Talksport talking about Sundays chaos

13 minutes ago, Del said:

The fact he is there shows how he tracks back, you can’t expect him to win the ball every time. As for allowing Tierney an easy opportunity to cross, watch it again and tell me what our RB, the one who should be stopping the cross is doing. 

If Tierney had whipped in a ball that was impossible to defend then you could say aye the missed tackle cost us, but the ball was rubbish and only bettered by even worse defending. 

Candeias plays a part but to say he cost us the goal is daft. 

It's not the missed tackle, it's the not running back and fighting for the ball, which he's meant to be good at. Tavernier isn't much better but still, if that's a Dorrans/Halliday/Docherty or a Windass they're getting it tight for not making an attempt

3 hours ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

I would say the main issue is that our name is far bigger that our team/managers current ability.

When you hear about the battle between us and the Tarriers it used to be a true battle because the teams were close and the games we tight. 

The fans expect the games to.be tight and we have come to expect a level of player who is skilled and exhibits the core values of being a Rangers player

However, this current team are nonwhere near that either skill wise or character make-up. And we are probably on average 2 to 3 goals worse than their current team.

I defo think we have a good few players and can beat them on our day but on the average game they are much better than us.

Along with that, their consistency vs the other teams in way higher than ours at the moment. As we know this is the main reason why we are still battling for second.

I think that's the harsh reality of it. We don't have the quality of manger or players to compete and deliver on a day to day basis at the moment. Too much up.and down, flash in the pan crap.

We've all said it before but we need a good bit of money invested and some excellent staff recruitment over the next year or two. 

It's terrible to think that our players gave up but that will tell you right there they aren't meant to be playing for this club.

However, If we don't invest and recruit a better standard of player and coaching staff, sadly this is what we will be left with.

Well said............ even Bears in Canada can see the problems. If only our board could.

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

There's too much that doesn't add up about Sunday.

From team selection, to tactics, to his body language/words after the game, to Halliday's reaction, to Wallace and Miller's bust up, Jimmy Nicholl's apparent input and body language when it comes to the dug out and the way the board are dealing with the bust up and everything else.

There's something very fishy going on at our club. No version of events makes entire sense no matter how you try and figure it out in your head or apportion blame. 

Something very toxic about our whole club right now - boardroom level, management level, coaching level and playing staff. Every department.

Yeah that is the way I see it too

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Oh he has his uses and he's a handy player to have for other aspects of his game but I can't justify having him in defence. He's an absolute bombscare. 

His positional awareness is terrible, he can't tackle and he never takes responsibility. I'd be actively looking to sell him as someone we could get a couple of million for. I know Porinni's don't grow on tree's especially for what we can afford but Porinni for example wasn't a flair player, not pleasing on the eye, probably on average a 6.5 out of 10 player every week over the course but he was solid and would stick to position and clear his lines and could tackle. That's what we need not some wee modern day right back who can run about and whip in a good cross - that's what our wingers are for - not our full-backs. Stupid set up.

Excellent post . I would sell Tav in a heart beat .As with Fod . We need a right back, that can be just that . A right back .A WINNER FFS

You never see Tav go to ground in a tackle . Certainly never enough . He is caught out of position so many times , it's frightening .

His deliveries are maybe 2/3 superb ones out of 10 . Is that good enough . Not for me

Tav has been a mainstay in all of our humiliations . For me , guys like this have to be punted . We can't keep making excuses for them because , they put in some decent crosses or some great performances in bread and butter games

We really need to start building our defence again for the new season . Get that right , we can adjust all the other positions

They must have been told to press the midfield and centre backs, we done it in the first 5 minutes and then didn' do it for the rest of the game. Forced Boyata into an error as well and got a good break from it. The team selection and tactics were wrong but the blame lies equally with manager and players IMO.

Losing the dressing room is never an excuse for a lack of effort and commitment, these pros need to take a good look at themselves.

