Rfc52

Out?: Alfredo Morelos

No decent striker should be going 10 games on the trot not scoring in this shit fest of a league.

Morelos managed that feat twice.

• Like 2

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Honestly I would like to see Morelos and Solanke up front. Don’t want to see Morelos go yet as he is raw but lots of potential. 

He's needing to get rid of the attitude he has realise he's at the biggest club he will be at and knuckle down and learn hopefully this happens, but if it doesn't and we get decent cash for him and invest it well I'd be happy.

• Like 1

Just now, Smile said:

He's needing to get rid of the attitude he has realise he's at the biggest club he will be at and knuckle down and learn hopefully this happens, but if it doesn't and we get decent cash for him and invest it well I'd be happy.

Agreed, but would your face not be tripping you if you had to play with that shower from last season? Think his attitude will change this year with more quality around him. The boy wants to win. 

The Sun says according to reports in Turkey, we've knocked back 6-million from a Chinese club.

Stick another couple onto that and goodbye Buffalo. 

10 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Agreed, but would your face not be tripping you if you had to play with that shower from last season? Think his attitude will change this year with more quality around him. The boy wants to win. 

Yes but the only way he will get a move is to score goals and not miss so many sitters he does have the ability and gets himself in good positions if he stayed another season he may get better with better coaching.

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The Sun says according to reports in Turkey, we've knocked back 6-million from a Chinese club.

Stick another couple onto that and goodbye Buffalo. 

I'd take 2, he's wank

2 minutes ago, BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 said:

I'd take 2, he's wank

Aye very good

• Like 2

Just now, BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 said:

I'd take 2, he's wank

The way he finished the season... in fact from January onwards I felt he was a letdown and couldn't really be trusted. 

He had good spells before that but I think he shown his true colours. People saying he'll be a star under Gerrard etc are entitled to think that but I think it's just the optimism coming over them. He's a huffy wee bastard, a huffy wee bastard with raw potential and capable don't get me wrong but I'd be cashing in ... not for a couple of million though, 7 or 8 and I'm fine with it. Could put the funds to much much better use than having a stroppy wee bastard like Morelos mooching about when things are tough or he's missing sitters.

33 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The concept isn't - provided it's weighted heavily in our favour ... similar to what TMB says a few posts ago.

No-one's claimed it would be a straight swap or a good idea along them lines.

It won't be weighted in our favour. I understand its not a straight swap. If its a free transfer don't include it in the morelos transfer, negotiate both separately. 

I can't remember what the techniques called but it's like in those antique programmes where they say they'll buy something shite for a small amount of money to make the person think they're getting a good deal, to make them concede much more on a larger deal. 

Just now, Gman36 said:

It won't be weighted in our favour. I understand its not a straight swap. If its a free transfer don't include it in the morelos transfer, negotiate both separately. 

I can't remember what the techniques called but it's like in those antique programmes where they say they'll buy something shite for a small amount of money to make the person think they're getting a good deal, to make them concede much more on a larger deal. 

Well it won't be because apparently it's pish and not happening, but people are only talking hypothetically anyway.

American pickers... Its called bundling 

Bundling

The concept of bundling has been used in the corporate world for decades because it works. Just as a cable company or insurance dealer offers you a discount for purchasing multiple plans or services, Mike and Frank often get better value for their buck by pairing several items together and negotiating a fair overall price. This give-and-take approach helps each party feel satisfied and get a little more out of a deal. How can you add extra value to a customer by bundling?

11 minutes ago, BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 said:

I'd take 2, he's wank

It’s a damn good thing that you aren’t negotiating our transfers then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

See this chat about his attitude. It's fucking chronic. He's a young striker who's scored quite a lot of goals for us already. Wanting to punt him for pennies because he's huffy is mongo patter. 

Exactly. Let’s sell him for way less than clubs would pay because he is ‘huffy’ and ‘pish’. :lol:

I wonder if the fans at Rapid Vienna were thinking the same about Jelavic.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, the old guard said:

I'm sure we would sign a couple at least, but building from the back is absolutely the right thing to do imo. The goals we shipped last season was probably the worst I've seen in many a year. 

Trying to get other people to understand what rebuilding means in this forum is very difficult bud.....if Morelos goes and the defence is sorted and we bring two fresh faces in up front then that's a major improvement from last season. 

• Like 1

Just now, DeanMK said:

See this chat about his attitude. It's fucking chronic. He's a young striker who's scored quite a lot of goals for us already. Wanting to punt him for pennies because he's huffy is mongo patter. 

Not pennies (but I know you aren't referring to my post) but the attitude stuff is 100% relevent ... when he misses a sitter and his head goes up his arse and he goes in a mood he can't concentrate and is useless to us. It takes him a long time to recover from it it seems.

That's quite a big thing for me. His body language is fucking shocking and some folk have some short memories of him refusing to warm up and things like that because he's in a mood - there's videos from last season and also him not trying a leg other times because he's in a huff.

We are masters of the short memory - we fail to see a bigger picture, because we romantically remember good stuff he done during his wee good spell/s. He's not the only one.

