Major investment?

kris1984

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I honestly can’t see Gerrard coming up here to spend 6 mill unless he’s of the Warburton opinion that lower league 1 shite will fire us to the title and again I can’t see that either. 

I’d rather nobody knew how much we had and when the summer window closes we’ll know whose been bluffing and whose been telling the truth. 

Or he uses his influence to bring In somebody like Solanke on loan with Liverpool covering the vast majority of his wages whilst selling Morelos and generating a few million in transfer fees. Repeat for most positions.

All the while , looking for a new ‘Morelos’ that can turn promise into profit.

It’s not rocket science.

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The arguments about not releasing what we have to spend and quoting King ? and £6M has been rather amusing. :lol:

Amazing that Esky dangles news and everyone is quick with amounts we need. 

Then when it’s 6mill and nowhere near what they wanted it’s all ok. 

Just noticed something interesting regarding DK and the Takeover Panel.

As we all know the takeover Panel requires DK to comply with their ruling, however the funds are still to be approved for release by the KYC (know your customer) for them to be transferred to the UK (with in two weeks approx).

Once the money (11 million) is in the UK, DK can make his offer to the existing shareholders and will most likely be rejected, the interesting part is DK has stated he would increase his stake "Mr King said he will increase his personal investment in the club" https://dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/2018/05/king-plans-6m-share-issue-to-back-new-boss-gerrard/.

So, could this mean that the 11 million stays in the UK and is invested in Rangers as part of the funding for Steven Gerrard:

• Season ticket money - 15/18 million
  • Shirt sponsorship - 3 million
  • Rights issue - 6 Million
  • DK - 11 million

Total:- 35/38 million available? 

16 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Tav we could get 3/4million, Windass probably 4/5million, Morelos fuck knows but it would probably be around the same.

We would get no where near 4 million for Windass.

14 minutes ago, Siwel said:

King never said Gerrards only got 6million to spend mate he just said that’s what they’re looking to raise from the share issue but because it’s the only figure he mentioned people have jumped on it.

This.

I can’t recall any time announcing what their transfer budget is.

Folk can have a stab at working out revenue through sponsorship, season tickets, profit from sales etc but that’s about it.

Folk need to calm down and show a bit of patience.

7 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

To prevent people assuming Gerrard only has 6m to spend when that’s not really what today’s statement was about.

Would it not have been better for DK to have said fuck all as usual.

All this has done has taken the shine off the managerial appointment imo and started people worrying about budgets for the playing squad. 

The time to open your mouth and the time to keep it shut is something our board are not really good at unfortunately.

Fucking boom. Unless we have some important news after 11pm it has been a nonsense.

Maybe he is complying finally with TOP/court order and wants to let us know that, but that could have been done with a short statement. :confused:

3 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

As we all know the takeover Panel requires DK to comply with their ruling, however the funds are still to be approved for release by the KYC (know your customer) for them to be transferred to the UK (with in two weeks approx).

Once the money (11 million) is in the UK, DK can make his offer to the existing shareholders and will most likely be rejected, the interesting part is DK has stated he would increase his stake "Mr King said he will increase his personal investment in the club" https://dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/2018/05/king-plans-6m-share-issue-to-back-new-boss-gerrard/.

So, could this mean that the 11 million stays in the UK and is invested in Rangers as part of the funding for Steven Gerrard:

• DK - 11 million

Aye turnover might be £35-45m this year but loads of overhead to take off that which doesn’t leave a lot to buy players

4 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

• DK - 11 million

He’s been forced to move the money to the UK the hold up has been him opening a bank account. 

If he hadn’t been forced by the court it would never have left SA. 

Just now, kris1984 said:

Aye turnover might be £35-45m this year but loads of overhead to take off that which doesn’t leave a lot to buy players

Couple this with off loading a few fringe players and if the Chinese come back in for Morelos these costs could be covered, however I know a long shot but it could add up. 

DK has stated that we're not looking at further external investors so I'm sure they have explored all the possibility's to fund SG to succeed.

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He’s been forced to move the money to the UK the hold up has been him opening a bank account. 

Yeah straw clutching but always an optimist, just never know... 

13 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

• DK - 11 million

Our operating costs were 32 million last year...will be more this year..so leaves 3-6 million for transfers/signing on etc and wages available?

3 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

Yeah straw clutching but always an optimist, just never know... 

Would love it to be so but I honestly think King has got in over his head and can’t find a way out. 

He looked like a man walking to the gallows on Friday at the press conference. 

That’s the main problem there look at the expiry dates on all the garbage that no one will want to take/ give the same wages we are giving them. Need more the £5 million to pay off most of them if we can’t get rid of them. 

93F5E1C3-CF18-4789-8F6D-816819092443.png

Just been leaked to me:

The reason for the 11pm is that Kings flight leaves at 2245 to SA.  He needs to be out the country when the news is broken of him giving up all his shares, cancelling his loans to us and walking away before TOP lock him up.  A new director team is taking over and they are billionairs

And then I woke up

49 minutes ago, Siwel said:

King never said Gerrards only got 6million to spend mate he just said that’s what they’re looking to raise from the share issue but because it’s the only figure he mentioned people have jumped on it.

Right ok that’s fine then a seen a few people saying he said “Gerrard will have 6 million” obviously nonsense when the only cunts that know what went on in the press conference is the press 

25 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I honestly thought you were taking the piss about the bank account but just read the article above. :happy:

Today he  said: “Two weeks ago the Takeover Panel said they were unhappy with the funds being held in South Africa and they would like them to be relocated to the UK to be held in a UK bank account in sterling.

“I said that would require an extension of the offer because I can’t get the money into the UK, open a bank account and get the various KYC (know your customer) things you have to do with the banks to make the deadline, and they didn’t grant the extension. So that is where we are now.

“I have gone back to them and I said I will take that under review. It makes no difference to the funding or ownership of the football club.

“I said, ‘let’s accept the Takeover Panel will not be resolved in the next couple of weeks, let’s go ahead with the rights issue as it is with the restrictions I have in participating’.”

Mr King said he will increase his personal investment in the club.

Does anyone know what the bit in bold means?

Archived