Major investment?

kris1984

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I always think people are far too quick to dismiss someone in the media's stories because they think they are a fenian or they don't like the newspaper.

I'm not talking about this story, just in general. Guidi could have heard what he heard but it could also be someone telling him, knowing he would put it out there.

I know the papers, the media and fenians are scummy cunts but it doesn't mean literally everything they report or say is untrue either. They sometimes get stuff right. No-one remembers the exclusives they got right in advance, just the stories that don't come to fruition.

Wouldn't surprise if he's keeping shit to himself for a Sunday paper exclusive at some point. Just putting enough out to get people talking atm

47 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’d be happy with £10 million being spent as long as it was on first team quality. 

Players like Foderingham/Alnwick, Windass, Docherty and John need to become squad players if we’re serious about winning it

tbh i dont think Gerrard would come if he was only getting 10 million.

2 hours ago, kris1984 said:

Guidi said on SSB that Gerrard will be announced on Monday but also said major investment is coming...

stevie g is worth 90 million usd.........david beckham has invested 25 million usd in an mls team

:whistle:

33 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m a broken record on this 

bar two or three seasons our ST sales have remained roughly the same for over thirty years.  Our support are loyal and true. So what you are doing is  talking nonsense 

Ok - it’s just smoke & mirrors, then!!

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I always think people are far too quick to dismiss someone in the media's stories because they think they are a fenian or they don't like the newspaper.

I'm not talking about this story, just in general. Guidi could have heard what he heard but it could also be someone telling him, knowing he would put it out there.

I know the papers, the media and fenians are scummy cunts but it doesn't mean literally everything they report or say is untrue either. They sometimes get stuff right. No-one remembers the exclusives they got right in advance, just the stories that don't come to fruition.

Having said that, I can’t recall the last ‘good news’ rumour that came true?

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Having said that, I can’t recall the last ‘good news’ rumour that came true?

True but what good news have we had? they can't report something good that comes true, if there's nothing good to report.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

What is?

BlueKnight87 said along lines of ‘it’s smoke & mirrors to sell ST’s’.

You countered, as you quite rightly pointed out, in your usual way, that ST’s get sold anyway.

SO

If we lose the selling ST’s part, what we are left with is smoke & mirrors.

Keep up!

42 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m a broken record on this 

bar two or three seasons our ST sales have remained roughly the same for over thirty years.  Our support are loyal and true. So what you are doing is  talking nonsense 

I agree to an extent.

However we've went from winning trophies, to the 3rd division and a defiance against those harming us, to our return to the spl. Where we've fucked up and show no signs of improving. Far from it.

You and I don't know ST uptake. King can and likely will.

I've also heard more folk in the last few weeks say they're not renewing than I have at any point (bar boycotts) in years.

So whilst I don't really think that's what it's all about I think it would be wrong and complacent to entirely write it off. Circumstances have changed.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

You countered, as you quite rightly pointed out, in your usual way, that ST’s get sold anyway.

SO

Keep up!

Or it could actually be true? Not saying it will be any means but I just cant see Steven Gerrard coming up here to make a fool of himself with a pish transfer budget. That's all depending he actually takes the job.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

SO

Keep up!

Erm y...es? I think  or maybe no?

help me out will you  what’s my answer?

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

True but what good news have we had? they can't report something good that comes true, if there's nothing good to report.

Don’t need to go much further than the McInnes saga.

I know that may not count as good news for a lot of us, but we’d have been signing an established & (up to then) respected figure & would have avoided the flak that followed, had it come to pass.

2 hours ago, stevemartin1991 said:

they say it happens in threes! 

It certainly did to me on a business trip to Atlanta, GA :tu:

And before any you of you start... aye it was 2 women and my glorious self lol . (Just to pre-empt more idiotic comments than mine of course...) 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Erm y...es? I think  or maybe no?

help me out will you  what’s my answer?

?

Never mind mate!

As an aside, I’d be interested to know how many (if any) have renewed on the back of this frenzy!

Archived