Hummel

jjbscotty12

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well according to the great oracle aka The Dude it’s bollocks. 

Only thing I've said was bollocks is the story about Ashley being a shareholder in Puma. I've no idea about any connection with SD/Hummel.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

3.4mill, well at least that’s a bit more what I expected. 

Not quite 15-million upfront, or even 4-million a year but still decent money - for us, where we are at, brand awareness, toxicity, success on the pitch - all the factors.

Regarding the distributer question, call me stupid, but don't we need one? how can we do it ourselves? we don't have trucks, warehouses, logistics teams, transport offices? is it worth spending several millions setting all that up (and in an unworkable timeframe) just to save maybe 15% of kit sales (at a guess?)

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I could but they'd almost certainly refuse to do an interview over a deal that is yet to be confirmed and is on the strength of them following Rangers on Twitter.

It's a least worth a try, If only to find out why they started following Rangers on Twitter.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Not quite 15-million upfront, or even 4-million a year but still decent money - for us, where we are at, brand awareness, toxicity, success on the pitch - all the factors.

Regarding the distributer question, call me stupid, but don't we need one? how can we do it ourselves? we don't have trucks, warehouses, logistics teams, transport offices? is it worth spending several millions setting all that up (and in an unworkable timeframe) just to save maybe 15% of kit sales (at a guess?)

online only would work 

Just now, Sweetheart said:

It's a least worth a try, If only to find out why they started following Rangers on Twitter.

It's not worth a try. It's literally sending an email to a press officer whose time I'll be wasting asking questions I can already tell you the answer to.

I know a lot of folk aren't too happy with the possibility of the team being kitted out by Hummel but I could honestly see them churning out at least a couple of instant classics for us. At least on par with what Umbro produced. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

online only would work 

Aye as you could store the stock in a leased warehouse or something and ship out from there but you'd be missing a massive hole in the retail market meaning you still wouldn't have our strips to buy in high street stores. It would be a big chance missed now we have our retail deal back.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Aye as you could store the stock in a leased warehouse or something and ship out from there but you'd be missing a massive hole in the retail market meaning you still wouldn't have our strips to buy in high street stores. It would be a big chance missed now we have our retail deal back.

Supermarkets are also someone who would be a good partner on that side of thing. They have the entire supply network if you can get production sorted. It's a bit tacky but they have far greater footfall than high street sports retail and have all made big pushes into online recently.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Supermarkets are also someone who would be a good partner on that side of thing. They have the entire supply network if you can get production sorted. It's a bit tacky but they have far greater footfall than high street sports retail and have all made big pushes into online recently.

Exactly and the best part is, everyone uses a supermarket at least once a week, sometimes most days depending on how busy you are and what your upto - so you've got 100% of the population captive on a weekly basis - whereas I can't remember the last time I was actually in a sports shop, if I was it was for a nosey to kill time or (and I know this sounds mental) to maybe see what I could buy online - I know that sounds fucked up.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Exactly and the best part is, everyone uses a supermarket at least once a week, sometimes most days depending on how busy you are and what your upto - so you've got 100% of the population captive on a weekly basis - whereas I can't remember the last time I was actually in a sports shop, if I was it was for a nosey to kill time or (and I know this sounds mental) to maybe see what I could buy online - I know that sounds fucked up.

I spent a long time in retail. It's common as fuck. Folk like seeing shit before they buy it.

Archived