As for the manager - he should have walked or been replaced after that. We need to qualify for Europe and his post match interview would not fill you with confidence. The entire situation is embarrassing and depressing and it looks like it' going to get worse before it gets better. 

Will be interesting to see how Dave will punt season books with only smoke and mirrors

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It's not the missed tackle, it's the not running back and fighting for the ball, which he's meant to be good at. Tavernier isn't much better but still, if that's a Dorrans/Halliday/Docherty or a Windass they're getting it tight for not making an attempt

That was ANY player in Smiths team regardless of reputation or status they would be getting ripped a new arsehole by their teammates before the manger had even got to them. 

Thats what's missing at Ibrox and its also the reason why the fenians find it so easy to beat us. 

Warburton on talksport: "Kenny & Lee trained well, very respectful, when I beat celtic at Hampden their pitch geography was superb, we didn't need a plan B because we did plan A better... " 

Oh, he hasn't been on yet?  Better respost this in a couple of hours :mutley:

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Excellent post . I would sell Tav in a heart beat .As with Fod . We need a right back, that can be just that . A right back .A WINNER FFS

You never see Tav go to ground in a tackle . Certainly never enough . He is caught out of position so many times , it's frightening .

His deliveries are maybe 2/3 superb ones out of 10 . Is that good enough . Not for me

Tav has been a mainstay in all of our humiliations . For me , guys like this have to be punted . We can't keep making excuses for them because , they put in some decent crosses or some great performances in bread and butter games

We really need to start building our defence again for the new season . Get that right , we can adjust all the other positions

Tav, Fod and Windass are a common denominator for a few seasons and just not good enough. Sure,  not bad guys, but over hyped to fuck in here. They are far from alone of course.

When you look across our squad for the standard of player needed to take a title, both in ability and mentality, there are very few you would keep and it needs another total rebuilding job.

Just who are saveable? From the whole squad, I can only see John, McCrorie, Docherty, Murphy, Cummings. Of that five, four offer potential. Thereafter, the rest can gtf, particularly the tea time favourites of the tea and scone brigade in here in Wes, Tav, Windass and Morelos. These four of the most over hyped and can do nothing wrong variety, are exactly the reason why we will win fuck all. They let you down when when it matters most.. Not one have the character, far less the ability to step up when the chips are down. Ah but two are our top scorers. Exactly, against fucking dross! 

We need players of ability, of the right mentality who can dig deep.

It matters little how a manager sets up the team and tinkers week to week,  as a footballer with half a brain cell, you should have the ability to adapt and the commitment to get out there and just do it for the cause. A manager's tactics is no excuse for downing tools. That cunt Brenda is forever tinkering and changing formations, it's what he does, but the cunts still win the league at a canter, which says much about the ability and mentality of our lot. Our petulant lambs with petted lips bigger than a Kardashian's tits.

When you cross that white line you simply just take your position and get fucking into it and collectively, if you have the ability and mentality, you'll win. Sick to fuck with all this shite about Murty's formations and tactics. FFS, we are playing in a footballing backwater, scum aside, against teams that are literally littered with abject fucking dross and and not a fucking brain cell between them. It's not fucking hard!

We remain overburdened with mediocrity and players of the wrong mentality. It's not a new phenomena for us and the scum game only amplified what we already knew, unless you were one of the sorely deluded. We all knew what Murty was, so wtf did we really expect in taking over that mottley crew of over hyped chancers? He was never the answer and the scapegoating of him I find pathetic and repugnant and I don't even like the bastard. We are as bad as our player at times. Sensitive little lambs that have a God given right to win. Well we should have fucking thought about that when we elevated our career criminal to power.

We move on and our future is firmly in the hands of King, that other fucking chancer that some in here can't extract their collective tongues from his ring piece. All roads lead back to that cunt's door and hopefully most are now waking up to that fact.  Until he changes nothing changes and all the managers and players of mediocrity in the world that we again will bring in, will not change our fortunes. 

