Major investment?

kris1984

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not sure where you get that from mate. 

I read it as 10mill worth of shares used to pay some of the current loans, and 6mill of shares into the bank account. 

"At the moment I’m thinking probably £6 million new cash and the balance converted to loans"

It's the part about the balance being converted to loans. Wouldn't make sense for loans to be converted to loans.

I might be wrong, but it makes sense given the rest of his chat about how they will provide the money needed whether it be by loans or whatever.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically we waited till 11 o'clock for king to tell us that 8-10 million quid will appear (from where?) 6-8 from the share issue and we pray celtic have an off season? 

Hes not so much saying we're going to challange celtic. He's more saying let's wait till celtic slip up and fail to qualify for the CL. One season to get our act together isn't how I read it. How I read that is that once celtic fail to qualify for the CL they'll be up shit creek with the rest of us. 

Hardly inspiring. 

Just now, Siwel said:

Aye but we’ll have a title winning squad and a bigger budget from the champions league money if we win a title tho

Again that money isn’t a given by any stretch, the coefficient is fucked and we will have to beat some good teams to see group stage football. 

Again it’s King running the club on money that isn’t a given even if we win the league, what happens if we don’t make the group stages first year back? Are we up shits creek again. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Again that money isn’t a given by any stretch, the coefficient is fucked and we will have to beat some good teams to see group stage football. 

Again it’s King running the club on money that isn’t a given even if we win the league, what happens if we don’t make the group stages first year back? Are we up shits creek again. 

I dunno tbf mate I’d probably still be out celebrating 55 by the time qualifiers rolled around.

Just now, orangecountry said:

So basically we waited till 11 o'clock for king to tell us that 8-10 million quid will appear (from where?) 6-8 from the share issue and we pray celtic have an off season? 

Hes not so much saying we're going to challange celtic. He's more saying let's wait till celtic slip up and fail to qualify for the CL. One season to get our act together isn't how I read it. How I read that is that once celtic fail to qualify for the CL they'll be up shit creek with the rest of us. 

Hardly inspiring. 

One season without CL money wouldn't put them up shit creek. Three or four maybe but not just the one.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not sure where you get that from mate. 

I read it as 10mill worth of shares used to pay some of the current loans, and 6mill of shares into the bank account. 

The optimism on here sometimes is admirable.

Nowhere do I read anything that makes me think we are getting a big transfer budget nowhere. This point last season we were told openly we were getting a big one and got it. The message is clear that he expects Gerrard to bring success mostly on his own. 

Talking about O’neill Finding a different way to win - the cunt spent £20m ffs.

The fag packet maths on here share issue, this plus ST money plus this and that... we have to function as a business aswell. He mortgaged off last seasons ST money for players but told us in advance - he’s not done that this time.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Agreed mate, but if King thinks one title win is going to swing it in our favour for years he’s more deluded than I thought. 

Also he thinks win a title is a guarantee of CL group stages these days, I think he needs to have a gander at the coefficient. 

Yes - certainly no gimme’s there, but it does buy us a bit of time and stops the roof falling in.

And IF the roof doesn’t fall if they get 10, then we really have given up all we (think we) stand for.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

"At the moment I’m thinking probably £6 million new cash and the balance converted to loans"

It's the part about the balance being converted to loans. Wouldn't make sense for loans to be converted to loans.

I might be wrong, but it makes sense given the rest of his chat about how they will provide the money needed whether it be by loans or whatever.

I think he just got his words mixed up, we can’t take on another 10mill in loans. 

They have to shed some of the current debt in this rights issue. 

I think he just got his words mixed up, we can’t take on another 10mill in loans. 

They have to shed some of the current debt in this rights issue. 

Have to agree to disagree on this one and see how it plays out.

I wouldn't say that we couldn't take on another £10m in debt, as there is no repayment so it doesn't impact our day to day activity.

I must stress, I am not saying we should just take another £10m in debt though, as it brings other potential issues.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Listening to David Edgar’s podcast he said he expects Gerrard to spend upwards of £15million this window

Don't see it. Certainly not a net spend.

I think we will see a few good quality loans, possibly a few bowman's on decent wages and a few cheaper purchases in the mould of Murphy or Dorrans, but hopefully of an even better standard.

I don't see how we can support a big payout in transfer fees, but I could see the wage bill going up a fair bit.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Have to agree to disagree on this one and see how it plays out.

I wouldn't say that we couldn't take on another £10m in debt, as there is no repayment so it doesn't impact our day to day activity.

I must stress, I am not saying we should just take another £10m in debt though, as it brings other potential issues.

Loans are due paid at the end of the year. 

Thats what is being converted in this issue. 

Anyway that’s what I took from it 

32 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Sounds to me like he’s setting us up for one title and what more do you want. 

Totally agree mate that's how it sounds to me also. To topple them we need decent funds to capitalise on them as Brenda will spend big this season knowing he's up against Gerrard 

Loans are due paid at the end of the year. 

Thats what is being converted in this issue. 

Anyway that’s what I took from it 

The loans are not getting repaid. Any repayment dates will just be extended.

Let's see who is right, but I'm willing to bet it's me!

11 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Yes - certainly no gimme’s there, but it does buy us a bit of time and stops the roof falling in.

And IF the roof doesn’t fall if they get 10, then we really have given up all we (think we) stand for.

Agreed mate, I don’t even want them to get 9 we will never here the end of them doing it twice. 

Just don’t want it to be a blip then back to them dominating. 

3 minutes ago, gers31 said:

Totally agree mate that's how it sounds to me also. To topple them we need decent funds to capitalise on them as Brenda will spend big this season knowing he's up against Gerrard 

Hopefully they spunk it on shit we win the league and they really are strapped for cash. 

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Don't see it. Certainly not a net spend.

I think we will see a few good quality loans, possibly a few bowman's on decent wages and a few cheaper purchases in the mould of Murphy or Dorrans, but hopefully of an even better standard.

I don't see how we can support a big payout in transfer fees, but I could see the wage bill going up a fair bit.

Maybe not in net spend but I’d be chuffed if we spent between £15-20million on transfer fees this summer, I’m not expecting it at all tho.

Hopefully they spunk it on shit we win the league and they really are strapped for cash. 

Would be good pacific shelf number two lol

Agreed mate, I don’t even want them to get 9 we will never here the end of them doing it twice. 

Just don’t want it to be a blip then back to them dominating. 

Certainly not - sooner this run is terminated the better!

It needs to be more than a blip, when we halt it, but there lies the risk of 5 year plans, whatever, which never get seen through - and in this particular case, would be far too late!

As O’Neill showed - get the right folk in & it only takes a summer to turn things round!

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The loans are not getting repaid. Any repayment dates will just be extended.

Let's see who is right, but I'm willing to bet it's me!

Yes, there will be a balance of conversion of loans versus raising of new cash.

from his Q&A. 

4 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Maybe not in net spend but I’d be chuffed if we spent between £15-20million on transfer fees this summer, I’m not expecting it at all tho.

If it was £10m - £15m, I’d be pleasantly surprised.

Archived