Is Pochettino a failure?

4 years at Spurs, with arguably one of their best teams in 30-40 years and arguably the best starting XI in the league until City this season. 

Why can they not push on? Is it just that mentality that other teams have like Utd that pulls them through? 

I fully expected them to win at least 1 or 2 trophies in the past few years and again they haven’t. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

4 years at Spurs, with arguably one of their best teams in 30-40 years and arguably the best starting XI in the league until City this season. 

Why can they not push on? Is it just that mentality that other teams have like Utd that pulls them through? 

I fully expected them to win at least 1 or 2 trophies in the past few years and again they haven’t. 

they seem to just lack the killer touch  in the first 20 mins  they should have got a 2nd goal  which would have made a difference  once utd equalised there was only one winner     harry kane does not look fully fit  must be a worry  for england 

Great team to watch but they appear to lack mental strength when it comes to crunch games.

Thought Son had his poorest game for a while tonight, and Dembele was ineffective. I'm not convinced Kane is anywhere near 100% fit, either that or he's really holding himself back for the World Cup. 

I wouldn't say he's a failure, he's maybe just not as great as the English media would have you believe. 

He's probably still over achieved at that particular club when you look at the spending power in terms of transfer fees and wage structure of the teams he's competing with and finished above in recent seasons. 

I don't have any allegiance to any team in England but I would like to see them win something because without it I wonder how long this team will stay together.

They only have three good players. Kane, Erikson and Ali. The rest are decent but no where neer good enough to challenge for major trophies. People can blame it on what they want but spurs will never get close to Chelsea United or city on a regular basis 

edit. So much so Chelsea are terrible this season but yet the only two players that would improve they team are Kane as as a striker and Erikson as a playmaker. No one else in Spurs team would get a look in at a team that actually finished bellow them in the league. 

18 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

They only have three good players. Kane, Erikson and Ali. The rest are decent but no where neer good enough to challenge for major trophies. People can blame it on what they want but spurs will never get close to Chelsea United or city on a regular basis 

edit. So much so Chelsea are terrible this season but yet the only two players that would improve they team are Kane as as a striker and Erikson as a playmaker. No one else in Spurs team would get a look in at a team that actually finished bellow them in the league. 

Lloris, Vertonghen & Alderweield are all absolute quality too.

6 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

To think if Leicester never had such a freaky season they would have more than likely won the league. 

They finished third, behind Arsenal as well :lol: 

22 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Lloris, Trippier, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen and Dembele all stroll into Chelsea's team

If he delivers a top four finish this year I can't see any reason for them moving him on.

Mind that he's had to get that team to play well at Wembley this season, something many pundits reckoned was a tough ask given their previous form there.

Also don't think they'd want to be going into a new home stadium with a different manager. They'll give him another two seasons at it.

Nah he’s not a failure if anything he’s a victim of his own success in that he’s done a good job, took them this far as far as they can go and people expect more 

for him to do more he needs the budget of a Costa, Pep or Jose which he won’t get 

12 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Great team to watch but they appear to lack mental strength when it comes to crunch games.

Thought Son had his poorest game for a while tonight, and Dembele was ineffective. I'm not convinced Kane is anywhere near 100% fit, either that or he's really holding himself back for the World Cup. 

A fit Harry Kane would have headed that cross home to make it 2-0 rather than a halfed arsed chuck a leg out effort.

14 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Take it from me Kane is nowhere near fit, fuck knows how he’s back so soon. I got that same injury about 10 weeks ago, been going to physio etc and even now it’s still sore to kick a ball.

Have heard spurs fans on phone ins saying the exact same thing as the op. Just dont get this myself as the guy is clearly a top notch manager. Mind when he first came to england he could hardly string 2 words in english together. Does excellent work in playing younger guys when he has the chance and seems to be pretty good tactically. Eriksen must be one of the best ball strikers and passers of the ball in the premiership. Pretty sure poch will lift a couple of trophies with spurs before he's done.