imagine the swoosh or 3 stripes matter somewhat less than the actual comfort. 

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Will Hummel be the only sponsor or are we to have numerous sponsors for our jersey?

Don’t know if there’s any plans for the SPFL to go down the Premiership route of having sponsors logos on the sleeves, but we’d be hard pressed to get anything as stupid looking as Everton’s Angry Birds.

Brand snobbery here is insane, even in poor areas. I missed all that growing up. We didn't really get Nike widespread until after apartheid. A relative brought me a Nike cap and a schoolmate tried to swap his bike for it!

2 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Don’t know if there’s any plans for the SPFL to go down the Premiership route of having sponsors logos on the sleeves, but we’d be hard pressed to get anything as stupid looking as Everton’s Angry Birds.

I don't like over branded shirts but 1M sponsorship doesn't sound a lot  which got me thinking we might be going for multiple sponsorship

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'll ask again, is there any actual proof that Hummel will be our shirt manufacturer?

Don't think so, someone was banding big numbers around yesterday but where he got the info ?????

This thread still hurtling along! 33 pages and not one bit of proof. 

My 2 pence: Hummel are no worse than Diadora or Admiral. If we get a good wedge of cash and they do a decent (hopefully bespoke!) job then I'll be happy. Personally, getting a template from Nike or Adidas seems a bit more embarrassing than a 'non-elite' brand. Looking at the other clubs they make for, we would be far and away their biggest client. Hopefully means we'll get unique designs.

56 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Info comes from KW Bear in one of his posts, he seems to work in that sector. 

If its bollocks then it will just be more bollocks to add to the already huge pile of bollocks. ?

Cheers, I have not had time to read all the thread so missed that, the bollocks pile is rather large indeed :mutley: and just wait if the SD connection is correct. :lol:  

9 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'll ask again, is there any actual proof that Hummel will be our shirt manufacturer?

No, we're losing it over a sportswear brand following a football team on Twitter. Fuck knows what happens if Adidas follow us tomorrow. 

Just now, MrMeeseeks said:

Aha, did you just take a screenshot of the kits I made/posted a few pages back? Why not just quote the post, bud? 

Ooft kick his baws mate.

He's trying to make out he's the new Versace and they're his designs 

52 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

My running trainers are Asics. Best about for gym work. 

Same mate only ones I'd use especially Asics gel ... I've had Adidas running shoes and even used thicker New Balance ones for running and the soles ware away and your ankles and knees end up hurting a bit then you know you need to replace and upgrade to something a lot more suitable

Archived