Parking around Ibrox next season

King_gazza

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

My workplace is in the no parking zone so we would be relocated to a permit parking area. 

Ah right, sorry didn't read tour post properly. We are in the permit zone. 

As I say, all seems OTT to me.

1 hour ago, Dan Deacon said:

It's not always that simple. I can't get away from work early enough on midweek matches for example so tend to take the motor for those games. I'm lucky if I make it in for kick off as it is driving and parking up near stadium.

Midweek matches make up the minority of our schedule, although I see where you’re coming from.

I usually park in that wee lane between asda and the KFC/pizza hut retail park. There's always signs there not to park but I've never had a problem and it's usually full of parked cars when the games are on. Will that be likely to be affected?

I have just read that the taigs have advised all fans to get onto the website and sign a petition and challenge the council about the parking restrictions to be brought around there shithole of a stadium, this is from the club itself, they say that they are one of the biggest stadiums in Europe and major events are held there so they council need to come to some sort of agreement and solution with them. 

Now I think they are at the porkies and distorting the truth, see there may be issues and events at The Emirates but not held in there midden of a stadium on match days. 

We are actually mentioned in this article but it's the last few paragraphs down the bottom and as far as I know our club has said nothing, I might be wrong though. 

10 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

I have just read that the taigs have advised all fans to get onto the website and sign a petition and challenge the council about the parking restrictions to be brought around there shithole of a stadium, this is from the club itself, they say that they are one of the biggest stadiums in Europe and major events are held there so they council need to come to some sort of agreement and solution with them. 

Now I think they are at the porkies and distorting the truth, see there may be issues and events at The Emirates but not held in there midden of a stadium on match days. 

We are actually mentioned in this article but it's the last few paragraphs down the bottom and as far as I know our club has said nothing, I might be wrong though. 

Yeah, SLO put out various tweets about it but I do think the club should be highlighting this as an issue more than they have.

Next season will be a nightmare for parking, they'e even stopping you park on Helen street at the industrial parks while this is about residential issues.

The person who said its the same at hampden, not true, you can park on kings park avenue, menock road etc which is 2 mins away, whats happening here is disgraceful. The transports system on a normal work day is a disaster, I should know as I need to use the train.  I wouldnt even consider going to ibrox with my daughter if this goes through.

Sent an objection in on H&S grounds, alterantives to car travel not fit for purpose for young / elderly.

Ridiculous proposal (particularly with the lack of viable alternatives) which will have a range of objections, but they’ll force it through anyway as they do with everything else. 

On 17/05/2018 at 15:33, Inigo said:

Varies in each direction, but generally quite far.

Various plans here.

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=20479

All of Dumbreck is out, and seems to be all of Ibrox and Plantation down to the river for example. Similar restrictions down to and way past Helen Street.

Basically a mile circle around Ibrox or there about by the looks of it.

Thanks mate. 

I honestly don’t think Glasgow council will listen to us as per usual will still email my objections too then though. But guy in my work stays at Ibrox and they have all ready been asked to send in for requests for parking permits so looks like it’s a goer all ready. Weird that the snack bars are still allowed to park right at stadium. They are happy for them to pay for the rights to the council to park the vans when it’s our event that’s bringing in the crowds. Wish we had someone on our board that would speak up about this and do it now. We have let too many people walk over our club recently 

22 hours ago, gkb10127 said:

I usually park in that wee lane between asda and the KFC/pizza hut retail park. There's always signs there not to park but I've never had a problem and it's usually full of parked cars when the games are on. Will that be likely to be affected?

You'd need to check the maps on the link mate. Close enough that it could be.

11 hours ago, bob1873 said:

Do we know if this is 100% going ahead?  The stuff sent out and on the website is currently consultative.  Just wondering if this is  still the case.

Its up infront of council on the 24th May

3 hours ago, FSM said:

Whilst I realise it's a pain in the arse, walking for a mile isn't going to kill anybody. It's probably only about 15 mins max, and I'm sure a few could do with the exercise.

That's easy for a young guy to say but there's going to be less mobile fans amongst the support whether that's through disability, age, or injury; walking at least a mile and back to the stadium could be a real struggle for some of them.

3 hours ago, FSM said:

Whilst I realise it's a pain in the arse, walking for a mile isn't going to kill anybody. It's probably only about 15 mins max, and I'm sure a few could do with the exercise.

Roughly two thirds of the normal matchday attendance will be impacted by this, it's a massive issue.

17 hours ago, bluchoo said:

Its up infront of council on the 24th May

Cheers. I lodged a complaint against it and received a reply stating I should use public transport!  No kidding.  I travel 125 miles to a game at Ibrox.