1 hour ago, Gazza1212 said:

That was ANY player in Smiths team regardless of reputation or status they would be getting ripped a new arsehole by their teammates before the manger had even got to them. 

Thats what's missing at Ibrox and its also the reason why the fenians find it so easy to beat us. 

A team full of players with leadership qualities, but who would fight and guve their lot in the trenches for each other.

Compared to individuals who don't really give a fuck and appear unaffected by dropping 2 or even 3 points. And who seem more concerned by not taking blame as an individual preferring to point the finger at anyone else on the park or touch line.

We can talk all we want about footballing quality but what's missing in terms of that burning desire to do anything needed for your teammate and anything needed to win.... that's not there and it can't be taught.

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Tav, Fod and Windass are a common denominator for a few seasons and just not good enough. Sure,  not bad guys, but over hyped to fuck in here. They are far from alone of course.

When you look across our squad for the standard of player needed to take a title, both in ability and mentality, there are very few you would keep and it needs another total rebuilding job.

Just who are saveable? From the whole squad, I can only see John, McCrorie, Docherty, Murphy, Cummings. Of that five, four offer potential. Thereafter, the rest can gtf, particularly the tea time favourites of the tea and scone brigade in here in Wes, Tav, Windass and Morelos. These four of the most over hyped and can do nothing wrong variety, are exactly the reason why we will win fuck all. They let you down when when it matters most.. Not one have the character, far less the ability to step up when the chips are down. Ah but two are our top scorers. Exactly, against fucking dross! 

It matters little how a manager sets up the team and tinkers week to week,  as a footballer with half a brain cell, you should have the ability to adapt and the commitment to get out there and just do it for the cause. A manager's tactics is no excuse for downing tools. That cunt Brenda is forever tinkering and changing formations, it's what he does, but the cunts still win the league at a canter, which says much about the ability and mentality of our lot. Our petulant lambs with petted lips bigger than a Kardashian's tits.

When you cross that white line you simply just take your position and get fucking into it and collectively, if you have the ability and mentality, you'll win. Sick to fuck with all this shite about Murty's formations and tactics. FFS, we are playing in a footballing backwater, scum aside, against teams that are literally littered with abject fucking dross and and not a fucking brain cell between them. It's not fucking hard!

We remain overburdened with mediocrity and players of the wrong mentality. It's not a new phenomena for us and the scum game only amplified what we already knew, unless you were one of the sorely deluded. We all knew what Murty was, so wtf did we really expect in taking over that mottley crew of over hyped chancers? He was never the answer and the scapegoating of him I find pathetic and repugnant and I don't even like the bastard. We are as bad as our player at times. Sensitive little lambs that have a God given right to win. Well we should have fucking thought about that when we elevated our career criminal to power.

We move on and our future is firmly in the hands of King, that other fucking chancer that some in here can't extract their collective tongues from his ring piece. All roads lead back to that cunt's door and hopefully most are now waking up to that fact.  Until he changes nothing changes and all the managers and players of mediocrity in the world that we again will bring in, will not change our fortunes. 

Nail head hit for me. I know I've said it enough for a lot of Bears to be rolling their eyes when I repeat it,  but get Windass to absolute fuck and  let Morelos follow him. The former does my nut in - most games if his name's announced for any reason midway through a game I'll find myself saying "Oh aye, that's right  - he WAS in the starting XI" and although the latter can make defenders put in a shift how many golden sitters do you allow a so-called striker to miss? Both are far too inconsistent and far too hyped. The farce on Sunday was the last straw for me with these two and the majority of those players. I still believe in Murphy and I'd keep Cummings and Docherty because I feel there's potential there. Candeias can be brilliant on his day but is also very inconsistent. Tav, same. Milller and Wallace may not be world beaters, but they know what the score is and they were right to call these cowards out on it. We need a massive overhaul and a huge change in mindset if we're ever going to stop that other lot's insidious march.

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Superb post and agree with most of that 

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Don't agree with Docherty or John, they are awful too but the rest of your post is 100% spot-on.