Rfc52

Out?: Alfredo Morelos

Pointless bid from them.... why would we sell our best goalscorer for a fraction of the bids we refused previously?!  Especially when he's in such good form!

It’s interesting to note how we’re treating bids for Morelos and Tav, compared to someone like Windass. Folk cry out for us to not just accept the first offer and demand proper value for our players. Outright rejecting bids for Tav and Morelos shows how important they are to us and that we are quite capable of rejecting bids for integral players - only selling for big bids. Someone like Windass, who I feel was somewhat underrated, is probably still replaceable for the money we got for him. Morelos and Tav, not so much - particularly at the quoted prices offered for them.

It’s pleasing to see us back to the stage where we are prepared to reject offers for key players and chase off the bidder. 

• Like 1

I didn't want Lafferty but could see the point of him with Morelos. I definitely don't want him instead of Morelos.

• Like 4

Mark Allen's negotiations with Bordeaux

1472617911_AllenSaysNo.gif.6f26ea5322849b185b6b95ef3890f71f.gif

He see's us as a stepping stone to the EPL, for me there won't be another team between us and his EPL move if that was to happen.

58 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Offering 3.75m 

Na, we would take 10

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppp as phone goes dead.

I actually think we have probably said a higher number than 10...

Hope we told them £37.5m 

• Like 2

Get this tae fuck! Our plan is to find players like Morelos and let them get us to the title. Why the fuck would we think about selling this type of player who runs himself into the ground for us in the system we play now? This would need to be a mega pounds deal for him to be sold. We haven’t seen the best of him. Why give it to another team? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

interesting to see that the majority of the forum reject this bid 

a month ago most would be if the opinion .take the money sell the cunt he's a miserable fucker and shite 

I urge all of the support to remember what you think of this offer and how much you actually value the player next time he plays a couple of below par games .

for me as long as we have morelos he will be a key player for us ,I'm old enough to remember when mcoist and even Gough were wanted our because a lot of folk thought they were not good enough 

Yup. I was idly wondering how many people who now want him to stay were looking to punt him ( or ‘bite yer hand off’ ) for £2-3m 3 weeks ago.

Morelos’ parented arse bounce is one of the most effective techniques of dealing with defenders since Hartson’s refusal to wear deodorant.

Gerrard should be in his ear telling him at least another season with us then he'll get a much bigger move etc. 

8 hours ago, magic8ball said:

interesting to see that the majority of the forum reject this bid 

a month ago most would be if the opinion .take the money sell the cunt he's a miserable fucker and shite 

I urge all of the support to remember what you think of this offer and how much you actually value the player next time he plays a couple of below par games .

for me as long as we have morelos he will be a key player for us ,I'm old enough to remember when mcoist and even Gough were wanted our because a lot of folk thought they were not good enough 

Go back to the beginning of this thread and you'd see a massive difference.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Go back to the beginning of this thread and you'd see a massive difference.

might be an age thing .when I was in my 20s I was fickle as fuck with some players .Ironically the 2 I was most fickle were Mcoist and Gough ,I must have wrote Gough off as past it about 6 times .now I rate him as the best we had in that era ,glad iv matured a wee bit 

no morelos no title. he's our spearhead, fuck selling him. 

sell him next year once we win the league, at 21 and unless he goes the next 36 ges without scoring , then his value wont decrease. 

glad it got laughed out, I'd issue a hands off.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Gerrard should be in his ear telling him at least another season with us then he'll get a much bigger move etc. 

Like he done with Suarez

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

might be an age thing .when I was in my 20s I was fickle as fuck with some players .Ironically the 2 I was most fickle were Mcoist and Gough ,I must have wrote Gough off as past it about 6 times .now I rate him as the best we had in that era ,glad iv matured a wee bit 

Hindsight as well, it's probably very easy to look at a player game by game and pick holes in performances etc but when you reflect on it later you see it for what it is.

I think for me with Morelos you can't just put to the side he'd already played 12 games in Finland before joining up meaning he played close to 60 games last season, he needed a break and I think we'll benefit hugely from it.

14 minutes ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

he needed a break and I think we'll benefit hugely from it.

This was my opinion aswell and was hastily rubbished on here very early to us returning to action.

I think we are now seeing those benefits.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Hindsight as well, it's probably very easy to look at a player game by game and pick holes in performances etc but when you reflect on it later you see it for what it is.

I think for me with Morelos you can't just put to the side he'd already played 12 games in Finland before joining up meaning he played close to 60 games last season, he needed a break and I think we'll benefit hugely from it.

totally agree wi Morelos .after a close season of comments on here most folk agreed that his end of season slump was down to needing a break .first couple of games where he wasn't quite on the ball the knives were out for him again. 

I love the wee guy .he's not the greatest player iv ever saw in a Rangers jersey ,but he's one of the best we have had in a while 

• Like 1

I would sell and get better in misses too many chances and goes too many league games without scoring. Still potential for me and good enough to be with the team but still think we need two better strikers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Fuck that. I've never wanted the wee man to go. Think he's an excellent wee player and even if he's not scoring he's always contributing. For a wee guy his hold up play is superb and he's as strong as fuck. 

You could see how much he was doing for the team when he was going through a drought and would be subbed for Cummings.

Even when we were playing shite, when he was on the team would press higher. He was like the first line of defence for us the way he was running defenders down.

The want him gone because he's moany argument was the worst, while Cummings was a favourite among our support. I wouldn't want a striker that was happy to play in the mediocre squad we had last season.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

no morelos no title. he's our spearhead, fuck selling him. 

sell him next year once we win the league, at 21 and unless he goes the next 36 ges without scoring , then his value wont decrease. 

glad it got laughed out, I'd issue a hands off.

This isnae Football Manager

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I would sell and get better in misses too many chances and goes too many league games without scoring. Still potential for me and good enough to be with the team but still think we need two better strikers.

getting better in isn't as easy as it sounds .unfortunatley due to our league getting left behind because of short sighted fuckwits at other clubs and arseholes like Doncaster ,paying the rate for guaranteed better players is outwith our reach now, just have a wee think .how many strikers better than morelos have we had recently ,arguably none ,

like a few in our squad he's probably the best we can realistically attract these days