Hummel

jjbscotty12

Well the good people at Hummel seem genuinely pleased about it. Good luck to them, I hope they come up with shirt designs and training gear that people like and they sell well. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Aberdeen are not sponsored by Nike it’s a 3rd party deal

:tu:

People just assume because a team wears a certain brand that there's a sponsorship deal in place.

It's basically teamwear these clubs have. Not too different to all these amateur clubs running around on a Saturday/Sunday morning wearing Nike and Adidas gear.

54 minutes ago, gsa said:

Well the good people at Hummel seem genuinely pleased about it. Good luck to them, I hope they come up with shirt designs and training gear that people like and they sell well. 

It would be good if they take on board some fan intake rather than getting all excited with chevrons everywhere.

14 minutes ago, pcbear said:

It would be good if they take on board some fan intake rather than getting all excited with chevrons everywhere.

If they're paying big money (for then) I imagine they'll want their logo everywhere they can possibly get it. 

2 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

Aberdeen are not sponsored by Nike it’s a 3rd party deal

I clearly said Kilmarnock have their kits made by Nike and that Aberdeen have theirs done with Adidas.

3 hours ago, RDFM said:

The standing of a club has no real impact on who makes the kit. Kilmarnock have Nike and Aberdeen have Adidas. It’s just not how it works. 

Youre both right 

Killie have Nike because theyll accept a lot more money than us, theyre standing doesnt matter as you say, its not like Nike will think theyre too big for Killie or some other small club, but they wont battle with another company and spent ten million to get the deal

But they're not going to gamble big money or battle with another brand over our contract because we are not as big a draw as we were and were a gamble at the moment 

I think its a good sign that a reasonably large brand wants to take the risk of using us as their way of making their mark and it seems they are enthusiatic about it too, if it were some major brand that was failing then it would be another story.

And big brands like Nike and Adidas have the biggest teams in the world to look after, we will get much more attention from Hummel, we will be their big client who needs to be taken care of and completely satisfied, whereas with Nike we would just be another client that just needs the bare minimum 

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

I hope the quality is decent,  I remember folk moaning that their letters were peeling off their strips, can you imagine cunts turning up at Ibrox for a game and the chevrons hanging off their tops :mutley:

the blackthorn tops were the worst for that, i never bought one cause my mates peeled after a week and every single person i know who had one had theirs start peeling 

the 2012 ones with the wee tennents logo did it after a while too

dont know what these companies are playing at, ive got tops from over 10 years ago that must have went thru the wash over 1000 times and they still look fine, this printed on plastic shit is bollocks

1 minute ago, PSL said:

Agreed. Never thought id miss umbro but looking back they gave us some classic kits. Puma were shite

the top weve been wearing for the past 2 seasons is one of the best in years, that top and the 2012 top have been the best of the last 15 years probably

Archived