kris1984

Major investment?

8 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

Why would he announce to the world we have money right at the start of a transfer window with a new manager?

Season tickets, my good man

4 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

My guess would be the investment is coming from Bill Ng, who is a Rangers fan and Billionaire Peter Lim. When Ng pulled out last time he said he would help the club in the future. Now that all the court cases are out of the way for Rangers I think he would be interested.

Thought he was in jail.

The usual media darlings would be tweeting that they have been invited to, or are off to a Presser at Ibrox today by now if something was in the offing. 

If the Club are just going to put out a statement instead, then it won’t  be anything super-significant. 

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

This is going to be a massive anticlimax.

You can tell by the way King answered the questions about investment. He just said "yeah, the board will continue to fund the club". Seemed to me like he was totally unaware of any rumours, or that people are even expecting Gerrard to get a significantly bigger budget than usual. I think he'll get roughly the same as Pedro. 

I know eskbank said stuff is happening, I hope he is right, but my head is saying "no chance".

What king said.

“We've got to keep funding the club and continue to narrow the funding gap that we currently have between ourselves and celtic,” he said. “We've got to make sure that in order to meet the manager's ambitions we continue to invest in the club.

“The source of it doesn’t matter. The rights issue is one of the things we are pursuing, but it is not critical. The funding will be made available whether it is through a rights issue or otherwise.”

6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

My guess would be the investment is coming from Bill Ng, who is a Rangers fan and Billionaire Peter Lim. When Ng pulled out last time he said he would help the club in the future. Now that all the court cases are out of the way for Rangers I think he would be interested.

:mutley:

25 minutes ago, jim beam said:

You just know that after all the hype and ITK posts that absolutely fuck all of any substance will be said at the press conference.

Yep my thoughts exactly 

20 minutes ago, backup said:

What king said.

“We've got to keep funding the club and continue to narrow the funding gap that we currently have between ourselves and celtic,” he said. “We've got to make sure that in order to meet the manager's ambitions we continue to invest in the club.

“The source of it doesn’t matter. The rights issue is one of the things we are pursuing, but it is not critical. The funding will be made available whether it is through a rights issue or otherwise.”

That clears everything up then

2 minutes ago, DavieCooper74 said:

....and if there is, do I get an admin position?.

seriously though this is going to be good news.

It it turns out to be so you will be strutting about the forum like an itk god slapping cunts all over the shop, and rightly so, if not I will enjoy reading the endless abuse ?