Major investment?

kris1984

9 minutes ago, laudrupno1 said:

Stevie G ain't gonna come here with his hands tied behind his back to look like a dick when he had a cushy BT number as well as a good coaching role at Liverpool he must have been promised loads of ££ and obviously knows the investment coming,that's what I'm telling my self anyways trying to be positive :lol:

One hundred percent mate. As much as he'd like to join RFC, he's not jumping on a sinking ship. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

38 pages of conjecture so far. Take away the few posts that have learned enough over the past few years to know that there is no 'major' investment forthcoming that leaves at least 36 pages of wishful thinking. And that's what we have. Wishes and hopes.

6 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Do you think it’s legit?

We shall soon find out. Anyways - i dont think anybody is going to come out tomorrow at a presser and say "we have £30M to spend on the first team" - it would be mental. 

my own opinion is that tomorrow we will probably hear of the people behind any new investment rather than the actual sums involved. And if davieCooper is right with who he has mentioned in this topic, then that man owes us - big time.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

We shall soon find out. Anyways - i dont think anybody is going to come out tomorrow at a presser and say "we have £30M to spend on the first team" - it would be mental. 

my own opinion is that tomorrow we will probably hear of the people behind any new investment rather than the actual sums involved. And if davieCooper is right with who he has mentioned in this topic, then that man owes us - big time.

Was listening to David Edgar talking about David Murray a while back and he said he always cared about what people thought of him and wanted to be loved, I think he would come back in just to look like a hero but even if he comes in and stops them at 8 or even 7 he’ll be always be scum to me.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I don’t see SDM coming back into the fold, why would he?

anyway, looks like I’ll no be getting much work done the morra. 

Dont suppose you know when this presser is meant to start?

Just now, wearethepeople1 said:

anyway, looks like I’ll be be getting much work done the morra. 

Think it’s 12pm pal 

My emotional reaction to this is I don’t want David Murray anywhere near our club and I’ve already said as much in another thread, guy is effectively responsible for where we are.

That said, I’m absolrely desperate for us to win another title and get right back where we belong - plus, we really do need cash!

If he was coming in with a non majority investment and certain securities protecting us from him, I think it’d be a bitter pill to swallow but I’d probably accept it if it was what ended up delivering more titles. 

One things for certain, the media would not let it happen quietly which won’t be enjoyable. 

I’ve said it before, but I’d be delighted to have DM back. Has given me some of the best footballing days of my life, and knows how to put the rest of the SPFL in their place - scum included. Ran us like the establishment club. 

He was a broken man by the time the Whyte sale was put through. I’m raging at it, but I understand the immense pressure he was under. 

19 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

anyway, looks like I’ll no be getting much work done the morra. 

Unfinished business and regrets.

To be honest that has been heavily rumoured for sometime albeit it is hard to know whether the source knows that for fact or has heard as we have heard.

35 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

38 pages of conjecture so far. Take away the few posts that have learned enough over the past few years to know that there is no 'major' investment forthcoming that leaves at least 36 pages of wishful thinking. And that's what we have. Wishes and hopes.

I have to take issue with that.

As one of kings biggest critics, even I can see where the 3xpectation of major investment comes from.

Gerrard would not be here to be starved of funds, skelped by celtic et al and fired by the new year.

Also, the gap was graphically illustrated in our OF record and the fact we are in a 3 way fight for a mere 2nd.

King bringing in SG is a major coup but by itself does nothing to take us forward. The fans are chuffed right now but that wont last long without investment. The days of stroking the fans with a wee token spend are gone. If this season starts like the last one, king would be chased by xmas. Only a substantial investment will make a difference.

Take the facts together and it's  clear no big investment means the same dross and SG quitting. Why would king sign up to that ?

I'm as cynical as the rest but king knows his survival depends on it and the fans wont accept any jam tomorrow promises. Tomorrow brings them 10 in  a row which would be unforgiveable. We dont have much time left to stop them.

Im really hoping someone steps up cos if there really is no major investment i fear for the future of the club.

6 minutes ago, DavieCooper74 said:

Unfinished business and regrets.

To be honest that has been heavily rumoured for sometime albeit it is hard to know whether the source knows that for fact or has heard as we have heard.

I’m still no buying into it mate. 

We shall have to wait and see

a long long summer to come ???

11 minutes ago, Guardian said:

King bringing in SG is a major coup but by itself does nothing to take us forward. The fans are chuffed right now but that wont last long without investment. The days of stroking the fans with a wee token spend are gone. If this season starts like the last one, king would be chased by xmas. Only a substantial investment will make a difference.

Take the facts together and it's  clear no big investment means the same dross and SG quitting. Why would king sign up to that ?

You're right in that Steven Gerrard achieves nothing in and of itself.  I do think he'll get money to spend but I can't see us clearing out the entire squad and spending tens of millions replacing it - People are going completely overboard with this.  He'll get money but he'll also need to get more out of the players we have.  

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Who knows what to fucking believe! Not doubting what @DavieCooper74 has been told but why would an employee at our club make something up? Guess it’s wait and see!

I am too Leeds_Bear as I cannot see why he would either. I mean he was specific enough to say tomorrow there will be an announcement about investment that would topple SGs acquisition. Not that it was incoming soon or language to that effect.

I am honestly up and down like a prostitutes knickers with Glee and despair. I honestly would have had a better time fully believing this myself had SDMs name not have been mentioned.

I do wonder if there will be the announcement but perhaps without the names of investors?.

3 hours ago, DavieCooper74 said:

Tomorrow will see a financial announcement of investment that will topple the Gerrard appointment. 2 investors are coming in from afar as rumoured with the resignations but the return of SDM and/or at least his money is going to be the headline.

Been told this aswell mate, got told last night and again today from a mate, he said it’s from a good source. Won’t tell me who though 

1 minute ago, DavieCooper74 said:

I am too Leeds_Bear as I cannot see why he would either. I mean he was specific enough to say tomorrow there will be an announcement about investment that would topple SGs acquisition. Not that it was incoming soon or language to that effect.

I am honestly up and down like a prostitutes knickers with Glee and despair. I honestly would have had a better time fully believing this myself had SDMs name not have been mentioned.

I do wonder if there will be the announcement but perhaps without the names of investors?.

this a bit of backpedalling I am detecting? :violin:

Archived