Major investment?

kris1984

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

If these major investment rumours are true, why wouldn’t the first thing we do is go out and get a proven top class manager? 

We don't need a manager.

We're getting a world class ex player global icon instead.

He mightnt have a clue about tactics and game management. But he'll sell strips apparently ?

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We don't need a manager.

We're getting a world class ex player global icon instead.

He mightnt have a clue about tactics and game management. But he'll sell strips apparently ?

FFS you’re as bad as KingKirk in the other direction :lol:

What possible basis do you have for saying he knows nothing about tactics and game management? So he hasn’t had years as a manager and apparently anything he learned through his 17 year career or coaching courses just evaporated like that?

I get it that you (and many others) don’t want him as manager and that’s fine but don’t make yourself out like a muppet with statements like that just like those who think he’ll be an instant success and deliver 55 at a canter.

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

What possible basis do you have for saying he knows nothing about tactics and game management? So he hasn’t had years as a manager and apparently anything he learned through his 17 year career or coaching courses just evaporated like that?

I get it that you (and many others) don’t want him as manager and that’s fine but don’t make yourself out like a muppet with statements like that just like those who think he’ll be an instant success and deliver 55 at a canter.

You taking that sportingIntegrity?

NeoGeo7 - earlier in a group pm he was saying he’s gonna let you have it m8

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

I didn't want him as manager but have accepted it's happening and will back him.

But tell me this. Did you or anyone else have him in your top 5 suggestions at the start? Or any other non manager? There's a reason for that....

The basis for my thoughts that he MIGHTNT not DOESNT is because I've never seen it. None of us have. Exactly my point.

You simply can't say he'll have learned how to manage from time as as a player. Too many poor players make great manager's. And great players shite managers. It's something time will tell but for me it's far from a given. And Andy Roxburgh is a coaching guru. Some manager eh if you want to talk about qualifications.. 

Finally, im the only poster I've seen saying given the gulf I'm seeing suggests this may have to be a 5 year project for success, and that given my appreciation of the gulf I'm likely going to back him even longer than probably many of those who will turn if success isn't almost immediate. But we'll ignore that as I'm off the scale anti him apparently...

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I didn't want him as manager but have accepted it's happening and will back him.

But tell me this. Did you or anyone else have him in your top 5 suggestions at the start? Or any other non manager? There's a reason for that....

The basis for my thoughts that he MIGHTNT not DOESNT is because I've never seen it. None of us have. Exactly my point.

You simply can't say he'll have learned how to manage from time as as a player. Too many poor players make great manager's. And great players shite managers. It's something time will tell but for me it's far from a given. And Andy Roxburgh is a coaching guru. Some manager eh if you want to talk about qualifications.. 

Finally, im the only poster I've seen saying given the gulf I'm seeing suggests this may have to be a 5 year project for success, and that given my appreciation of the gulf I'm likely going to back him even longer than probably many of those who will turn if success isn't almost immediate. But we'll ignore that as I'm off the scale anti him apparently...

KingKirk might say he did :lol:

I get what you are saying it’s about as left field as Pedro was on the whim of (presumably) one person on the board which is hardly something to feel comfortable about.

He’ll undoubtedly have learned quite a bit off of managers he worked under but can that translate into his own management? I guess we’ll be the ones finding out first hand.

I started off very much against it then leaned towards it just for almost every possible reason other than his management skills because I simply don’t know how good or bad they are. The way he talks about setting his teams up and some of the articles i’ve read on his tactical approach during some of Liverpool U18s European games leads me to believe he’s not a Plan A only, tippy tappy type manager.

Gerrard will have to have a good season next year, 5 years will never happen as I suspect you well know. The knee jerk loyal will want him out and others saying told you so if he doesn’t win the first 3 games just as people will get carried away if we do win the first 3 with the 55 train patter.

I see pros and cons for this appointment and while it wouldn’t have been who I would have selected it’s not as demoralising as a mcinnes like appointment..

Archived