Rfc52

Out?: Alfredo Morelos

3 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

I did imagine that it was pie in the sky stuff. But the concept of it is terrible. The fact folk are even contemplating it being a good idea. 

Why?

Skrtel was clearly SG 1st signing target but out our price range....too many posters still have an over inflated price bracket on Morelos head?

Twice he has had 10 game droughts.....my maths tell me that's 20 games he failed to score in...Alfredos stats get slightly polished due to a good few games where he scored braces.

It is a lot of shite anyhow but if there were a deal on the table and we were to receive Skrtel and 5million then it would have to be considered. 

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Why?

Skrtel was clearly SG 1st signing target but out our price range....too many posters still have an over inflated price bracket on Morelos head?

Twice he has had 10 game droughts.....my maths tell me that's 20 games he failed to score in...Alfredos stats get slightly polished due to a good few games where he scored braces.

It is a lot of shite anyhow but if there were a deal on the table and we were to receive Skrtel and 5million then it would have to be considered. 

Because if morelos is considered worth around 7 million then we're paying 2 million for Skrtel.

We're cashing in on appreciating asset to buy a depreciating asset with absolutely no resale value. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Because if morelos is considered worth around 7 million then we're paying 2 million for Skrtel.

We're cashing in on appreciating asset to buy a depreciating asset with absolutely no resale value. 

If that was the centre back position sorted would you not be happy to have 5million available to bring in another couple of forwards.....it's a no brainer?

Ps if Morelos is only worth 7million then his value has depreciated from the supposed 10mill we knocked back in January 😉

If this was to somehow happen and we got skrtel goldson and katic for the price of Morelos then for me it would be a masterstroke and an absolute no brainer. 

1 minute ago, the old guard said:

If this was to somehow happen and we got skrtel goldson and katic for the price of Morelos then for me it would be a masterstroke and an absolute no brainer. 

Aye, but then we’ve no strikers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I'm sure we would sign a couple at least, but building from the back is absolutely the right thing to do imo. The goals we shipped last season was probably the worst I've seen in many a year. 

We can't go into a season with no strikers who've played in Scotland before, it's just a big gamble. 

Alfredo is far from perfect, but in a strong side he'll score 20+ goals in the league, and we need that.

6 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

We can't go into a season with no strikers who've played in Scotland before, it's just a big gamble. 

Alfredo is far from perfect, but in a strong side he'll score 20+ goals in the league, and we need that.

A lot of guys don't seem to take into account the amount of work Morelos was getting through. A lot of the time he was fighting to get the ball in midfield and even helping out in defence. I agree that in modern football this has to happen, but when we only have one forward it makes it awkward for him to score when he's trying to get play going in the middle of the park!

I know everyone will mention the simple opportunities where he squandered them but the best strikers miss sitters!

I like the wee guy's attitude and think that with a decent midfield and a partner up front we'll start to see the real deal (hopefully!!!)

9 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

It depends on quality. If we can only get the right level of player by buying someone who hasn't played in Scotland then that's better if you ask me.

Morelos scored 18 goals in 43 games for us, that is very replaceable. We could sell him for any decent amount and easily bring in 2 more prolific strikers than him tbh.

Sure the boy's talented and could maybe go on to have a much better season this season, and his work off the ball doesn't go unnoticed to me either, but if a good offer comes in we'd be stupid not to let him go and use the money. 

• Like 1

We need to bring in at least 1 decent striker imo. That will be 2 needed if Morelos goes. If we could keep Morelos and add Solanke then I would be happy with that but we are likely going to need to wait till late in the window for Solanke if he is available, isn't sold or goes elsewhere on loan. I get very frustrated with Morelos but would be very wary of going into a season with striking options of an unknown quantity e.g Sadiq and Marriott (to pick some names we have been linked with). We should only let him go for significant money and if we have 2 decent options to use the money on.

Only sell if its at the right price so we can bring in suitable replacements 

I still believe he will be a better player next season though with a season behind him and a proper rest 

Great attitude shite finisher, we need a proven goal-getter. Punt him for profit and invest in an excellent finisher.

We should be hijacking hibs move for the swiss boy they had on loan, played here, scored goals and would wind the wee ginger prick up no end! 

Maybe not a first choice but we need options.

• Like 1

20 league games he scores one goal he runs about a bit we need better than that.

20 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

We should be hijacking hibs move for the swiss boy they had on loan, played here, scored goals and would wind the wee ginger prick up no end! 

Maybe not a first choice but we need options.

For the money they are paying for him, thats a no brainer for me

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

20 league games he scores one goal he runs about a bit we need better than that.

Not even slightly accurate 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Not even slightly accurate 

Close enough he went ten games without scoring league or cup close enough then ten games where he scores one goal he's not the Aguero some thought he was like I said he was potential.  

When Windass bangs in more than you and he's not even the main striker it tells a story.

2 hours ago, Gman36 said:

I did imagine that it was pie in the sky stuff. But the concept of it is terrible. The fact folk are even contemplating it being a good idea. 

The concept isn't - provided it's weighted heavily in our favour ... similar to what TMB says a few posts ago.

No-one's claimed it would be a straight swap or a good idea along them lines.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

Close enough he went ten games without scoring league or cup close enough then ten games where he scores one goal he's not the Aguero some thought he was like I said he was potential.  

When Windass bangs in more than you and he's not even the main striker it tells a story.

He’s a good young player who in his first season scored almost 20 goals, of course he has potential burn that doesn’t mean he’s not good now.

2 hours ago, Siwel said:

You buy some then dumbass.

We need to buy some anyone, so you use the good cash we've got to buy another. It's hardly rocket science.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

He’s a good young player who in his first season scored almost 20 goals, of course he has potential burn that doesn’t mean he’s not good now.

Is that something I would not know you think?

22 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

I've saw multiple people who usually know their stuff on both sets of forums say the budget is 20M.

It's a bit of a waste of time if it's being funded by punting our best players then claiming it's big investment, anything made should be adage to ensure ten is stopped.

20M should get you 8/9 at 2M each, board can't get away from that, yet we are reportedly after a second Liverpool loan nobody has really heard of and then Solanke, both might be good players but good enough to come in right away and drag us by the scruff of the neck to a title chase or come on and affect games? 

2M each would be the most money we put down last summer for someone being funded 9 times this season which would be quality and take us to the next level.

It's important we put our foot down and instead of sitting in hope, go out there and ensure ten is stopped, board won't get that by going half in with their money, selling the shite and keeping what's good should be the expectation of a club with ambition.

Just hoping that letting bang average cunts like Cummings go and signing the cash players we have so far continues as it will be the difference between second and a title chase, up to the board now to show if they want that as much as we do, if they don't then just watch us panic buy to utter fuck in the last two seasons while they sit back on enough money to buy their tainted titles before a ball is kicked.

Honestly I would like to see Morelos and Solanke up front. Don’t want to see Morelos go yet as he is raw but lots of potential. 

• Like 1