Rfc52

Out?: Alfredo Morelos

3 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Sooooo..... complete rubbish then.

I honestly don’t understand why people would be so quick to punt him anyway. It would take silly money IMO. Or at least we should be asking for silly money.

Because he wants out and has a piss poor attitude 

11 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Because he wants out and has a piss poor attitude 

That is fine, but if he wants out then clubs will have to pay what we want. Some folk at the end of last season were talking about asking for £2-3m

The only thing that is pissing me off is the media (and i am seeing it across a number of publications) keep saying 'his value decreased after a poor end to the season'. He may not have had a great end of the season goal scoring wise and infact he went through a similar spell earlier in the season where he went a number of games without scoring but you'd have to be daft to not see the outlet he is for our team. For the media to try and devalue him or set his value is ridiculous and I bet you wouldnt see that kind of comment if it was another team in Scotland... let alone one of their prize assets

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

If they really are desperate I’d be going all out to make it work for us in every aspect, we’re under no pressure to sell him. 

£7 million.

Pay Skrtel off so his wage demands are around 28k here 

15% sell on clause. 

Probably sounds ridiculous, but if they’re that desperate that’s the deal, if not we keep him as we’ve already got CB covered anyway. 

That would make sense . Gives us money to find replacement striker. Also if Morelos is as good as some think, it might trigger another bigger move later on,  and we get proceeds of sell on clause.  If they don't like it, too bad..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klos' Glove said:

Also fancy Morelos to have a fantastic season. Given our lightness in strikers, and today's going rate for good young strikers, I honestly think we should be laughing at offers of 10m as well. Slap 20m+ tag on the boy to deter all but the most serious bidders - and play hardball to get at least 18m and 15% sell on. Frankly nobody is going to pay that, but that's fine, we don't want to sell him. And if any club does stump up that sort of deal it should be enough to get 2 good replacements with change left over. In a year's time we could well be seeing that sort of cash actually hit the coffers for him.

Are you any relation to a poster on here called Laudrupsleftboot? re McKay and 10 million and pick of EPL sides

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Are you any relation to a poster on here called Laudrupsleftboot? re McKay and 10 million and pick of EPL sides

No. Read carefully, I said I do NOT expect anyone to pay 18m for him - it's a mechanism to keep him and if anyone did pay it we'd be massively quids in.

And comparing Morelos to McKay is ludicrous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klos' Glove said:

No. Read carefully, I said I do NOT expect anyone to pay 18m for him - it's a mechanism to keep him and if anyone did pay it we'd be massively quids in.

And comparing Morelos to McKay is ludicrous.

Its a mechanism if he actually wants to stay, if he doesn't then his value does nothing but decrease every day until hes off the books unless he continued to play well after it which I doubt.

I'd only sell now if Allen and Gerrard had someone else definitely coming in that's of equal or better quality in a formation that Gerrard is looking to play. The rest Morelos has had this summer will do him the world of good.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Sun running with it now. Why the fuck is everyone rushing to sell him man?

Probs something to do with his pish attitude and him not wanting to be here

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We need better than the wee man sorry 

Fucking hell

20 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Sun running with it now. Why the fuck is everyone rushing to sell him man?

Because keeping him is about as appealing as a leisurely stroll around Coatbridge. 

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Fucking hell

I'll never forget that miss v the scum:megaanguish:

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

I'll never forget that miss v the scum:megaanguish:

Come on tho, his ability isn’t in question.

can question his attitude but the boy has talent.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Come on tho, his ability isn’t in question.

can question his attitude but the boy has talent.

The talent is there. With a proper rest and full pre season he could improve massively for us. 

I would only sell if it's a massive offer and we have a replacement ready to come in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

The only thing that is pissing me off is the media (and i am seeing it across a number of publications) keep saying 'his value decreased after a poor end to the season'. He may not have had a great end of the season goal scoring wise and infact he went through a similar spell earlier in the season where he went a number of games without scoring but you'd have to be daft to not see the outlet he is for our team. For the media to try and devalue him or set his value is ridiculous and I bet you wouldnt see that kind of comment if it was another team in Scotland... let alone one of their prize assets

Lukaku went through a dry spell this season and Kane always had that 'doesn't score in August' pish banded about when he has a slow start

Don't see who we can get who is better up front to do the job Morelos does, he just needs someone just as good beside him or replacing him every so often

• Like 1

So far our outlay has been £5m on Golson and Katic.  If we get Skrtel for free + £5m in cash we've effectively rebuilt the defense at the cost of our CF.  If we can replace Morelos with someone just as good then it's great business but I'm not sure we can do that.  If Gerrard got someone like Solanke in on loan then I'd be more open to the idea.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

So far our outlay has been £5m on Golson and Katic.  If we get Skrtel for free + £5m in cash we've effectively rebuilt the defense at the cost of our CF.  If we can replace Morelos with someone just as good then it's great business but I'm not sure we can do that.  If Gerrard got someone like Solanke in on loan then I'd be more open to the idea.  

Genuinely the most sensible thing you've ever posted

Well done

• Like 2

Skrtel swap for Morelos seems like the absolute embodiment of our godawful transfer philosophy. 

• Like 1

An ageing centre back who’ll command high wages for a young striker with potential and our only real option up top at the moment? aye fantastic business :megaanguish:

15 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Skrtel swap for Morelos seems like the absolute embodiment of our godawful transfer philosophy. 

You’d have to be a retard to think otherwise

36 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Well,  It has been rubbished.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

How? It has been rubbished.

I did imagine that it was pie in the sky stuff. But the concept of it is terrible. The fact folk are even contemplating it being a good idea.