Sign in to follow this  
kris1984

Major investment?

O’Neill sure spent £30m easily in his first year. £6m each on Lennon, Sutton and Hartson? That Belgian CB, the Swedish GK can’t mind the rest but easily £30m

7 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

O’Neill sure spent £30m easily in his first year. £6m each on Lennon, Sutton and Hartson? That Belgian CB, the Swedish GK can’t mind the rest but easily £30m

Plus they had the Martian, stupid comparing, football economics have changed. Truth is we need to increase our wage bill and pay big wages if we are to compete. Maybe 2/3 players on 30-40k per week. Build our team around the players and improve current squad 

If they miss out on the CL a season or two they will just flog some of their players. Are folk really believing we're just a teeny bit away from beating them, and that somehow one league win and a progression into the champs league then we'll be on par or ahead of them? 

We're not going to be anywhere near the champs league for a minimum of five years, if we're lucky. How many times are folk going to fall for the same empty promises? Charles Green giving it the champs league music patter etc. It's a pipedream. 

AlCapone and The No.9 like this

10 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

If they miss out on the CL a season or two they will just flog some of their players. Are folk really believing we're just a teeny bit away from beating them, and that somehow one league win and a progression into the champs league then we'll be on par or ahead of them? 

We're not going to be anywhere near the champs league for a minimum of five years, if we're lucky. How many times are folk going to fall for the same empty promises? Charles Green giving it the champs league music patter etc. It's a pipedream. 

This made me feel depressed :-(

31 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

And who do they sell, they have been whoring rogic, Griffiths, dembele, Mcgregor, tierney and armstrong recently and not one bite for them, 

They can pish this league all they want, getting smashed all over europe means hardly any team wants their better players now

surfsup2 likes this

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

That's 160 million right there:whistle:

If you believe the scums fans that 160 million for tierney alone.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He forgets to mention just how much money O’Neil actually spent and it wasn’t peanuts. 

Then the wages they were paying on top of the transfer fee,  that what King does , we spend £1m on a player and  1 million a year for 3 years on wages then Dave King says we spent £4m.  So Sutton and Hartson probably cost between £22 to £30m over their contract duration. 

The only thing King got correct was that we need to build a team of 6 footers plus ,  they may be the better team but set plays can make all the difference when you are physically bigger - stronger. 

HG5 and BlueKnight87 like this

If we can shift £120k ish a week in wages (15 out) and maybe get about £3.5m in then I reckon we need 7 first team players (including Arfield and McGregor) with another 5 to top up the squad. I’ll assume we need to spend £10-15m on fees, with some free’s and loans. Also probably take that £120k p/w and make it £200k p/w that would leave us needing a net spend of about £10-£15m.

Seems feasible but hugely dependent on shifting the shite and being bang on with what we bring in. Upping the budget to £20m would make life much easier 

4 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

If we can shift £120k ish a week in wages (15 out) and maybe get about £3.5m in then I reckon we need 7 first team players (including Arfield and McGregor) with another 5 to top up the squad. I’ll assume we need to spend £10-15m on fees, with some free’s and loans. Also probably take that £120k p/w and make it £200k p/w that would leave us needing a net spend of about £10-£15m.

Seems feasible but hugely dependent on shifting the shite and being bang on with what we bring in. Upping the budget to £20m would make life much easier 

the shite will demand a wedge to be moved on

2 hours ago, Gman36 said:

I thought that's what he meant though? They sell their best players to balance their books, weakening their team. Get into the Champions League, they will improve  what they have.

27 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Then the wages they were paying on top of the transfer fee,  that what King does , we spend £1m on a player and  1 million a year for 3 years on wages then Dave King says we spent £4m.  So Sutton and Hartson probably cost between £22 to £30m over their contract duration. 

The only thing King got correct was that we need to build a team of 6 footers plus ,  they may be the better team but set plays can make all the difference when you are physically bigger - stronger. 

Agreed mate don’t think it’s needed all over the pitch but we definitely need some muscle in the right places, they need to be able to play god football as well mind you. 

HG5 and BlueKnight87 like this

2 hours ago, Gman36 said:

No idea what the scums annual turnover was without the CL money?? 

But when we can match that then I will say we have a real chance of stopping them and not just for 1 season, at the moment we are crossing our fingers saying a prayer and hoping Stevie G can pull a rabbit out of the hat. 

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

But when we can match that then I will say we have a real chance of stopping them and not just for 1 season, at the moment we are crossing our fingers saying a prayer and hoping Stevie G can pull a rabbit out of the hat. 

Sure the year they didn't make it they sold Van Dijk?

Courtyard Bear likes this

12 minutes ago, bilko89 said:

Sure the year they didn't make it they sold Van Dijk?

Aye, but van dijk looked the part especially in europe, this current lot are getting pumped abroad more times than maddie mccann, hardly any team down south will pay big money for donkeys that will get scudded off the top 6 in the epl, they will sell but not for thw money the tarriers think they'll get

25 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

the CL is a dead duck after 2020 - nobody from Scotland will be getting access to it. lie well has already suggested as much at their AGM  - and is now looking at the Europa league as a way of bolstering finances. the CL is now a pipe dream and I am VERY surprised DK mentioned it at all - because its a non starter

‘Shiny keys’, perhaps?

Or ‘look - a squirrel!’

cushynumber likes this

16 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

I hear rumours of Chinese/US investment. Rumours of a £30m warchest....

King basically says in the presser that he thinks the manager will tip the balance. 

Good footballers will tip the balance. Gerrard alone will not.

Yeah but the rumours I heard are more reasonable.

i personally think and this is my personal opinion king will give him £10mil to spend and then players sales which hopefully would be fod,windass,Morelos which would again hopefully be £10mil.

hopefully 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

50-60m so basically we are 20m minimum short of where we should be to be able to attract and pay the wages of better players without relying on loans