Hummel

jjbscotty12

Don’t have a problem with Hummel. We are no longer a major draw for these companies i.e. Nike,Adidas ect. We have not won a top trophy for years and have been out of champions league for longer than I can remember so big sportswear companies are not going to be kicking our door down. We are also now competing with a successful Northern Ireland team who are selling replica tops in huge numbers. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Allan Vad Nielsen, CEO of Hummel International said, “We are extremely proud to have been chosen as the new Technical Partner to one of the world’s oldest and most famous football clubs. Words can barely describe the level of excitement at our Head Office this morning when we announced this fantastic new partnership to our International staff.”

“At Hummel we pride ourselves in doing things a little differently by adding that extra twist and a bit of character to all that we do.  Over the next 3 years we will endeavor to provide the players, staff and most importantly the supporters of this great club with an exceptional range of products both on and off the field and we look forward to joining you on your journey back to the top of the league.”

Only 5 years old and one of the oldest clubs in the world? :lol: 

Just now, Dickie said:

Don’t have a problem with Hummel. We are no longer a major draw for these companies i.e. Nike,Adidas ect. We have not won a top trophy for years and have been out of champions league for longer than I can remember so big sportswear companies are not going to be kicking our door down. We are also now competing with a successful Northern Ireland team who are selling replica tops in huge numbers. 

The standing of a club has no real impact on who makes the kit. Kilmarnock have Nike and Aberdeen have Adidas. It’s just not how it works. 

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

WTF, has Nortern Ireland got to do with any shirt deal we get. 

3 minutes ago, RDFM said:

The standing of a club has no real impact on who makes the kit. Kilmarnock have Nike and Aberdeen have Adidas. It’s just not how it works. 

But what is on offer money wise is a big deal

Just now, Dickie said:

Sales ours has been piss poor for years due to boycotting and incompetence. 

So your trying to say Bears won’t buy a Rangers top because suddenly they are all wearing NI tops. 

I’m trying to work out if your serious or at the wind up. 

12 minutes ago, Dickie said:

So are Lionbrand :lol:

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So your trying to say Bears won’t buy a Rangers top because suddenly they are all wearing NI tops. 

I’m trying to work out if your serious or at the wind up. 

Whereas ulster kids all ran about in Rangers tops they have grown accustomed to wearing the NI top. With the price of the fuckin things most will now make choices 

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

Whereas ulster kids all ran about in Rangers tops they have grown accustomed to wearing the NI top. With the price of the fuckin things most will now make choices 

What has a NI top got to do with Rangers tops being sold?   Most kids will wear multiple tops these days.  

27 minutes ago, Dickie said:

But we should be a major draw for companies .

Surely the potential of sales would be the most significant issue ? I'm not sure of the figures , but I'm sure it was only a few years ago we were one of the top sellers of tops . That's how we should be 'selling' it to these companies , as all they're interested in is sales and profits .

Call it the old cynic in me but I suspect we just couldn't be arsed and accepted the first offer to come along . 

Hummel it is then.  The arrows could become a bit unfortunate if the strip design starts to create the impression of being some sort of US prison-like wear.   I don't really like Hummels designs but hey ho I can only assume they put in the best bid and we'll have to live with whatever designs they come up with.

Hummel is German for bumblebee I think.   Kind of suits Murty's current sides........floats like a bumblebee but stings like a butterfly. 

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

I have no problem with Hummel making our top and kit as long as it is the best deal and it will maybe be a little different which could be a nice change.

I do wonder why we had the first leaks saying it was £10M over three years and now this 2 to 3 time what the last Puma deal was, it is a little confusing, maybe it was done like that to confuse us mere fans.

I assume the superstore at Ibrox comes back to Rangers at the end of the season after the SD deal ends ? Will Rangers staff it and run it ourselves once that happens or will we do a deal with another company to run it ?  Also I wonder what other outlets will stock our tops ?

Totally agree 

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Fuck off, that’s rotten.

Looks like something you would get from a looky looky stall on holiday.

Keep looking at it.  It'll grow on you.  Eventually you'll fucking love it.  You'll see.

1 hour ago, RDFM said:

Aberdeen are not sponsored by Nike it’s a 3rd party deal

Rangers Managing Director, Stewart Robertson commented: “We are delighted to announce that our new kit supplier from next season will be Hummel and we are sure the fans will love the design of the new shirts featuring the famous Hummel chevrons for the first time.

Given how completely out of touch with fans, and in reality in general, the board actually are....fuck knows what we're going to end up with. What a laugh this shit show is....NOT!

All that matters is the money on the table and we as a support will buy it to help the club. If you're honestly saying you won't buy coz hummel is the sponsor then please fuck off coz you can't support our mighty fine club. Stop being so self-absorbed and think of the club, you support a footballing giant with the best supporters in the world not the best dressed!!

Great business and I look forward to seeing the new strip

Archived