Parking around Ibrox next season

King_gazza

12 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

Traveling from outside Glasgow we really only have the cars as an option.  Where can we legally park going forward? We normally park on the far side of the M8 opposite the park in amongst the houses there have done for years.  Given we undertake a 120 mile trip each way car is the only real option.  Quite happy to pay to park or even a park and ride.

Me too m8. It's my only option for the few games I can get to. 

13 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

Traveling from outside Glasgow we really only have the cars as an option.  Where can we legally park going forward? We normally park on the far side of the M8 opposite the park in amongst the houses there have done for years.  Given we undertake a 120 mile trip each way car is the only real option.  Quite happy to pay to park or even a park and ride.

Problem with park and ride (especially if you're coming from a distance) is it adds so much time to each side of your journey. 

18 hours ago, gsa said:

Problem with park and ride (especially if you're coming from a distance) is it adds so much time to each side of your journey. 

Agreed but where else can you park?  Was thinking the science centre to Premier Inn car parks and simply pay the cost.  There’s a multi story over the bridge at the SECC which I guess is walkable? 

Fucking arseholes , if you buy a property in this area you know what you're getting on a match day. I take it these restrictions will be in place for events at Bellahousten park fun runs /concerts etc. If not it's clear discrimination against Rangers/football  fans. How do the police feel about shuffling thousands more people through the centre of town on old firm days?

10 hours ago, dougal72 said:

Fucking arseholes , if you buy a property in this area you know what you're getting on a match day. I take it these restrictions will be in place for events at Bellahousten park fun runs /concerts etc. If not it's clear discrimination against Rangers/football  fans. How do the police feel about shuffling thousands more people through the centre of town on old firm days?

There are substantial restrictions for concerts but don't know if they're as wide ranging. 

All seems a little draconian to me. (As a resident that will benefit).

The people who live in the streets just outside the restriction zone will be happy, because everyone is just going to park there.

Plus the current public transport set up couldnt cope with the volume of people if everyone who drove used it

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

There are substantial restrictions for concerts but don't know if they're as wide ranging. 

All seems a little draconian to me. (As a resident that will benefit).

First test will be the fun run thing in the summer I guess. Won't hold my breath that it will be in force.

• 3 weeks later...

If people object, they should do so in writing or forever hold their sandwich.

These are on the lamppsts in the area now. Have been for a while.

25th May deadline for objections...

20180430_171147.thumb.jpg.1825741cb2d68dd008bd0874f0360b01.jpg

20 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Does anyone know how far the no parking zone extends, and in what directions? 

Varies in each direction, but generally quite far.

Various plans here.

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=20479

All of Dumbreck is out, and seems to be all of Ibrox and Plantation down to the river for example. Similar restrictions down to and way past Helen Street.

Basically a mile circle around Ibrox or there about by the looks of it.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

If people object, they should do so in writing or forever hold their sandwich.

These are on the lamppsts in the area now. Have been for a while.

25th May deadline for objections...

20180430_171147.thumb.jpg.1825741cb2d68dd008bd0874f0360b01.jpg

You said you live in the area?  Does the Street you live on have no parking or permit parking? 

10 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

You said you live in the area?  Does the Street you live on have no parking or permit parking? 

Not yet, but it's due to come under this legislation, yes.

On 27/04/2018 at 18:43, BEE said:

Good, support your local RSC.

It's not always that simple. I can't get away from work early enough on midweek matches for example so tend to take the motor for those games. I'm lucky if I make it in for kick off as it is driving and parking up near stadium.