SACK THE BOARD

Gman36

45 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

What about the loans? If we force them out, they simply call them in and we're in admin 2, but they're Rangers men right?

Current pressure needs to continue and they need to know there will be consequences if they don't play ball, but as I said, King has yet to comply with TOP and if he does and he ends up 50% plus, we're fully at his mercy.. Brinkmanship could then play out but we then run the risk of insolvency.

No easy answer.

Your right there is no easy solution.

If they did call in there loans and force Admin 2. They are cutting their nose to spite the face. In a admin situation they would be lucky to get back there money. I don't know if they would be that vindictive.

1 hour ago, insider said:

I am not a businessman of any type but who exactly can sack the board and how is it done? I take it that we are all just showing displeasure and making it uncomfortable for the board and hoping they will go away?  This board for all its failing has put in  a significant amount of money, and at this moment will be millions of pounds out of pocket and I cannot see them going away without getting their money back. They didn't become millionaires by throwing money away. If we really want them gone someone needs to pay them off. I cannot see it happening. 

You're sure as hell right about wanting their money back, especially a certain someone "owed" £20 Mil for his investment.

1 hour ago, insider said:

I get the money for shares part but we cannot keep just producing shares. If it was that easy they could put in another hundred million and just take out a load of shares.

I am convinced that if Dave King could just get back all the money he has put into Rangers throughout the years he would do it right now. I think the rest of the board are the same. I'm sure they all came in and invested with the best intentions but it has cost them far more than they anticipated and we are not where they expected us to be at this stage. So I think they are in catch 22,  invest more and hope it works or cut their losses and run. The more they put in the better the chance that they will appoint the right manager, players and staff but along with that if the investment goes wrong they have more to lose..

I am not a Dave King fan and I think he may put off other businessmen from investing.

Now you're just ripping the piss out of this. Dinky investing, with all due respect fuck off.

that's all good and well to sack the board,but who

the hell do we get to replace them,i don't know of

any one waiting in the wings do you.:headwall:

I hate this sack the board patter, i do not believe the current board are the right people to take the club forward, however, what fucking good does saying stuff like sack the board do? Its just a stupid chant english clubs give it everytime things get sticky. Who is it you think “sacks the board?” Whos is it that replaces the board? Who do we mean by the board? everyone including king? Who buys the current board out? Who runs the club if this current board go ok we resign from the club and all walk away with claims for the loans they have paid? 

10 minutes ago, kingtom80 said:

that's all good and well to sack the board,but who

the hell do we get to replace them,i don't know of

any one waiting in the wings do you.:headwall:

Aye the old ones are always the best, who would take on Rangers when we have not even looked?

Just now, Glasgowrangersafc said:

I hate this sack the board patter, i do not believe the current board are the right people to take the club forward, however, what fucking good does saying stuff like sack the board do? Its just a stupid chant english clubs give it everytime things get sticky. Who is it you think “sacks the board?” Whos is it that replaces the board? Who do we mean by the board? everyone including king? Who buys the current board out? Who runs the club if this current board go ok we resign from the club and all walk away with claims for the loans they have paid? 

Stay quiet and avoid social media posts then.  You'll be far happier..... Apparently.  

13 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

i think a large part of the crowd singing it would put the shits up the board.

the fans should be new owners

Best thing that could happen is getting these loans converted to shares then a boardroom coup takes place . The 3 Bears make a move and have others with funds, who know how to run a football club, waiting to come in and oust the deadwood. Dave King can sell his shares to C1872.

Putting pressure on the board might help facilitate this but King dragging out the TOP business has ballsed up the timing for it to take place as quickly as is required.

We need a regime change. At some point in time we're going to have to accept a period of unpleasantness to the ensure a more prosperous long term future. 

Just now we're in the equivalent of surviving off a loan shark or wonga loans. We're just about keeping our head above water, but the longer we persist in this state the more painful it'll be when we finally have to face up to the reality. 

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

There’s no one in the wings, there’s no sugar daddies, there’s no one interested in investing in Scotland- the EPL or ECL are where you go if you’re sensible - there’s no one of wealth behind a coup. 

If our board chuck it right now at this time - I believe we will be fucked big time 

be careful what you chant for 

and how do you know this?

Just now, Young Bob said:

Best thing that could happen is getting these loans converted to shares then a boardroom coup takes place . The 3 Bears make a move and have others with funds, who know how to run a football club, waiting to come in and oust the deadwood. Dave King can sell his shares to C1872.

Putting pressure on the board might help facilitate this but King dragging out the TOP business has ballsed up the timing for it to take place as quickly as is required.

Exactly and if he gains 50% plus, it's game over.

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

There’s no one in the wings, there’s no sugar daddies, there’s no one interested in investing in Scotland- the EPL or ECL are where you go if you’re sensible - there’s no one of wealth behind a coup. 

If our board chuck it right now at this time - I believe we will be fucked big time 

be careful what you chant for 

Absolutely correct...who the fuck is waiting in the wings...we are stuck with King.Nobody with a modicum of sense is going to heavily invest in a team playing in Scotland ...even if they have the history and fanbase of Rangers

28 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

and how do you know this?

If there was he/she would be making noises to rumble King, they, in every case become a protagonist to get the ball rolling - it's a bit quiet out there is it not?

22 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

he doesnt. but its the best defence of King that he has

folk are clutching at straws now

Just because I can think through a scenario doesn't mean I'm defending King ffs. and nobody is clutching at straws - I've already agreed that targeting King, not the board, MIGHT kick start the change we want 

3 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Absolutely correct...who the fuck is waiting in the wings...we are stuck with King.Nobody with a modicum of sense is going to heavily invest in a team playing in Scotland ...even if they have the history and fanbase of Rangers

We will only be attractive when we are playing regularly in Europe and winning this league, the fact the Championship in England is more of a draw than us makes it a catch 22.   We need investment to win things and when were winning things investment will be easier to find.