Major investment?

kris1984

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, gers31 said:

There is no way Gerrard would take the job withought no money to spend. And can't see king telling everyone we have money to spend. We will just need to wait till he starts his job and see who he has in mind to purchase 

6 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

We wouldn't be announcing 'look, we have even more cash for you to over charge from us', if Pedro got more than 6 then Gerrard expects a decent bit, not asian multi millions or SDM guilt cash, but a decent kitty

No club in football goes out and announces there transfer budget. You immediately give clubs your targeting players from an excuse to bump up prices. 

Yet there are people on here raging king didn't do it and concluding today's annoncement means that Gerrard will only have 6m to spend. 

Gerrard has not come to Rangers without iron guarantees he can get significant funds to rebuild. 

I thought last night that all this talk of outside investment was unlikely but hoped I was wrong. 

The 11pm embargo seems strange and have no idea why that is in place. 

This argument about not telling how much money we might have to spend is rather amusing, since King has just done that by saying he hopes to raise about £6M, oops maybe that was a red herring. 

I do hope he tells us once it is released at 11pm that he is going to comply with the court order from TOP because IMO that is very important to get sorted. 

I'm at the stage now I hope there's no more fucking daft announcements, not at 11, not tomorrow, next week or even next month. 

Give us time to forget about that season n let Gerrard do his thing. Announce signings when they're done. And win us the fucking league 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

I'm at the stage now I hope there's no more fucking daft announcements, not at 11, not tomorrow, next week or even next month. 

Give us time to forget about that season n let Gerrard do his thing. Announce signings when they're done. And win us the fucking league 

Most sensible post of the day, had to check 2 or 3 times it was you that posted it :lol:

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Been at work all day and not really had a chance to check for any update bar the £6m.

Someone be kind enough and give and me the lowdown eh? 

Lots of cunts going mental at not a lot, just sit out the back like me and have a beer. 

2 hours ago, Siwel said:

Eskbank said there’s info from the presser that’s been embargoed till after 11pm

A press embargo puzzles me.   Why would the Scottish press, or any press agency for that matter, respect an embargo unless it was legally binding on them.  For it to be legally binding you'd presume they'd all have had to have signed some sort of confidentiality agreement before being allowed into the press conference.   Embargoes as between companies doing some sort of deal they wish to keep secret until the ink is dried on the contract is one thing - it's in the companies' interests to keep things secret in case a leak affects share prices.    It's also something they and their advisers control since they all have 'skin in the game' so to speak. 

But an embargo on the press reporting aspects of a press conference given by the chairman of a football club?  I've never heard of such a thing.  It seems more than a bit fanciful to me...…...mainly because what is the stick with which King /Rangers can effectively beat any members of the press with if they break the embargo and just go for a 'publish early and be damned'?    None unless there is a very powerful legally binding confidentiality agreement in place, and even then these things can be got around by a whispering non-attributable well placed leak.

Sorry to be more than usually sceptical when it comes to all matters King but to my way of thinking an embargo, voluntarily honoured by the media - the Scottish media remember - seems to me to be just plain fanciful.     If there was commercially sensitive news to be protected, or some sort of legal position to be protected, and it was vital to reduce to the bare minimum any risk of a leak of such news then quite frankly you don't hold an advance press conference then go to the trouble of trying to enforce an embargo on the press.  It's not some government department here that needs to have an orchestrated bit of news released at a specific time and embargo is the only way to achieve a common message via multiple news sources at the same time.  Its a football club Chairman for heaven's sake.   All King had to do was have his press conference after 11pm.  It is as simple as that.  All this theatre about some sort of embargo looks to me as just being theatre for theatre's sake, if there really is even an embargo. 

It's all a bit of a nonsense to me. 

Just now, Scottywellhousetb said:

Lots of cunts going mental at not a lot, just sit out the back like me and have a beer. 

Going shortly my man, will update soon with her sour puss and a brush either or. 

Just glad that dodgy legs Magoo isn't involved again what a riot that would've been. 

