Major investment?

kris1984

25 minutes ago, gj923 said:

50-60m so basically we are 20m minimum short of where we should be to be able to attract and pay the wages of better players without relying on loans

That’s without the CL money included?? 

Fuck me we are well behind when it comes to business terms. 

They must be robbing banks because according to Five Brain Cells there is no money out there to be made except from the CL. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, kris1984 said:

O’Neill sure spent £30m easily in his first year. £6m each on Lennon, Sutton and Hartson? That Belgian CB, the Swedish GK can’t mind the rest but easily £30m

Can't think where he got the money 

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15427634.Dermot_Desmond_bank_fined_after_FBI_probe_in_to_North_Korean_scandal/

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That’s without the CL money included?? 

Fuck me we are well behind when it comes to business terms. 

They must be robbing banks because according to Five Brain Cells there is no money out there to be made except from the CL. 

52m in Delia's last year with 6 home Europa league games and less season tickets sold although there is more money available via this route.

90.6 last year and 10m more in the first 6 months of this year

We should really be getting to the 50m plus before Europe to get a much better squad. We so need to harness the fact we have Gerrard there and increase revenue across the board so that in 12 months we can reinvest more in the squad.

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

52m in Delia's last year with 6 home Europa league games and less season tickets sold although there is more money available via this route.

90.6 last year and 10m more in the first 6 months of this year

We should really be getting to the 50m plus before Europe to get a much better squad. We so need to harness the fact we have Gerrard there and increase revenue across the board so that in 12 months we can reinvest more in the squad.

6 Europa games is still decent coin, a few bumper crowds all on tickets and a few million TV. That would probably be closer to £40m without it, which isn’t a million miles off us this time next year.

Just now, kris1984 said:

6 Europa games is still decent coin, a few bumper crowds all on tickets and a few million TV. That would probably be closer to £40m without it, which isn’t a million miles off us this time next year.

It would probably have been 3 in the champions league qualifiers then 3 in that.

Irrespective we are still a good bit off however I can only hope we rapidly close the gap in terms of income this year

3 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Yeah but the rumours I heard are more reasonable.

i personally think and this is my personal opinion king will give him £10mil to spend and then players sales which hopefully would be fod,windass,Morelos which would again hopefully be £10mil.

hopefully 

I hope so too. 

Ill say it for the umpteenth time. We have to find a winning level against the rest to really challenge celtic. Do we have enough to beat the rest consistently over the course of a season? Not quite be we aren’t as far away as perceived.

we don’t necessarily need to match the quality of celtic to win the title but we need players and a system that is very hard to beat. There is an art to winning ugly and in our case it’s what we should be looking at.

furthermore hibs and Aberdeen will pass the summer weaker, that’s a fact. Mclean, Mcgeouch, Christie and Mcginn won’t be replaced by the same quality.

2 hours ago, gj923 said:

It would probably have been 3 in the champions league qualifiers then 3 in that.

Irrespective we are still a good bit off however I can only hope we rapidly close the gap in terms of income this year

It’s important the board keep us on a steady financial footing. While is vital to win the title in the next two seasons the board must be shrewd in how they accomplish it. Throwing £10m or so into a caixinha-like transfer window could have a very lasting impact.

hoping for two decent CBs, a decent striker and a left winger all with: Alves, Herrera, Pena, Cummings, Martin, Holt and Halliday leaving.

If I heard we were getting a good fee for Morelos or tav, we were losing dorrans due to wages against how average he really is I wouldn’t grumble.

Archived