My letter to the Directors.

SuperAli

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The problem is, what they are owed, plus their shares is more than the club's worth.

Then if they continue with the same financial model, they've got to continue to fund the gaps, putting their investment in an even weaker position.

Only a significant increase in revenue streams and winnng that title, will net value increase along with increased revenue. Until then, it's ever decreasng circles, unless Dave has a rabbit to pull out the hat.

IMHO it's actually time to get to fuck, with damage  limitation on their losses, but you never know wtf Dave is up to.

That’s the point I don’t get it makes no sense for them to keep the club just limping along. 

i think ill write a letter myself. Although im not the most eloquent cunt so ill probably take my time writing it and post before i send it, also im currently in the Horse Shoe bar enjoying my 3rd pint of Stella so by the end of the afternoon the letter will probably be to offensive to send ?

11 minutes ago, Herdwick said:

Did Dave king not say a number of years ago , I don't care what the supporters think,  maybe someone on here will remember.

he made it clear 30 and closer to 50 million would be invested within 3 years

he lied, straight to our faces, like everyone else before him did

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Likewise. Hence I'm waiting to be shocked one way or the other.

There may come a point when they decide to jack it in, go into receivership and sell everything off, recovering as much of their 17M or 18M as they can (less the Close Brothers loan).  As you've already said, there's no other obvious income streams so it's hard to see where he cash would come from any time over the next couple of years - during which they'll either have to put more of their money in or take out even more hard loans.

Club1872 won't help as all they're doing is buying existing shares - the cash goes to whoever sells them their existing shareholding.  The Club is no better off.

Even converting the loans to shares doesn't put anything else into the club, although it does help address the FFP rules.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You do know that’s an old wife’s tale to scare the kids. 

Perhaps, but when we were looking for owners recently, we only had a list of wolves licking their chops to strip us.

This current board are certainly not sharp-tacks but I do at least have faith they want the club to thrive...they just don't know how to do it.

I can't believe our choice is between a well-meaning incompetent board and vultures like Whyte/Ashley.

17 minutes ago, Herdwick said:

Did Dave king not say a number of years ago , I don't care what the supporters think,  maybe someone on here will remember.

He said he didn't care what 'fans' think, but will listen to supporters. I guess making the distinction between those on social media who largely don't attend games/ buy merchandise and illegally stream, versus those who buy season books.

His view was those he talks to at games were far more supportive of him and actions, then the mass crowd of social media.

To be fair to him, social media is the fucking cesspit of humanity, where the lowest ape 'has a voice'.

4 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Perhaps, but when we were looking for owners recently, we only had a list of wolves licking their chops to strip us.

This current board are certainly not sharp-tacks but I do at least have faith they want the club to thrive...they just don't know how to do it.

I can't believe our choice is between a well-meaning incompetent board and vultures like Whyte/Ashley.

If they don’t know what they are doing then get someone to run the club for them that does, we thrive their share price goes through the roof and it’s a win win. 

8 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Based on what?

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If they don’t know what they are doing then get someone to run the club for them that does, we thrive their share price goes through the roof and it’s a win win. 

'Mr Branson, I'd like to set you the challenge of getting a man to Mars and back.'

'No chance, sir.  That sounds impossible.'

'Then how about turning Rangers finances around, instead?'

'Carruthers, bring me the plans for that Mars rocket.'

I'm sure the board are aware of their failures. It's theirs, as well as our, money being wasted.

It's turns out it's not that easy to get the right manager, at the right time. And a very expensive mistake if you get it wrong.

Clubs up and down the country are hiring and firing all the time. Ask five different supporters who they want as manager and you'll possibly get five different answers.

But after five failures in a row we must get it right this time.

A heartfelt and sincere effort OP, however I fear your words will almost certainly fall on deaf ears. Unless of course the message you so eloquently covey is replicated in the thousands. For what it's worth I've already sent off something similar so I can totally understand exactly how you feel.

Its only one mans opinion but again for what it's worth, it seems to me our first major battle is coming to the agreement within ourselves that under this administration our club is fucked. 

Such has been the level of utterly shambolic governance under Kings tenure I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever he or his board can turn this around. 

Although I'm fully aware many more on here have been saying this far longer than me, I've been banging this drum since Sunday night because that was my rock bottom.

To echo the sentiment of the OP I'd urge each and every true Rangers fan to see the truth. Don't let your love for the club blind you from doing what's right for Rangers. Despite their best efforts what we've witnessed thus far is NOT what we expect of our board so please, let these people know your feelings without any further delay. 

6 minutes ago, five stars said:

I'm sure the board are aware of their failures. It's theirs, as well as our, money being wasted.

It's turns out it's not that easy to get the right manager, at the right time. And a very expensive mistake if you get it wrong.

Clubs up and down the country are hiring and firing all the time. Ask five different supporters who they want as manager and you'll possibly get five different answers.

But after five failures in a row we must get it right this time.

How is their money being wasted when it's loans to be turned into shares?

Don't get me wrong we need the loans, but that's caused by some awful decisions being made by them and their failure to get us to break even.  It's largely our money that's being spent (plus revenue streams) not theirs.