*** RangersMedia have only gone and bought a bloody Dug!

govanblue

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

£500 for dog insurance :))  That's a bit steep.

I can't be bothered looking up the price of a Lab puppy (a very common breed) but the last 3 pedigree dogs I know off each cost under £600.

So I'm a bit confused it this thread is for real.

I am paying £240 a year insurance for a wee mongrel from the rescue centre. Unfortunately these are the facts if life if you want to be a Doggy Daddy/Mummy.

6 hours ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

£500 for dog insurance :))  That's a bit steep.

I can't be bothered looking up the price of a Lab puppy (a very common breed) but the last 3 pedigree dogs I know off each cost under £600.

So I'm a bit confused it this thread is for real.

I'm sure there are cheaper priced dogs out there, and cheaper insurance.  But I'm not going to be the one to tell BRAVEHOUND how to buy and insure their dogs. I'm sure they've thought long and hard about their choices.

Bottom line is - we gave them £1500. Whether they want to buy 1 dog and insurance with that, or 4500 pairs of sports socks, is entirely up to them. :yoda:

/thread.

New thread here...

bottom line is that a labrador from kennel club registered parents is around £500 unless you are buying a dog from show champions.

Insurance should be no more than £200. A puppy is so unlikely to need major medical care unless bought from a puppy farm that it's a waste of money to get dear insurance.
Later on Labs can get join issues and other problems so dearer insurance might be beneficial.

All that really matters is that it's a healthy pet in a loving home. Labradors are great dogs.