12 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

i agree.

But King seems to love to get our hopes up, let rumours spread then his revelations are completely underwhelming. He should just shut his cunt mouth till he actually has something worth saying 

he could have announced the share issue before or during the Gerrard announcement but he just wanted all the glory and for some of the gullible fans to get behind him. Then left us feeling underwhelmed again.

Same old shite rehashed over and over

17 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I thought last night that all this talk of outside investment was unlikely but hoped I was wrong. 

The 11pm embargo seems strange and have no idea why that is in place. 

This argument about not telling how much money we might have to spend is rather amusing, since King has just done that by saying he hopes to raise about £6M, oops maybe that was a red herring. 

I do hope he tells us once it is released at 11pm that he is going to comply with the court order from TOP because IMO that is very important to get sorted. 

Steady mate, we don’t want to know about any major investment because those big bad clubs will bump up the price. 

????

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Been at work all day and not really had a chance to check for any update bar the £6m.

Someone be kind enough and give and me the lowdown eh? 

We're having a share issue that will raise £6m, no sign of outside investment as of yet. People on here are freaking out as we didn't announce a massive summer warchest and because they think the £6m will be all we have to spend this summer.

2 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Why was it even necessary to have a press conference,surely that 'news' could have been released through the official Rangers media?

Didn’t you know King loves the spotlight when there’s positive news?

18 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

A press embargo puzzles me.   Why would the Scottish press, or any press agency for that matter, respect an embargo unless it was legally binding on them.  For it to be legally binding you'd presume they'd all have had to have signed some sort of confidentiality agreement before being allowed into the press conference.   Embargoes as between companies doing some sort of deal they wish to keep secret until the ink is dried on the contract is one thing - it's in the companies' interests to keep things secret in case a leak affects share prices.    It's also something they and their advisers control since they all have 'skin in the game' so to speak. 

But an embargo on the press reporting aspects of a press conference given by the chairman of a football club?  I've never heard of such a thing.  It seems more than a bit fanciful to me...…...mainly because what is the stick with which King /Rangers can effectively beat any members of the press with if they break the embargo and just go for a 'publish early and be damned'?    None unless there is a very powerful legally binding confidentiality agreement in place, and even then these things can be got around by a whispering non-attributable well placed leak.

Sorry to be more than usually sceptical when it comes to all matters King but to my way of thinking an embargo, voluntarily honoured by the media - the Scottish media remember - seems to me to be just plain fanciful.     If there was commercially sensitive news to be protected, or some sort of legal position to be protected, and it was vital to reduce to the bare minimum any risk of a leak of such news then quite frankly you don't hold an advance press conference then go to the trouble of trying to enforce an embargo on the press.  It's not some government department here that needs to have an orchestrated bit of news released at a specific time and embargo is the only way to achieve a common message via multiple news sources at the same time.  Its a football club Chairman for heaven's sake.   All King had to do was have his press conference after 11pm.  It is as simple as that.  All this theatre about some sort of embargo looks to me as just being theatre for theatre's sake, if there really is even an embargo. 

It's all a bit of a nonsense to me. 

I didn’t read all that but I’d assume if a journo breaks the Embargo they will be shut out and kept out of the loop for the rest of goings on for whatever club they did it to.

Dave King deserves credit for not revealing his hand and how much we plan to spend to back Steven Gerrard.

No daft claims of 30/50 million front loaded investment etc.

The man is learning.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Dave King deserves credit for not revealing his hand and how much we plan to spend to back Steven Gerrard.

No daft claims of 30/50 million front loaded investment etc.

The man is learning.

This is my thinking behind it, why would he want to blab about a load of money we may or may not have to spend and let everyone hike prices when we declare some interest.

I'm not suggesting there is 30/50M available but it must be more than the £6m from the share issue, what about the kit deal, kit sales, season ticket sales, selling players, potential TV money/Europa Tv money.

And surely once we begin to get our house in order we can attract outside investment on top.

Archived