But not for pennies, no. 7 or 8 million and he'd be out the door so fast if it were upto me. Scoring 18 goals for a first-choice, young, hungry, talented Rangers striker is hardly an unbelievable feat despite what some imply. 

His attitude appears wrong but I'm most concerned he can't finish. Has he ever side footed one past the keeper? Everything is lashed. I don't think he has the technique, currently, to score any more goals in a season. If we can get £8m I'd be very happy.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Not pennies (but I know you aren't referring to my post) but the attitude stuff is 100% relevent ... when he misses a sitter and his head goes up his arse and he goes in a mood he can't concentrate and is useless to us. It takes him a long time to recover from it it seems.

That's quite a big thing for me. His body language is fucking shocking and some folk have some short memories of him refusing to warm up and things like that because he's in a mood - there's videos from last season and also him not trying a leg other times because he's in a huff.

We are masters of the short memory - we fail to see a bigger picture, because we romantically remember good stuff he done during his wee good spell/s. He's not the only one.

But not for pennies, no. 7 or 8 million and he'd be out the door so fast if it were upto me. Scoring 18 goals for a first-choice, young, hungry, talented Rangers striker is hardly an unbelievable feat despite what some imply. 

7 or 8 million is a cracking deal for a player we signed for £1m a year ago, so no. I'm not referring to your post. 

It may be a relevant talking point, but it's not a relevant reason to sell him to the first bidder as I've seen many calling for.  

Scoring 18 goals, for a first-choice, young, huffy striker who suffered two well documented goal droughts this season and was part of a team that were hopeless for large parts of the year is a decent feat in my eyes, despite what some imply. 

• Like 1

I, personally, have never taken to Morelos so I’d cash in and bring in new blood whoever that may be. What we are piss poor at is maximising our income from sales the way the mhanks prostitute their players as world beaters. Even if I don’t massively rate Morelos, I’d be asking for max payment and in one lump sum, if he’s that attractive an option to the Chinese or whoever then they will pay it. Some of the chances he missed were howling last season, huffy or not, some of them were gilt edged chances that you just cannot afford to miss for us. 

I know we all want to build a settled team for years but we also need to be a selling club to an extent, mainly to the English market, to generate the funds we need to challenge or do anything in Europe going forward. Buy sensibly, sell to maximise income, and repeat. I go on about power and pace in other threads but that’s what proves successful here and has a track record of being attractive to England e.g. Wanyama, van Dijk, etc. I get for every one of them there has been wasted money in our league too but we only need to get 2/3 examples of Morelos in the next handful of years and the overall squad would be much much stronger and not have us relying on loans.  Perhaps I’m just deluded as fuck these days. 

Just now, Moody Blue said:

I, personally, have never taken to Morelos so I’d cash in and bring in new blood whoever that may be. What we are piss poor at is maximising our income from sales the way the mhanks prostitute their players as world beaters. Even if I don’t massively rate Morelos, I’d be asking for max payment and in one lump sum, if he’s that attractive an option to the Chinese or whoever then they will pay it. Some of the chances he missed were howling last season, huffy or not, some of them were gilt edged chances that you just cannot afford to miss for us. 

I know we all want to build a settled team for years but we also need to be a selling club to an extent, mainly to the English market, to generate the funds we need to challenge or do anything in Europe going forward. Buy sensibly, sell to maximise income, and repeat. I go on about power and pace in other threads but that’s what proves successful here and has a track record of being attractive to England e.g. Wanyama, van Dijk, etc. I get for every one of them there has been wasted money in our league too but we only need to get 2/3 examples of Morelos in the next handful of years and the overall squad would be much much stronger and not have us relying on loans.  Perhaps I’m just deluded as fuck these days. 

I agree with the sentiment here but you can't really compare us and them. Their players are winning titles and playing in the Champions League (albeit they get ragdolled for the most part).

2 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I agree with the sentiment here but you can't really compare us and them. Their players are winning titles and playing in the Champions League (albeit they get ragdolled for the most part).

I still think we should look to mirror the basics of buy looking to sell at some point and make money. We might not get £10m regularly but then our initial outlays won’t be as high either.  If that means Championship rather than Premiership for us then so be it, England are rolling in it, ffs Stoke were looking to spend £12m on someone this week. If we got offered a quarter of that for one of our players (exc. Morelos) we’d bite the hand off. 

29 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

It’s a damn good thing that you aren’t negotiating our transfers then.

:rofl:

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I just can’t get my head around people criticising his ‘attitude’. Wee guy works his socks off, having played two straight seasons without a break. Hardest worker in the side, bar maybe Holt. 

He’s moody looking and physical with defenders, but surely that’s what you want?

If he was cutting about with a smile on his face after playing in that team last year I’d be raging. He was totally isolated and still got a fair amount of goals. 

If a great offer comes in, by all means accept it, but wanting him chased because he looks grumpy is ridiculous.

Does my head in , I would take 11 with his attitude every day of the week over some of the rest of the clowns in the team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

Does my head in , I would take 11 with his attitude every day of the week over some of the rest of the clowns in the team. 

"Aye but he disnae smile" 

• Like 1