SACK THE BOARD

Gman36

I am not a businessman of any type but who exactly can sack the board and how is it done? I take it that we are all just showing displeasure and making it uncomfortable for the board and hoping they will go away?  This board for all its failing has put in  a significant amount of money, and at this moment will be millions of pounds out of pocket and I cannot see them going away without getting their money back. They didn't become millionaires by throwing money away. If we really want them gone someone needs to pay them off. I cannot see it happening. 

3 minutes ago, insider said:

I am not a businessman of any type but who exactly can sack the board and how is it done? I take it that we are all just showing displeasure and making it uncomfortable for the board and hoping they will go away?  This board for all its failing has put in  a significant amount of money, and at this moment will be millions of pounds out of pocket and I cannot see them going away without getting their money back. They didn't become millionaires by throwing money away. If we really want them gone someone needs to pay them off. I cannot see it happening. 

They aren’t out of pocket, the loans will be converted to shares so they simply moved money from one investment to another so they are doing very well for themselves. 

28 minutes ago, backup said:

So in the world where straw clutching is not an option we are stuck with what and who we have, until they decide to change it.

Of course 1872 could call an EGM and set the cat amongst the pigeons, I can't help but think they are simply board shills though.

What resolutions would you suggest they propose? 

3 minutes ago, backup said:

removal of king and appointment of a real CEO for a start, maybe you think an EGM would be pointless considering our dire straits.

I've made no comment on the merits of a EGM. 

Pointless asking for the removal of King without an alternative in place though. And by alternative I mean, a new Chairman, someone to buy his 15%, repay his £6.7m of loans (as at 30.6.17) and put up the £7m guarantee for the next 2 years. 

I’m genuinely puzzled why we haven’t been working harder behind the scenes to get overseas investment. We have a global audience and could be a Champions league club comfortable with only moderate investment compared to what it would cost to do the same in the EPL. It seems clear that King and group simply don’t have the funds to enable us to push harder. Of concern though is the logic behind their appointments and handling of situations which is amateurish.

There are no UK bears with the money aside from maybe Jim McColl who has not shown any interest. Others I’d imagine are put off as posters have said by the fact they would have to buy out all the soft loans etc. 

I get the money for shares part but we cannot keep just producing shares. If it was that easy they could put in another hundred million and just take out a load of shares.

I am convinced that if Dave King could just get back all the money he has put into Rangers throughout the years he would do it right now. I think the rest of the board are the same. I'm sure they all came in and invested with the best intentions but it has cost them far more than they anticipated and we are not where they expected us to be at this stage. So I think they are in catch 22,  invest more and hope it works or cut their losses and run. The more they put in the better the chance that they will appoint the right manager, players and staff but along with that if the investment goes wrong they have more to lose..

I am not a Dave King fan and I think he may put off other businessmen from investing.

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Pointless asking for the removal of King without an alternative in place though. And by alternative I mean, a new Chairman, someone to buy his 15%, repay his £6.7m of loans (as at 30.6.17) and put up the £7m guarantee for the next 2 years. 

Let me ask you again, do you think an EGM is pointless and without merit.

There is nothing to stop the board from removing king as chairman, what retribution he decided to wreak if any would be down to him.

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Even if there were let's be honest your crew would be the last to look for it.  The love for Dave is strong. 

9 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Did king sorry noal only offer the funding based on king being chairman? 

9 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

The way it could work is to get more Profesional people in who can run a  football club and King and the rest of this Failing board could still hold shares but have no input on the football side, with them all being great Rangers men who only want the best for Rangers they will continue to invest.

3 minutes ago, backup said:

There is nothing to stop the board from removing king as chairman, what retribution he decided to wreak if any would be down to him.

I wouldn't be against an EGM being called to restructure the RIFC board (IMO it's too large, has people I think should be replaced & too geographically diverse). 

I would also expect to see TRFC exec team being removed and replaced. 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

I wouldn't be against an EGM being called to restructure the RIFC board (IMO it's too large, has people I think should be replaced & too geographically diverse). 

I would also expect to see TRFC exec team being removed and replaced. 

Thanks,appreciated.

6 minutes ago, backup said:

If we don't have the money to pay him off, he could put us to the wall. Are the board/we even willing to take that risk?

Then there's the TOP share offer. Theoretically he could end up with 50% plus, so then what do we do? You could only starve him out in those circumstances.

Unless there is a buyer in the background this board is going no where.

What we can do but is continue to put the pressure on them and force changes. If an EGM is the only way to force the board to do this then so be it.

We don't have to remove them as shareholders we just need to get competent professionals who know how to run a football club.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If we don't have the money to pay him off, he could put us to the wall. Are the board/we even willing to take that risk?

Then there's the TOP share offer. Theoretically he could end up with 50% plus, so then what do we do? You could only starve him out in those circumstances.

As said nothing to stop him being removed as chairman, revenge on his part if any is down to him.

Or as previously stated we are wher we are for the forseeable future.

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Unless there is a buyer in the background this board is going no where.

What we can do but is continue to put the pressure on them and force changes. If an EGM is the only way to force the board to do this then so be it.

We don't have to remove them as shareholders we just need to get competent professionals who know how to run a football club.

What about the loans? If we force them out, they simply call them in and we're in admin 2, but they're Rangers men right?

Current pressure needs to continue and they need to know there will be consequences if they don't play ball, but as I said, King has yet to comply with TOP and if he does and he ends up 50% plus, we're fully at his mercy.. Brinkmanship could then play out but we then run the risk of insolvency.

No easy answer.

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

There’s no one in the wings, there’s no sugar daddies, there’s no one interested in investing in Scotland- the EPL or ECL are where you go if you’re sensible - there’s no one of wealth behind a coup. 

If our board chuck it right now at this time - I believe we will be fucked big time 

be careful what you chant for 

We can't sing this, it doesn't rhyme.