Major investment?

kris1984

10 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

We're having a share issue that will raise £6m, no sign of outside investment as of yet. People on here are freaking out as we didn't announce a massive summer warchest and because they think the £6m will be all we have to spend this summer.

Where would any more come from? 

We are skint, running at a loss and the directors already stated that they will not be willing to fund any more in the accounts. 

Your only hope is Park as he wasnt a director at the time. But that's a very long shot. 

Folk are having a go at others for expecting an investment announcement but those thinking they were just kidding and there must be some coming later are fair deluded. 

As for not disclosing a budget?  ???

Now THAT is fucking optimism. Think it through. King plays his hand close to his chest, but the first expensive player he moves for blows that game clean out the water. 

I can't believe I'm saying this but for once King is being straight. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Dave King deserves credit for not revealing his hand and how much we plan to spend to back Steven Gerrard.

No daft claims of 30/50 million front loaded investment etc.

The man is learning.

Correct, at this point in the game. 

As I said on the other thread, there is much I feel he cannot and should not reveal and investment is the least of it, if my instincts are right. Always follow the money.

There is good coming out of this.

Let's be honest folks, there is no big investment. King is hoping Gerrard can turn the losers we have into winners, and again let's be honest and admit they will always be losers.

Even selling players we have would only raise a few million at best and that's if we get rid of them all, nearly all our team are worth a 6 figure sum at the most. Only Tav and Morrelos would get a figure in the millions, Tav would pull in about 2 million.

1 minute ago, Guardian said:

We are skint, running at a loss and the directors already stated that they will not be willing to fund any more in the accounts. 

Your only hope is Park as he wasnt a director at the time. But that's a very long shot. 

Folk are having a go at others for expecting an investment announcement but those thinking they were just kidding and there must be some coming later are fair deluded. 

Now THAT is fucking optimism. Think it through. King plays his hand close to his chest, but the first expensive player he moves for blows that game clean out the water. 

FFS, you're sounding like me.

Be patient. Hard I know in that we've suffered long enough, but I see a long game being played here to our benefit. King has to move from his current position or he loses money. King does nothing without a reason. The game is on, just that he cannot and should not reveal anything at this time. He will when the time is right as there are a few hurdles to be overcome, TOP and and the share issues part of that. 

I honestly can’t see Gerrard coming up here to spend 6 mill unless he’s of the Warburton opinion that lower league 1 shite will fire us to the title and again I can’t see that either. 

I’d rather nobody knew how much we had and when the summer window closes we’ll know whose been bluffing and whose been telling the truth. 

5 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Let's be honest folks, there is no big investment. King is hoping Gerrard can turn the losers we have into winners, and again let's be honest and admit they will always be losers.

Even selling players we have would only raise a few million at best and that's if we get rid of them all, nearly all our team are worth a 6 figure sum at the most. Only Tav and Morrelos would get a figure in the millions, Tav would pull in about 2 million.

Tav we could get 3/4million, Windass probably 4/5million, Morelos fuck knows but it would probably be around the same.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

I honestly can’t see Gerrard coming up here to spend 6 mill unless he’s of the Warburton opinion that lower league 1 shite will fire us to the title and again I can’t see that either. 

I’d rather nobody knew how much we had and when the summer window closes we’ll know whose been bluffing and whose been telling the truth. 

King never said Gerrards only got 6million to spend mate he just said that’s what they’re looking to raise from the share issue but because it’s the only figure he mentioned people have jumped on it.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

FFS, you're sounding like me.

Be patient. Hard I know in that we've suffered long enough, but I see a long game being played here to our benefit. King has to move from his current position or he loses money. King does nothing without a reason. The game is on, just that he cannot and should not reveal anything at this time. He will when the time is right as there are a few hurdles to be overcome, TOP and and the share issues part of that. 

Get out the sun mate. 

To prevent people assuming Gerrard only has 6m to spend when that’s not really what today’s statement was about.

Would it not have been better for DK to have said fuck all as usual.

All this has done has taken the shine off the managerial appointment imo and started people worrying about budgets for the playing squad. 

The time to open your mouth and the time to keep it shut is something our board are not really good at unfortunately.

1 minute ago, CooperSF said:

Less than £3 for the pair (and I’m not even being sarcastic).

If it wasn’t for the ban on personal abuse on this forum I’d call you a mongo.

34 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Steady mate, we don’t want to know about any major investment because those big bad clubs will bump up the price. 

????

The arguments about not releasing what we have to spend and quoting King ? and £6M has been rather amusing. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Guardian said:

ok

1 minute ago, eosmhdo said:

To prevent people assuming Gerrard only has 6m to spend when that’s not really what today’s statement was about.

Would it not have been better for DK to have said fuck all as usual.

All this has done has taken the shine off the managerial appointment imo and started people worrying about budgets for the playing squad. 

The time to open your mouth and the time to keep it shut is something our board are not really good at unfortunately.

King had to give a personal assurance of 7mill to get the accounts signed off. 

We now here about 6mill from a rights issue on top of the wonga loan we had to take and folk wonder why we question what Stevie is getting. 

Archived