Major investment?

kris1984

Just now, HG5 said:

Certainly not - sooner this run is terminated the better!

It needs to be more than a blip, when we halt it, but there lies the risk of 5 year plans, whatever, which never get seen through - and in this particular case, would be far too late!

As O’Neill showed - get the right folk in & it only takes a summer to turn things round!

With a big enough budget we can get a solid spine to the team in the first year, then build around it in the next few seasons. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Yes, there will be a balance of conversion of loans versus raising of new cash.

from his Q&A. 

I'm having a fucking mare trying to lift a quote, but there is also a bit where he says. 

"I don't care about getting shares, I'll just keep providing loans".

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I'm having a fucking mare trying to lift a quote, but there is also a bit where he says. 

"I don't care about getting shares, I'll just keep providing loans".

This is King for you double speak and conundrums 

That’s was from the question, will loans be converted to shares. 

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fuck knows.

@eskbankloyal

Can you come on and tell CB that I'm correct?

If I'm not, please just remain quiet.

I’ve read the bit you are talking about mate, and I’m just more confused. 

He contradicts himself from the previous answer, doesn’t help when the muppet asking the questions doesn’t know the difference between a share issue and a rights issue. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This is King for you double speak and conundrums 

That’s was from the question, will loans be converted to shares. 

Just re-read it. Starting to come round to your conclusion.

I'm not going to admit that I'm wrong, as that almost never happens. I'm just going to wait it out on the chance that I'm right.

Just now, cushynumber said:

One season with no CL  wipes out there cash reserves.

If one wipes out their reserves they'd still need another one to put them in the shit.

Am guessing desmond would be prepared to fire in another £30m for a season to cover the shortfall at least once as well.

I’ve read the bit you are talking about mate, and I’m just more confused. 

He contradicts himself from the previous answer, doesn’t help when the muppet asking the questions doesn’t know the difference between a share issue and a rights issue. 

Fuck off! Now you are making me doubt the doubt that I had in myself.

I fully retract my statement that I may have been wrong now!

1 hour ago, theblueoysterbar said:

If one wipes out their reserves they'd still need another one to put them in the shit.

Am guessing desmond would be prepared to fire in another £30m for a season to cover the shortfall at least once as well.

Well,  let's make sure he is in that position,.

13 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Certainly not - sooner this run is terminated the better!

It needs to be more than a blip, when we halt it, but there lies the risk of 5 year plans, whatever, which never get seen through - and in this particular case, would be far too late!

As O’Neill showed - get the right folk in & it only takes a summer to turn things round!

I hate saying this but we may need to do what O'Neill did.

He built a big physical side that could bully us off the park when we had the stronger squad and resources. 

We should look to do the same now. Getting strong physical athletic players in to dominate teams. 

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fuck off! Now you are making me doubt the doubt that I had in myself.

I fully retract my statement that I may have been wrong now!

Are you sure you are right about that?

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Just re-read it. Starting to come round to your conclusion.

I'm not going to admit that I'm wrong, as that almost never happens. I'm just going to wait it out on the chance that I'm right.

I’ve been reading it mate. 

Christ you need a degree in double speak to understand him. 

Yes the rights issue will convert loans, the loans never repaid part was about straight cash repayment from the sale of Mo that will never happen as he has told the DoF he will get any money from sale of players. Which I actually applaud him for well done Dave  

Dont get the sympathy angle he’s going for with the TOP he knew the rules and was warned by the 3 bears. Also don’t get his attitude that he can more or less do what he wants, he forgets he isn’t in SA on this one. 

5 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

As ever with a Dave King interview, there is some reassurance, and some strange answers. 

Overall I'm more reassured, and I think Gerrard will get what funds he wants. 

He will get money, not as much as we think he needs but that was never going to happen. 

Appluad him on some things he said and think that’s more like Dave, then he goes off on one of his rambles and you think wtf. 

He will get money, not as much as we think he needs but that was never going to happen. 

Appluad him on some things he said and think that’s more like Dave, then he goes off on one of his rambles and you think wtf. 

Aye, that's our Davie!

Headshaking at times, but he's nothing if not consistent in that way :lol:

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I’ve been reading it mate. 

Christ you need a degree in double speak to understand him. 

Yes the rights issue will convert loans, the loans never repaid part was about straight cash repayment from the sale of Mo that will never happen as he has told the DoF he will get any money from sale of players. Which I actually applaud him for well done Dave  

Dont get the sympathy angle he’s going for with the TOP he knew the rules and was warned by the 3 bears. Also don’t get his attitude that he can more or less do what he wants, he forgets he isn’t in SA on this one. 

The loans are not in the accounts as convertible to equity/stock, they should be.

8 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I hate saying this but we may need to do what O'Neill did.

He built a big physical side that could bully us off the park when we had the stronger squad and resources. 

We should look to do the same now. Getting strong physical athletic players in to dominate teams. 

I think you’re right, much as I hate to say it, too.

(the O’Neill bit, not ‘cos I’m agreeing with you!)

Archived